Subdivisions

Closer to the Heart

Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Working Man (occasionally)

New World Man (a few times)

Fly by Night (a few times)

Ghost of a Chance (once)

This does not include the Satellite stations, because then the list would be too long.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just was out and about the past couple nights, and Rush got played. Two 3 song blocks.

One was Barchetta, CTTH and Subdivisions, other was Sawyer, Spirit Of Radio, and Freewill

2.gif

QUOTE (I know i'm going bald @ Feb 19 2011, 08:28 PM)
Dont listen to much radio other than the local station in the car to & from work .

Not yet heard any Rush on there though !

In the seventies this sort of music could be heard on a number of stations in the UK

My favourite show was The Friday Night Rockshow on BBC Radio One.

Tommy Vance was the DJ. Loads of great stuff.

Those were the days yes.gif

Tommy Vance R.I.P.

I remember stumbling on there Top 100 Countdown of all time - Stairway was Number One, but I'm certain Hemispheres (Side 1) was number 3. Just awesome.

Also caught TSOR on Radio 2 recently, but on a request show - still pretty cool as it was the day I had bagged my 2.gif tickets for NEC

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Feb 19 2011, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 19 2011, 01:33 PM)
Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Fly By Night, and Working Man is about it.

these and also Closer To The Heart and Subdivisions. Same 6 or 7, never any variation. Just once I'd like to hear something else like possibly The Trees or Analog Kid.

These same ones for KGON in Portland, OR (both posts). Sure would like to hear some other stuff but then holds true for most classic rock stations in most markets. For example, Sweet Home Alabama is maybe THE most overplayed song in classic rock radio yet there are plenty of excellent Skynyrd songs that never get airplay.....e.g. On The Hunt.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 19 2011, 01:33 PM)
Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Fly By Night, and Working Man is about it.

Same here in Augusta, Ga., the rock station here plays the same 25 classic rock songs over and over...and over...and over. You'd think with all this technology, satellite radio, ipods, cd's and the like, local radio would get a clue. Not a chance, don't stay tuned...

I heard By-Tor and the Snow Dog on FM radio. Once. I lived in southern Wisconsin at the time... want to say 1996, 97?

I freaked. I remember sitting in my car thinking that that'd probably be the only time that ever happened. That was probably 15 years ago. So far, I've been right.

That station also played Cinderella Man a couple of times.

Those are probably the two rarest ones I've heard on standard FM.

Otherwise, it was your standard TS/TSoR/CTTH/Freewill/Working Man/once in a blue moon Subdivisions.

I play lots of great RUSH on MY SHOW...

doubt you'll hear Tom Sawyer anytime soon. But Caravan has been a regular lately, not to mention Bytor, Farewell, Hemisperes Book II, Necromancer, or whatever else might suite my Mood at the moment

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=63346

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Feb 19 2011, 08:28 PM)
All you guys need to get Sirius Satellite Radio... 2.gif is a staple on many of the stations and they plays tons of stuff.....The receiver I have tells me whenever 2.gif is playing on any station and just off the top of my head I've heard Jacobs Ladder, Red Barchetta, The Analog Kid, Working Man, (the usuals) Tom S, Freewill, TSoR, LL, 2112, Countdown...and that's just what I can remember for this week.

MY Show is free...heh

My only complaint with sat radio is it tends to rotate like the same 7-8 bands all day. They at least do play a wider array so I give them credit for that

Among the ones mentioned... the HOG in Milwaukee regularily plays Caravan!

Seems like the top is always TS, but I also hear Red Barchetta, Limelight, Freewill, TSOR, Subdivisions, Analog Kid, Roll The Bones, OLV....

Local radio?

Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and New World Man.

XM? I've heard Hemispheres on Deep Tracks once (not sure if they played Cygnus in front of it though, but they DO play some really off the wall stuff sometimes) I've heard Lakeside Park on 70's on 7 (just the end) and Vital Signs on 80's on 8.

I've actually heard more Zappa on XM than Rush.

I've yet to hear rush on the radio here...last time I remember was at least four years ago when we had a rock station. That said, I heard fbn, ctth, and tsor each at least twice on the radio. Recently, I called a station and asked if they had any good music. The guy asks me what I want, and I say rush...he says, "you like that stuff?" in a disgusted voice.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 23 2011, 11:54 PM)
I've yet to hear rush on the radio here...last time I remember was at least four years ago when we had a rock station. That said, I heard fbn, ctth, and tsor each at least twice on the radio. Recently, I called a station and asked if they had any good music. The guy asks me what I want, and I say rush...he says, "you like that stuff?" in a disgusted voice.

Dude! That's crazy! D:

I haven't met a single person who's into music - specifically making music - that doesn't at least appreciate Rush. Or they're at least impressed by something like MalNar or Xanadu, etc.. Only person I know who doesn't like them very much at all is a former youth director (church) of mine. But she said it was mainly Geddy's voice she didn't care for. laugh.gif

I can't believe a freaking radio operator of a rock station (I'm assuming?) would turn you down like that. Darned shame. eh.gif

QUOTE (RUSHMAN999 @ Feb 24 2011, 05:07 PM)
Plenty of rush played on planet rock in the uk 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

True but it's almost non-existant elsewhere except for BBC Radio 2 which occasionally play Spirit of Radio! It's a real shame that British commercial radio stations all play the same mainstream dross with little provision for genres such as rock and jazz and it's even worse now on TV with little room for 'real' music shows any more like the Old Grey Whistle Test, Rock Goes To College, The Tube and many others!

QUOTE (New Digital Man @ Feb 26 2011, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHMAN999 @ Feb 24 2011, 05:07 PM)
Plenty of rush played on planet rock in the uk 2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

True but it's almost non-existant elsewhere except for BBC Radio 2 which occasionally play Spirit of Radio!

And Radio 2 only play it so that Ken Bruce can have a piss-break wink.gif

Yesterday on Planet Rock, I heard Closer to the Heart and A Passage to Bangkok. Old Rush. Nice. smile.gif

There is a local High School run station that plays a wide variety of music which ranges sometimes from rap, to Led Zeppelein, hard blues to Michael Row Your Boat Ashore, often back to back that way.

It is one of my favorites for short trips where a full song or 2 off a cd are not feasible in the car.

I hear "Stick it Out" played a couple days ago.

92.9 the Eagle here in NE rarely ever plays Rush. And not a big suprise, but when they do its Tom Sawyer 90% of the time.

I've also heard Spirit of Radio, Fly By Night, and I've heard Working Man only once or twice.

I listen to the Eagle constantly too.

I played a few songs this week that I think rarely, if ever get played

2-25 MY SHOW pt 1

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185805_1746343493241_1078400478_31961063_7570220_n.jpg

Western Wisconsin/SE Minnesota area:

Main Rotation:

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Sprit Of Radio

Freewill

Closer To The Heart

Working Man

Occasionally:

Fly By Night

Subdivisions

Rarely:

Earthshine

Far Cry

Ghost Of A Chance

I should be thankful. It could be a lot worse!!

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 19 2011, 06:25 PM)
The Rush songs that are frequently in rotation here are:

Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Freewill
Spirit Of Radio
Subdivisions
Closer To The Heart

Other songs get played less frequently

This is exactly what gets played here in South Carolina.

Also, we have a station called Frank FM... it's a "we play everything" type of station. One night they played Time Stand Still, right in between Donna Summer and Kenny Loggins... it was a trip hearing it on the radio for the first time. So, unexpected.