Think Peart will ever return to Meet & Greets?

osage2112

Will Neil ever return to Meet and Greets?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will Neil ever return to Meet and Greets?

• YES
    • NO

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 10 2011, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 10 2011, 10:16 PM)
Maybe, depends if he's still up for a little extra income when he gets too old to play..

Why meet people when you could write a book without being bothered?

Good point..

Meeting and greeting, at least for the first run, would be a bigger profit and take less effort though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Dec 18 2010, 08:56 AM)

If i were to ever meet him, i would be so amazed by his presence I probably couldnt even talk to them or look him directly in their eyes. lol

Me too. With Neil I would start stammering and begin to hyperventilate while blushing with nervous embarrassment. I would blurt out "I read your cool book, Mr. Pert" while staring at him with wild, burning psychotic eyes that you cannot look away from- all while smiling, annoyingly, like that Martin Short. "You must give me something: I need you to draw your name on the white part of my gum wrapper". I hand him my chewed-up, woodgrain model Faber-Castell pencil. As he proceeds to autograph my piece of trash like a person in the advanced stages of Parkinson's disease, I also notice that he too is hyperventilating and flushed- and frantically pushing his little red bodyguard button with his other hand, thumb slipping off the hard plastic button from the perspiration. As he hands me back the crumpled piece of now moist paper with illegible scribbling, I put it in my mouth and start chewing, and then proceed to swallow. "It is done. The pact is now complete" I tell him. "You must no longer wear the African hat or consequences will never be the same" I see him suddenly look past my shoulder, behind me. As I turn around, I notice a middle-aged, overweight pseudointellectual man running toward us in the distance, painfully gasping for oxygen. Curiously, he is only wearing a motorcycle jacket, boxer undershorts and black shoes without socks. He's also clasping onto a shiny smith and wesson 645 in his right hand (the same model that Don Johnson used in the hit 1985 Miami Vice series). I look back at Neil- he freezes and hits the ground like a narcoleptic kitten. At this point, I realize a lumbering mass enter my peripheral field of vision. I immediately attempt a distractionary technique and toss a 30 year old bottle of The Macallan (from the Speyside region) up in the air. He instinctively drops the piece and yells in a slow, baritone manner,: "Noooooooooooooooooo.." as he dives for the bottle and catches it by his thick-caterpillar-like Lifeson fingers. As I continue running, I look back and see the half-clothed porcine man lying on the ground, cradling the bottle and blubbering incoherent sentences with Neil sitting next to him looking shell-shocked, chanting Richard Dawkins passages like a shaman priest.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Feb 10 2011, 09:39 PM)
I don't think that Neil will ever return to Meet & Greets.

But one has to wonder, does it ever cross his mind before the show,

"Hmm, maybe tonight I'll surprise everyone and just say 'what the heck' and do it..."

I think it would be a random thing and would most likely blow everyone's mind.

Let's face it, this has been so over discussed that it is now a bigger issue in theory and speculation than it is in reality.

Good thread...thanks everyone for abstaining from the NP bashing.

~Peace, Love, NP

RGLT

NeilFinal.gif

biggrin.gif

I like the enthusiasm.

I kinda think the same way...as a lark, he might show up and see just how jazzed his well behaved fans can be.

Every other hiatus he's imposed on himself...he's come back from.

I hope he gives us a chance and finds us "fun".

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 10 2011, 02:36 PM)
Great! Another thread that will, no doubt, turn into a Neil Peart bashfest. And to answer the question - no.

b_sigh.gif

Can I mambo dogface to the banana patch with you....? No desire to play this game again.

For the record, I find it doubtful...

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Feb 10 2011, 06:16 PM)
When the Cubs win the World Series.

What he said, they'll be retired by then.

If anyone seriously thinks Neil Peart will ever do a meet and greet (other than a special case for something like the Make A Wish Foundation), they're seriously deluding themselves. He is who he is. If people really want to get to know him somehow, read his long, boring books. Oh, I jest about the boring part, I've never actually read one. tongue.gif

And ultimately, who cares? Well, I guess some do, but really, I care about Rush for their music. Sure, it'd be nice to meet the band in some non-awkward, non-contrived situation, if that were ever possible, but I don't ever expect that would happen, and it's completely unimportant to me regardless. They've got millions of fans. Why should I be special? I've been in the same room with them for concerts. That's more than enough.

Would you people quit making excuses for Neil? For a person in his position, what he's doing (or not doing) is extremely unacceptable and terribly antisocial not to just fans, but to Geddy and Alex. The bottom line- he's fully aware he's the one with ultimate gravity in the group and is doing what he wants, regardless of consequences. I'll be the first to say this, but he has inconceivably taken unfair advantage of his situation. What he's really saying to anyone who has an attachment to him is "Tough sh!t. I'm in the driver's seat. Everything will be on my terms. Deal with it."

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 10 2011, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (L. Wince @ Dec 18 2010, 08:56 AM)
If i were to ever meet him, i would be so amazed by his presence I probably couldnt even talk to them or look him directly in their eyes. lol

Me too. With Neil I would start stammering and begin to hyperventilate while blushing with nervous embarrassment. I would blurt out "I read your cool book, Mr. Pert" while staring at him with wild, burning psychotic eyes that you cannot look away from- all while smiling, annoyingly, like that Martin Short. "You must give me something: I need you to draw your name on the white part of my gum wrapper". I hand him my chewed-up, woodgrain model Faber-Castell pencil. As he proceeds to autograph my piece of trash like a person in the advanced stages of Parkinson's disease, I also notice that he too is hyperventilating and flushed- and frantically pushing his little red bodyguard button with his other hand, thumb slipping off the hard plastic button from the perspiration. As he hands me back the crumpled piece of now moist paper with illegible scribbling, I put it in my mouth and start chewing, and then proceed to swallow. "It is done. The pact is now complete" I tell him. "You must no longer wear the African hat or consequences will never be the same" I see him suddenly look past my shoulder, behind me. As I turn around, I notice a middle-aged, overweight pseudointellectual man running toward us in the distance, painfully gasping for oxygen. Curiously, he is only wearing a motorcycle jacket, boxer undershorts and black shoes without socks. He's also clasping onto a shiny smith and wesson 645 in his right hand (the same model that Don Johnson used in the hit 1985 Miami Vice series). I look back at Neil- he freezes and hits the ground like a narcoleptic kitten. At this point, I realize a lumbering mass enter my peripheral field of vision. I immediately attempt a distractionary technique and toss a 30 year old bottle of The Macallan (from the Speyside region) up in the air. He instinctively drops the piece and yells in a slow, baritone manner,: "Noooooooooooooooooo.." as he dives for the bottle and catches it by his thick-caterpillar-like Lifeson fingers. As I continue running, I look back and see the half-clothed porcine man lying on the ground, cradling the bottle and blubbering incoherent sentences with Neil sitting next to him looking shell-shocked, chanting Richard Dawkins passages like a shaman priest.

Gemini, you have talent...

If you ever do have the opportunity to meet Neil,

just hand him some of your written musings...

You just might be offered a gig as his Ghost Writer should Neil ever want to go the fiction route...

smile.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 11 2011, 09:51 AM)
Would you people quit making excuses for Neil? For a person in his position, what he's doing (or not doing) is extremely unacceptable and terribly antisocial not to just fans, but to Geddy and Alex. The bottom line- he's fully aware he's the one with ultimate gravity in the group and is doing what he wants, regardless of consequences. I'll be the first to say this, but he has inconceivably taken unfair advantage of his situation. What he's really saying to anyone who has an attachment to him is "Tough sh!t. I'm in the driver's seat. Everything will be on my terms. Deal with it."

All your posts about Neil are the same. rage.gif

Too predictable and boring.

QUOTE (rusher @ Feb 11 2011, 12:53 PM)
Would you people quit making excuses for Neil?  For a person in his position, what he's doing (or not doing) is extremely unacceptable and terribly antisocial not to just fans, but to Geddy and Alex. The bottom line- he's fully aware he's the one with ultimate gravity in the group and is doing what he wants, regardless of consequences. I'll be the first to say this, but he has inconceivably  taken unfair advantage of his situation. What he's really saying to anyone who has an attachment to him is  "Tough sh!t. I'm in the driver's seat. Everything will be on my terms. Deal with it."

Why care this much about if Neil does them or not? I don't care what they do outside of releasing music and touring. They're musicians. They don't HAVE to do these kinds of things at all. Just bring on the music I say and that's it. You seem way too involved in the personal aspects of these people. Get over it.

QUOTE (rusher @ Feb 11 2011, 12:53 PM)
Would you people quit making excuses for Neil?  For a person in his position, what he's doing (or not doing) is extremely unacceptable and terribly antisocial not to just fans, but to Geddy and Alex. The bottom line- he's fully aware he's the one with ultimate gravity in the group and is doing what he wants, regardless of consequences. I'll be the first to say this, but he has inconceivably  taken unfair advantage of his situation. What he's really saying to anyone who has an attachment to him is  "Tough sh!t. I'm in the driver's seat. Everything will be on my terms. Deal with it."

But accurate, nonetheless.

Guys. It's the internet. It's not serious business. Or srs bsns, for that matter.

I say if GeminiRising wants to spew his opinions and claim them as "accurate", let him. It's a forum, after all. Sure, it can get incredibly repetitious and boring and probably has no effect on anyone, but technically, it is his right. Neil isn't losing any fans because of our friend here. (:

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 11 2011, 07:51 AM)

i often agree with you, but in this instance i'm giving neil the benefit of the doubt. i mean, i admit that i thought it was pretty disrespectful when he didn't show up for the hollywood walk of fame star, but i got over it. ultimately it's his life and his decisions. i think the fact that geddy and alex do meet and greets is amazing and really above and beyond the call of duty. because neil doesn't choose to go above and beyone is his choice. he's a drummer. i appreciate him for his music, and very often for his lyrics. anything else he chooses to do or not do is up to him and really has no bearing on the music.

one could EASILY make the argument that he's the most revealing of the three of them given his books, and even though i have no interest in his books personally, they're there if people really want to or feel the need to be close with him or connected somehow.

Archived