Anyone On Here Love "The Other Rush?"

RUSHHEAD666

Not sure if there is a Frank Marino Thread on here yet. Perhaps there are a few on here!

Anyway, this guy is a shredding Legend.

Mahogany Rush all the way up to his solo material simply kicks ass!

He has a Hendrixy tone sort of like Robin Trower yet he possesses his own ripping style.

Forget "NEW WORLD MAN" Rush Fans! I need some "NEW WORLD ANTHEM" tonight!

Signed,

"JUGGERNAUT"

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I have Mahogany Rush IV on vinyl and have recently upgraded my turn table so I just listened to it a few days ago.

Dragonfly and I'm Going Away brought back some great memories of when I was 14 yrs. old and cranking it on my parents console player.

After seeing this post I am going to make an serious effort in obtaining some more Mahogany. Frank Marino is an amazing guitarist

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Feb 17 2011, 09:33 PM)
I have Mahogany Rush IV on vinyl and have recently upgraded my turn table so I just listened to it a few days ago.

Dragonfly and I'm Going Away brought back some great memories of when I was 14 yrs. old and cranking it on my parents console player.

After seeing this post I am going to make an serious effort in obtaining some more Mahogany. Frank Marino is an amazing guitarist

Right on Watcher!! Glad I wrote about Frank then!

You know I love to spread the word of music to you all!

There is a plethora of Marino Music to dive into!

"IV" is a great record!

Get the "What's Next" cd with the bonus live tracks if you can find it!

SHRED ON!

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Feb 17 2011, 11:33 PM)
I have Mahogany Rush IV on vinyl and have recently upgraded my turn table so I just listened to it a few days ago. Frank Marino is an amazing guitarist

the last 6 months Ive obtained about 4 or 5 albums on vinyl by MR. I'm not that familiar with their catalog but I like it more and more every time I give 'em a spin.

I love Frank Marino. Saw him live a couple times and the guy just blew the doors off the place. My friend got me into him...through the live experience, then turned me on to all the material. So unsung. So excellent.

You may notice that Zakk Wylde mentions him in as many interviews as he can bring him up. It's one of the reasons I dig Zakk so much. I hope that him "putting his name" out there has won him some new fans.

My friend just went to Cleveland to see him shoot a new DVD, that I understand will be available soon. He played for several hours at the Agora for the shoot. He told me there were several rarities, and he did take after take of many songs to get them just right. Sounds awesome.

Frank's one of those guys that saved music for me in a "down time." Just when you think you know everything there is to know, a guy like this comes up and reminds you that there were far too many greats in the past for you to take that attitude. And that maybe...there's someone in the future. Music is a big world, and if I wasn't aware of a guy like Frank...then there's way more searching and sampling to do.

I remember the first time I saw Frank Moreno and Mahogany Rush. It was at the local roller rink and everyone thought it was Rush that was playing there. They almost had a riot on their hands when Mahogany Rush came on to play. tongue.gif

Saw Mahogany Rush way back in the day... sumthin' like '76 or '77.

Had a couple of albums on vinyls and 8-track bnack then, too.

Haven't listened to anything recently, though.

*makes note to search YouTube*

Saw Frank in the UK, it was either the late 70s or early 80s I can't remember and was slightly underwhelmed as he seemed to over play to me.

I have a mixCD with Something's Coming Our Way on that gets played quite often in the car but it's a while since I listened to World Anthem or Tales Of The Unexpected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ckZ4UdI4s...be_gdata_player

Edited by Tony R

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 2 2011, 10:19 PM)
Hey partner! You can't go wrong with any of Frank's stuff!!!!

1022.gif

Trouble is the editions of his stuff available are shit quality, that have been lifted off vinyl.

I think I'll wait till they get a proper remaster job.