No Changes To set-list

cajun boy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Feb 2 2011, 10:21 PM)
I was jumping in a lot of the threads telling everyone this would be the case, but I dont think anyone wanted to believe me....they were having too much speculating

I've been a fan of this band too long and I think I know them too well. I get tired of being right, and wish I wasn't this time...but this is SOOOOO Rush. They just dont sway from the norm. They don't change things up. Not their style.

Even when the announcement of a "very special return to Los Angeles" was made, I was thinking to myself there's no way they do anything too unusual and , alas, it's special because of 2 shows.

laugh.gif biggrin.gif

that's the special return to la? these guys are losing me.

To me this is good news. Being from "old blighty" I'm so looking forward to the tour coming over here. I think the setlist is great (even Faithless) and would be gutted if they left out anything from last year. An example was on the Snakes and Arrows tour. Happily they played Entre Nous when then came to the UK, but dropped it the following year for Ghost Of A Chance. Don't get me wrong, I like GOAC but would rather have heard EN. Likewise, I'd be gutted if I missed out on Presto, etc.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 2 2011, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 2 2011, 09:07 PM)
Certainly we wouldn't add any other new stuff because we haven't really developed it yet beyond sort of that first stage of writing and arranging. But we thought it best to keep the show as it is.

So whatever happened to the 'We have 6 songs completely finished...'

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

They said they had finished writing them, not recording, mixing or mastering.

And what exactly does that have to do with being able to perhaps play them??

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 3 2011, 10:36 AM)
another thing i don't get is they know alot of the people that saw the first leg will be attending the second leg also. knowing that, why not change at least a few songs for the many that are forking out money to see them again?

Yeah....and why not drive us all to the gig? And serve us breakfast in bed the next morning? And customize the set list to the individual tastes of every one of the half-million people they'll play to on this leg of the tour.

Sorry single out the above post, because this is really directed to all you "set-list-whiners." But some of you people need to get a grip.

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Feb 3 2011, 11:01 AM)
another thing i don't get is they know alot of the people that saw the first leg will be attending the second leg also.  knowing that, why not change at least a few songs for the many that are forking out money to see them again?

Yeah....and why not drive us all to the gig? And serve us breakfast in bed the next morning? And customize the set list to the individual tastes of every one of the half-million people they'll play to on this leg of the tour.

Sorry single out the above post, because this is really directed to all you "set-list-whiners." But some of you people need to get a grip.

my mistake. a few song changes is too much to ask for. sarcasm.gif also i would much prefer a raiderette serve me breakfast in bed.

another thing i don't get is they know alot of the people that saw the first leg will be attending the second leg also.

Maybe it was because people thought it was a great show and they WANT to see it again. Maybe Rush has managed to brainwash people using Neil's drum solos. Maybe the fabric of reality is beginning to shear away as people start enjoying the same thing more than once!

z7shysterical.gif Seriously dude, get a grip, just because you and a few others didn't like the setlist doesn't mean for account for a majority.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Feb 2 2011, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Feb 2 2011, 05:07 PM)
This isn't that bad and to reiterate the setlist is pretty good
You get...
Time Stand Still-not played since the Counterparts Tour
Presto-never played live
Stick It Out-not played live since Test For Echo Tour
Leave That Thing Alone- last played on VP tour
The Camera Eye!
And many others  trink38.gif

Dont you mean 'all last played on the Time Machine Tour?'

this is still the time machine tour.

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Feb 3 2011, 11:01 AM)
another thing i don't get is they know alot of the people that saw the first leg will be attending the second leg also.  knowing that, why not change at least a few songs for the many that are forking out money to see them again?

When they closed Winterland, Bill Graham provided breakfast for everyone in attendance (and the band only repeated 4 songs from the previous night's show).

I know the band is "set in their ways" in regards to not changing setlists during tours, but if other bands can do it, certainly they can as well.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 3 2011, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Feb 2 2011, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 2 2011, 09:07 PM)
Certainly we wouldn't add any other new stuff because we haven't really developed it yet beyond sort of that first stage of writing and arranging. But we thought it best to keep the show as it is.

So whatever happened to the 'We have 6 songs completely finished...'

confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

They said they had finished writing them, not recording, mixing or mastering.

And what exactly does that have to do with being able to perhaps play them??

Right. If I remember correctly, during the GUP warmup tour they previewed a few songs that had yet to be recorded for that album.

This non-change only affects those who saw a show last year. It seems the goal of this second leg is to visit cities they didn't visit last year, or had not visited in a while (or at all). So, lots of people who missed it last year will get to see the same show everyone else saw.

Just trying to look at the glass as half-full.

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Feb 3 2011, 01:54 PM)
Alex may just be blowing cool10.gif up our moon.gif

He already did that, when he had everyone thinking they were doing Jacobs Ladder

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 3 2011, 03:15 PM)
This non-change only affects those who saw a show last year. It seems the goal of this second leg is to visit cities they didn't visit last year, or had not visited in a while (or at all). So, lots of people who missed it last year will get to see the same show everyone else saw.

yes.gif They skipped Arizona in 2010 for the first time since I've been a fan (GUP), so I'm psyched to see them in my hometown again. trink39.gif

Yes, I did travel last year to see two shows last year (WA and LV), so it would have been cool to see them maybe swap out a couple of songs in 2011. Still, I have no hesitiation about attending again. no.gif

2.gif

Edited by PariahDog

We dont have a problem in Europe as this will be the first Time Machine Tour over here.

But they dont come to these shores that often !

Bring it on !

I could not care less about the set list. I want to see my favorite band play whatever songs they want.

I am really looking forward to this show. I'm into Rush, I think, more than ever... which I didn't think could be possible.

QUOTE (cajun boy @ Feb 2 2011, 01:58 PM)
Alex confirmed in an interview this morning that the 2011 set-list will remain the same...

... We've decided to do exactly the same set that we were doing last year. We talked about changing out some stuff. Certainly we wouldn't add any other new stuff because we haven't really developed it yet beyond sort of that first stage of writing and arranging. But we thought it best to keep the show as it is. ....

cool10.gif      2.gif

What??!!

Oh, man... I wanted them to switch out Stick It Out for Tai Shan! fists crying.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Feb 3 2011, 09:01 AM)

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/vrav2.gif

Thank you.