Rush items

Rushchick10

I was going through my collection of Rush vinyl seeing what I would be willing to part with and I noticed I had a Hemispheres poster tucked inside a copy of Hemispheres from the Netherlands.

At first I thought it included with the album and that's why it was there, but its got the record label logo on it so I was wondering if it's a European promotional poster.

It's a different poster than the one included in the US version of Hemispheres. It's a shot of the album cover.

Anyone know if posters were included in import copies of Hemispheres?

Anyone know how rare Gold-Stamped promos are?

I would imagine they evolved from white label promos, but I'm not sure.

I've got a Power Windows that is stamped in gold on the back of the vinyl jacket that I'm probably going to part with, but I'd like to find out how rare it is first.

Still looking for that copy of Modern Drummer.

Also, anyone notice that the Anthem vinyl copy of the A Farewell To Kings album (ANR-1010) lists Cygnus X-1 as "Cygnux X-1?"

Was this ever corrected or did they leave it that way?

QUOTE (ytserush @ Jan 9 2012, 01:07 AM)
Still looking for that copy of Modern Drummer.

Also, anyone notice that the Anthem vinyl copy of the A Farewell To Kings album (ANR-1010) lists Cygnus X-1 as "Cygnux X-1?"

Was this ever corrected or did they leave it that way?

I guess I'll answer my own question here.

I was going through some vinyl in the basement the other day and I found a couple of versions that had been corrected, so maybe the Cygnux X-1 printing error is rare.

QUOTE (ytserush @ Feb 21 2012, 09:48 PM)
What's everyone's favorite piece of Rush memorabilia?

I'd really have to think about it.

There's a lot of really cool stuff out there.

Other than the music itself, my shirts/clothes, because they tell other people I love Rush, and they've sparked a lot of conversation about the band and memories of them.

Having said that, the red Hemispheres vinyl and Geddy promo you sold me are pretty special smile.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

I know it sounds dorky but I love my homemade coffee mug. I took pics at the last show and went to walmart and they put it on a coffee mug. Pretty cheap to I think it was around $15.00

I love the Space Shuttle shaped vinyl single of Countdown I have.

It features the red fire hydrant on the reverse side.

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=1824

http://www.popsike.com/Rare-RUSH-SpaceShut...0090418067.html

Many other things to choose from, but this comes to mind immediately.

I have many rare mags and books to sell or trade, along with rare photos I took of Rush in the early seventies and eighties. I am mostly interested in concert photos of the band before 1992, especially from the seventies and eighties. A collectors site would be great to see for sure.

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Feb 21 2012, 11:16 PM)
I know it sounds dorky but I love my homemade coffee mug. I took pics at the last show and went to walmart and they put it on a coffee mug. Pretty cheap to I think it was around $15.00

I'm usually not one to like much that is homemade or custom, but I did have a shirt printed in 1996 that celebrated my Rush-Dream weekend December 14 and 15 of that year.

Dream Theater was playing at the Birch Hill in New Jersey on the 14th and Rush pulled into the Meadowlands on the 15th.

I was so excited that I had the tickets printed on the front and back of the shirt along with the Dream Theater logo and some of the Test For Echo art that included the No U-Turn sign.

I still have the shirt.

That's as close as both bands have gotten to being on the same stage.

Of course there are many other cool legit items and some of them have already been mentioned.

My favorite RUSH item is my first T-shirt from Presto. It was the grey one with the one rabbit sticking his head out of the big top hat. It's worn out, but I wear it around the house from time to time and since it's the first RUSH item I ever bought, it holds a special place in my heart!

Not a very unique item, but special to me.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 7 2012, 07:23 AM)
My favorite RUSH item is my first T-shirt from Presto. It was the grey one with the one rabbit sticking his head out of the big top hat. It's worn out, but I wear it around the house from time to time and since it's the first RUSH item I ever bought, it holds a special place in my heart!

Not a very unique item, but special to me.

I've got a bunch of worn out Rush shirts that I can only wear around the house myself.

I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

A few of my favorites:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/Drumstick%20Collection/100_2535.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/The%20Rush%20Room/dbb0.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/NP_HSPRINT_FULL.jpg

trink38.gif

Think I share one of my rarities here:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/Kasper.jpg

I was rifling through a box of my stuff today and came across this item. I haven't seen it in a very long time. I actually forgot that I even had it.

It's a painter's cap from the Grace Under Pressure tour. I bought it at the Cow Palace in San Francisco after the concert.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/Perchance/100_2247.jpg

"Rush" on the front of the cap and the "p/g" on the top of the cap glow in the dark. Time flies....

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 14 2011, 09:23 AM)
So, quick question: Would anyone be interested in a website dedicated to Rush memorabilia? Been tossing this idea around for a while, but don't want to put forth the effort if no one would be interested. It would be basically a site where people could post wanted/sale/trade items. I have seen something like this before, but it seemed to be dedicated to vinyl. This would have a broader scope. I know you can hunt stuff on Ebay (and, I do and have found some great items!), but you have to admit that you gotta sort through a lot of crap to find the gems.

2.gif

Came across this store that has the Rush 1st Lp on Moon Records

selling it for $ 250 I figure that's a cool prize considering what they go for on Ebay

QUOTE (roodrood @ Feb 22 2012, 09:58 PM)
I have many rare mags and books to sell or trade, along with rare photos I took of Rush in the early seventies and eighties. I am mostly interested in concert photos of the band before 1992, especially from the seventies and eighties. A collectors site would be great to see for sure.

Here you go:

www.rushphotoarchive.com

Fan photos from the 70s until now.

Kozmo biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 31 2012, 06:37 PM)
I was rifling through a box of my stuff today and came across this item. I haven't seen it in a very long time. I actually forgot that I even had it.

It's a painter's cap from the Grace Under Pressure tour. I bought it at the Cow Palace in San Francisco after the concert.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/Perchance/100_2247.jpg

"Rush" on the front of the cap and the "p/g" on the top of the cap glow in the dark. Time flies....

trink38.gif

Dude, that is awesome. A painter's cap!

laugh.gif

The 80's sure were something, weren't they....??

wink.gif

trink39.gif