Let's Get RUSH to play Half-Time at Superbowl 46!

alc

Love them or hate them you have to admit Bon Jovi would be perfect for the half time show. They have a ton of sing-along hits and they would actually play their instruments and sing. Not lip sync. Plus they are rock/pop which would appeal to a large audience. As much as I love RUSH they are just a little outside the mainstream to be considered IMO.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 8 2011, 02:14 PM)
Love them or hate them you have to admit Bon Jovi would be perfect for the half time show. They have a ton of sing-along hits and they would actually play their instruments and sing. Not lip sync. Plus they are rock/pop which would appeal to a large audience. As much as I love RUSH they are just a little outside the mainstream to be considered IMO.

As much as I hate Bon Jovi even I'll admit that he would make a great half time performance

yes bon jovi would be simple enough for average sb watcher I reckon. So passe (listened them through few albums 83-86 era, and don't have to look back). So nice lyrics with full of wisdom and intelligence.

SB finals I've seen since 1988, as a sport like a lot. Ryder Cup for Alex, for Geddy the baseball (three hours watching men with steroids) and Neil, yep, he's not that interested..

Who was a while ago, so why not RUSH, maybe someone "regular" would start to think..

Love them or hate them you have to admit Bon Jovi would be perfect for the half time show.

They are doing the 2014 S.B. in New Jersey

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 8 2011, 12:01 PM)
Love them or hate them you have to admit Bon Jovi would be perfect for the half time show.

How the hell did Pags get the gig? confused13.gif laugh.gif 653.gif 2.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 8 2011, 04:01 PM)

No way do they decide that far ahead. That is just speculation on your part. Right? laugh.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 8 2011, 04:45 PM)

No way do they decide that far ahead. That is just speculation on your part. Right? laugh.gif

I heard it right out of JBJ mouth last summer . Went to the show with my wife

QUOTE (alc @ Feb 7 2011, 08:08 PM)
I know this is probably a pipe dream, but I figure if they can have a Facebook page and get Betty White on SNL, why can't we try and get enough support to try and get RUSH to play at Superbowl 46?

That's my hope and I hope all fellow Rush fans show support and spread the word about the page. If we get enough support, perhaps they'll consider it?

Uhm...musically the majority of the public is like chimps compared to Rush fans and Jazz fans and Classical fans. Are you sure you've watched the Grammys even once in the last 15 or 20 years? In a world where Snooki is one of the most famous women alive I don't see Rush every playing the superbowl.

And how about that band at this year's superbowl, eh? Hot girl. She had a nice voice and could sing. The part with Slash was pretty cool...and visually it was impressive. But musically? Yikes. That show sucked harder than one of Charlie Sheen's couch buddies. Did you notice that effect on that male singer's voice? That's not for the same reason Cher used it on her hit song 'Believe', he wasn't using it as some new tech effect,... he was using it because it keeps his voice in key. He was using it because he can't really even sing.

There will come a day when a man will walk out on stage and do nothing more than tap a spoon on his head and people will applaud. Mark my words. Unless something drastic changes the direction of the world you will see kids touring soon standing in front of a TV that's displaying Guitar Hero while reading lyrics off a sheet of paper. And they'll be the opening band for the guy with the spoon. And the tour will pull in millions of dollars.

cool.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 8 2011, 06:05 PM)
As recent Super Bowls have showed us, the halftime show has become a place where once-proud bands go to embarrass themselves. A band like Rush has no need to go there.

goodpost.gif

The halftime show is all about hype and spectacle which is the antithesis of what Rush has been throughout their career so I don't see them jumping at the chance to do it. If they did however these songs could work in a medley: Working Man, Tom Sawyer, New World Man, Fly By Night, In The Mood, Closer To The Heart, Spirit of Radio.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 8 2011, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 8 2011, 04:45 PM)

I heard it right out of JBJ mouth last summer . Went to the show with my wife

Now Bon Jovi wants to buy the Falcons....wonder if this has any bearing on whether he could do the halftime show?

Jon Bon Jovi to Buy Stake in Atlanta Falcons?
ESPN. com is reporting that the New Jersey musician could own 15 percent of the team - at a cost of nearly $150 million- if he and Blank can reach an agreement.

Blank confirmed the talks to ESPN but would not give any details.

The "Livin' on a Prayer" singer owned the Philadelphia Soul, an Arena Football League team, from 2004-09.

QUOTE (alc @ Feb 8 2011, 02:08 AM)
I know this is probably a pipe dream, but I figure if they can have a Facebook page and get Betty White on SNL, why can't we try and get enough support to try and get RUSH to play at Superbowl 46?

That's my hope and I hope all fellow Rush fans show support and spread the word about the page. If we get enough support, perhaps they'll consider it?

From this suggestion I deduce you are completely unfamiliar with both Rush and the SuperBowl.

LOL

But just suspend reality for a minute, and pretend they did - what would you want them play if they only had 15 minutes?

I would love to see Dreamline in there with full lasers. Marathon would also be good, fitting of the situation. Plus a medly of hits, TSOR, Tom Sawyer, Limelight....

I would never want to see them perform in the Halftime show.

Don't think it would really mesh with their reputation and how they've always done things.

They're an independent band and the bands who play Super Bowl Halftime shows are mainstream.

Yeah maybe it would get them a small bit of recognition but I think most of the audience would bitch about Geddy's voice.

Archived