Traveling to see Rush?

L. Wince

10 mins. up the freeway to the Portland show (actually the amphitheater is in Ridgefield, Washington about 15-20 mins. north of Portland). Love those close ones!!

Then 5 days later I'm going to the Gorge to see them again and it's as much about the journey for that one as it is the concert......well, almost anyway. I will be riding my motorcycle (2006 Harley Road King) and will leave the morning of the show and ride up the Columbia River gorge on the Washington side, go over Satus Pass (U.S. Highway 97), drop into Yakima and then follow the Yakima River Canyon Rd. up to Ellensburg where I'll stay the night after the show. Most of that is beautifully scenic riding. I took the same ride trip last May to see Petty at the Gorge.

Bonus for the Gorge show is that Janie from this forum is sitting 2 rows behind me so I'll get to meet someone from here which will be really nice.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving about 20 miles to MSG on 10 April and then on the 15th, a 7 hour drive to Cleveland.

Quite possibly fly to L.A. for the shows there on 20/22 June depending what the "special" is in "special" shows they mentioned at the tour's announcement. (My hope is that they'll be backed by an orchestra).

We drove to Red Rocks from Phoenix on the first leg of the tour (about 850 miles). Since they are coming to Phoenix this time we will just be hangin' local, but my brother will be traveling from Okinawa Japan to Phoenix (6800 miles) to go to the show with my ever-loving bride and myself!

2.gif

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Feb 5 2011, 03:23 PM)
Me and my brother are getting tickets to the April 12th Show in Chicago, IL. We are going to be traveling from Nebraska to see Rush. Awesome!

Anybody else traveling to see Rush, and how far?

Went to see them in Boston September 14th 2010. I travelled from The Netherlands. Was an awesome trip.

This year I'm traveling from CT to NYC, Cleveland, Seattle/The Gorge, and possibly Phoenix.

My rule is that I'll drive up to 3 hrs to see Rush (most of NE and NY), and I'll fly to places I have family and friends - so I've been to Seattle, Phoenix, and Denver before. I've also driven to Philly (over 3 hrs, but I have a friend there), and Toronto (9 hr drive, but I *had* to make it to Toronto at least once!).

Cleveland doesn't fit my "criteria" - but it's a special concert with lots of people going! Can't wait for it!

Stage 1

Maywick to Aberdeen

238.76 miles (includes 14 hour ferry journey via Orkney)

Stage 2

Aberdeen to Stirling (to pick up son from University)

120.64 miles

Stage 3

Stirling to Glasgow

26.4 miles

A grand total of 385.8 miles.

Then the same in reverse.

QUOTE (Boof @ Feb 9 2011, 12:51 PM)
Stage 1
Maywick to Aberdeen

Stage 2
120.64 miles

Stage 3
Stirling to Glasgow
26.4 miles

If you're not in the Queen's New Year's Honours list there is something wrong. That is some going. I spent 7 hours in a plane in 08 heading to the US to see them and I nearly lost my mind.

Enjoy the gig. Might see you for a beer. We need to organise a TRF meetup for Glasgow, there's quite a few of us going.

London to Rotterdam

Nice cool10.gif

Oh and the London 02 show two days before that

BTW could have a spare ticket for the Rotterdam show, i should really start another thread for that shouldn't I?

QUOTE (sanzo @ Feb 8 2011, 12:46 PM)
Instead of driving for huge distances could you not get a train instead? I usually use the train around the Uk when im there but I suppose the US could be different with train lines ect

Public transportation, including trains, in the USA isn't effective and efficient as it is in the UK and Europe.

I have trouble getting efficient and affordable train connections to go the 200-250 miles or so from Harrisburg, PA (the State capitol city) to Philadelphia or New York City or Washington, DC. And, bus services aren't any better.

Unfortunately, car travel or flying is the most effective mode of transportation between cities in the USA. Once in the city (depending on the particular city), buses, metros and sometimes trains are a viable option, though.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 8 2011, 01:00 PM)
Bonus for the Gorge show is that Janie from this forum is sitting 2 rows behind me so I'll get to meet someone from here which will be really nice.

Just saw this. Total bonus about meeting fellow TRF members. I've only met a few. It will be nice to meet more. bekloppt.gif

This show is going to be so kick ass.

I can't wait!! 653.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 9 2011, 02:18 PM)
Stage 1
Maywick to Aberdeen

Stage 2
120.64 miles

Stage 3
Stirling to Glasgow
26.4 miles

If you're not in the Queen's New Year's Honours list there is something wrong. That is some going. I spent 7 hours in a plane in 08 heading to the US to see them and I nearly lost my mind.

Enjoy the gig. Might see you for a beer. We need to organise a TRF meetup for Glasgow, there's quite a few of us going.

laugh.gif

We get used to the ferry biggrin.gif

A TRF meet-up sounds sound though - I'll have my lad with me and will have time to kill pre-gig.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 9 2011, 09:54 AM)

Just saw this. Total bonus about meeting fellow TRF members. I've only met a few. It will be nice to meet more. bekloppt.gif

I can't wait!! 653.gif

I will make it a point to wander over to Alex's side JUST so I can give Janie a hug. wub.gif

QUOTE (SWAN @ Feb 10 2011, 06:32 AM)
First post, First show, Travelling from Sydney to the LA & San Diego shows.

After 30 years of dreaming I may just be a little excited. 653.gif

OH!! That is so awesome! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 10 2011, 05:36 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 9 2011, 09:54 AM)

I can't wait!! 653.gif

I will make it a point to wander over to Alex's side JUST so I can give Janie a hug. wub.gif

LUVINS!

hug2.gif

It's going to be really nice to see you RC. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Feb 5 2011, 04:34 PM)
I'm travelling 17 miles to see them in Sheffield smile.gif

I putting myself out and travelling 3 miles to the same venue !! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 9 2011, 01:18 PM)
Stage 1
Maywick to Aberdeen

Stage 2
120.64 miles

Stage 3
Stirling to Glasgow
26.4 miles

Yup there will be for sure. Quite a few if us going to be in Glasgow. The Walkabout seems best seeing as it's right next to the old Apollo site. I don't mind helping to organise that!

Not travelling too far. About 80 miles to Glasgow and the same back then about the same journey to Newcastle the week after. Staying over for the banter and partying though!

I am going to be travelling to 3 different countries in May for this, I didnt think of saying that earlier that,Its fun travelling to different places to meet up with fellows fans and then to the gig

QUOTE (sanzo @ Feb 11 2011, 11:47 PM)
I am going to be travelling to 3 different countries in May for this, I didnt think of saying that earlier that,Its fun travelling to different places to meet up with fellows fans and then to the gig

Are you not travelling to two countries, as I understand things?

1. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2. The Republic of Ireland.

As you are a subject of the first country, then you can hardly be said to be travelling there, so you are like so travelling to only ond different country to see Rush.

I hopes to gain GCSE Geography this year smile.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 12 2011, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Feb 11 2011, 11:58 PM)

I hopes to gain GCSE Geography this year smile.gif

Can middle-aged men sit GCSEs now? Still, if it keeps you off the streets.....

Like how would I know, Loser.

I may have to like so start working the streets once I lose my EMA...