Amityville Horror remake

Relaxed_Jack

Just read in the USA Today about the remake of Amityville Horror. This time with Ryan Reynolds (Van Wilder) and Melissa George (Alias).

According to the article, the stars are a little younger than the original's James Brolin and Margot Kidder.

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Sep 17 2004, 08:40 AM)
Just read in the USA Today about the remake of Amityville Horror. This time with Ryan Reynolds (Van Wilder) and Melissa George (Alias).

According to the article, the stars are a little younger than the original's James Brolin and Margot Kidder.

Is it just me, or do there seem to be WAY TOO MANY remakes noadays. On TV, there are quite a few of the older tv sitcoms being redone, a whole slew of horror movie remakes in the last year. Before (and still is), it was the curse of the sequal that was hitting us, now the trend is moving to remakes. Is it just me, or does it seem like there is no more creative writing in entertainment anymore?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 17 2004, 12:44 PM)
Is it just me, or do there seem to be WAY TOO MANY remakes noadays. On TV, there are quite a few of the older tv sitcoms being redone, a whole slew of horror movie remakes in the last year. Before (and still is), it was the curse of the sequal that was hitting us, now the trend is moving to remakes. Is it just me, or does it seem like there is no more creative writing in entertainment anymore?

HEAR HEAR! I couldn't agree more! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 17 2004, 11:44 AM)

Hollywood is out of ideas.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 17 2004, 04:44 PM)
I dunno guys, with the technology available today, a new Amityville could be awesome!

Blood coming down the walls done CGI

How about bring Brolin and Kidder back and using CGI on them selling the house. rofl3.gif

Yes there doin alotta remakes of movies AND SONGS .

i duno if i like that they do remakes of songs...its good cuz the younger gen get a taste of the "good ol days" tunes but more up to date but its bad cuz they think its all new an give the remakeR the credit and even sometimes butcher the song from its original song

and for the movies..i mean why remake it? why not just RErelease it

i guess they want younger an better lookin actors for the times

but for me I LOVE old flicks and LOVE those corny old monster movies

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 23 2004, 05:47 PM)

Yes there doin alotta remakes of movies AND SONGS .

i duno if i like that they do remakes of songs...its good cuz the younger gen get a taste of the "good ol days" tunes but more up to date but its bad cuz they think its all new an give the remakeR the credit and even sometimes butcher the song from its original song

and for the movies..i mean why remake it? why not just RErelease it

i guess they want younger an better lookin actors for the times

but for me I LOVE old flicks and LOVE those corny old monster movies

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Today's words of wisdom -

If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

that house is about a 1/2 hour or so from me , ill have to get indy to do a drive by with me so we can take some pics..i remember when the 1st movie came out..we were all like "OMG we have a house like that right here by us??!" made alotta stories come outta that movie..from this day i still duno if any of its true or not,

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 5 2004, 06:16 PM)
Well, my Victorian two-story has been referred to as The Amityville House. Interesting, no? no.gif

hmmm Very interesting...But! Do your walls bleed and Does your house whisper to you to "get out"

firedevil.gif