THOSE F*****G TICKET BROKERS !!!!

got rush?

My wife and I got to see 2 shows last year- NYS Fair & The Woodlands, TX. We are also going to Chicago in April 2011. Last year was pretty

easy geting good seats, as long as you bought pre-sale or soon after!

This year is another story. If you don't buy on PRE-SALE DAYS, your

chances of getting good seats are SLIM TO NONE & SLIM LEFT TOWN.The Ticket Broker Business is BOOM TOWN! These past two years have

been Everything Rush. YES IT IS ABOUT TIME!! BUT, when the average

RUSH fan can only get pretty good seats through STUB-HUB & about 25

other brokers online, it sucks. This should be regulated even somewhat. All these call centers with 100s of people just BUYING, BUYING, BUYING then SELLING for 2, 3, 4 times what they paid is not fair. I KNOW "WHAT IS FAIR". We need to go back to the standing in line 18 hours, 2 days if that's what it takes. Yes the web is convenient,

BUT, give all of us a fair chance. I'm certain if Geddy, Lifeson and The Professor could fix this they WOULD DO IT.

GOOD LUCK TICKET HUNTING. YOU WILL NEED IT!!

Sincerely, fans from Baton Rouge, LA GEAUX TIGERS !!!

This is a sore subject with me. My husband and I tried to see N.O. show.

We called a week after tix went on sell and they only had nose bleed at

rear of arena. Only the worst seats. So we are going to Austin!!

ROAD TRIP !!

I was at the EFFING BOX OFFICE WHEN THE EFFING SEATS WENT ON SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. I got so-so seats and I said to lady, "Is that the best you have?" It wasn't her fault, but man, I bitched a bit. What about the fan who loves the band and shows up in the cold and waits to get a good seat and is disappointed? I don't think it is the band's fault, but I will never go to the venue again. It will be online for me from now on, but it still sucks feces. angry.gif Edited by drbirdsong

No, it's not the band's fault at all. I agree that there needs to be some sort of regulation on this, but what I have no idea. Make it illegal? I think that would be nearly impossible. Price control? Sorry, but someone somewhere is going to pay $1500 + a ticket for front row seats...the prices are only what the market will bare. That being said, I have used brokers in the past and have gotten decent seats for reasonable prices. But, for the most part, they are outrageous!

I hate brokers, but until someone with some sort of power decides to put their foot down, I am afraid they are here for now. sad.gif

the only way to combat ticket brokers is to have paperless tickets. You purchase tickets as usual but on the day of the show you HAVE TO USE THE CREDIT CARD USED FOR THE PURCHASE to print the ticket at the venue. Only problem is if you are unable to attend the show you are SOL. Will call tickets also help. I know alot of artist are utilizing this for premium tickets. BTW I purchased the VIP package for nashville and they are will call only. Edited by glennb2112

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 1 2011, 03:15 AM)
No, it's not the band's fault at all. I agree that there needs to be some sort of regulation on this, but what I have no idea. Make it illegal? I think that would be nearly impossible. Price control? Sorry, but someone somewhere is going to pay $1500 + a ticket for front row seats...the prices are only what the market will bare. That being said, I have used brokers in the past and have gotten decent seats for reasonable prices. But, for the most part, they are outrageous!

I hate brokers, but until someone with some sort of power decides to put their foot down, I am afraid they are here for now. sad.gif

How many times must it be said?

Will call pickup. CC used to purchase with matching State ID or DL.

Done. Elimination. Kaput.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 1 2011, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Feb 1 2011, 03:15 AM)
No, it's not the band's fault at all.  I agree that there needs to be some sort of regulation on this, but what I have no idea.  Make it illegal?  I think that would be nearly impossible.  Price control?  Sorry, but someone somewhere is going to pay $1500 + a ticket for front row seats...the prices are only what the market will bare.  That being said, I have used brokers in the past and have gotten decent seats for reasonable prices.  But, for the most part, they are outrageous!

I hate brokers, but until someone with some sort of power decides to put their foot down, I am afraid they are here for now.  sad.gif

Nope. That won't work. There are too many what ifs, such as:

What if you buy tickets for someone as a gift?

What if you buy tickets for a large group and you arrive late or not at all? Nobody can get in until you arrive.

What if you buy tickets and can't go and sell them to a friend?

I don't like it either but there really is no solution to this problem. No matter what system the online ticket sites put in place to keep out brokers they will find a way around it.

AC/DC did this exact thing on their Black Ice World Tour, and it seemed to work perfectly. I don't understand why more artists don't go this route. It probably has to do with band management and recording labels having agreements with certain venues.

And for those of you who don't have any luck at the start of Ticketmaster sales, here's a little trick. It's a well-known fact that Ticketmaster doesn't open the best seats right from the start. They simply aren't available to purchase when the tickets go on sale, whether you are hitting refresh at 10:00 on the dot or not.

They essentially sell from the back of the venue first, and it makes people who log on right at the start think that these are the only seats available.

Keep checking Ticketmaster daily in the months and weeks leading up to the actual show date, and miraculously the better seats open up. On two different occasions I pulled actual front row tickets for shows about three weeks before the show on Ticketmaster - not a broker. Regular Ticketmaster.

I know it's sometimes hard to wait that long to buy tickets, and you're weighing whether or not you'll find anything better than what you can currently get, etc., but it definitely pays off to wait until Ticketmaster opens their good seats. That also happens when the band returns the seats they have set aside for guest lists to the venue.

Good luck!

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Feb 1 2011, 12:08 PM)
Nope.  That won't work.  There are too many what ifs, such as:

What if you buy tickets for a large group and you arrive late or not at all?  Nobody can get in until you arrive.

I don't like it either but there really is no solution to this problem.  No matter what system the online ticket sites put in place to keep out brokers they will find a way around it.

It doesn't apply to ever seat in the building - just prime seats. As in the first 10 rows of the floor or something. After all, who goes to a broker site to buy seats in section 237? If you purchase tickets that have this stipulation, you simply make the appropriate arrangements. Have everyone in your group go in at the same time. That sort of thing. Just follow those rules. You can't want a system like this that regulates broker re-sales and then complain about the rules put in place.

And there are ways to transfer the information if you do sell the ticket to a friend or give it as a gift. It involves both parties consenting to certain things, etc., that you wouldn't be able to get if you were a broker trying to cheat the system.

QUOTE (southpaw2k5 @ Feb 1 2011, 12:15 PM)

AC/DC did this exact thing on their Black Ice World Tour, and it seemed to work perfectly. I don't understand why more artists don't go this route. It probably has to do with band management and recording labels having agreements with certain venues.

And for those of you who don't have any luck at the start of Ticketmaster sales, here's a little trick. It's a well-known fact that Ticketmaster doesn't open the best seats right from the start. They simply aren't available to purchase when the tickets go on sale, whether you are hitting refresh at 10:00 on the dot or not.

They essentially sell from the back of the venue first, and it makes people who log on right at the start think that these are the only seats available.

Keep checking Ticketmaster daily in the months and weeks leading up to the actual show date, and miraculously the better seats open up. On two different occasions I pulled actual front row tickets for shows about three weeks before the show on Ticketmaster - not a broker. Regular Ticketmaster.

I know it's sometimes hard to wait that long to buy tickets, and you're weighing whether or not you'll find anything better than what you can currently get, etc., but it definitely pays off to wait until Ticketmaster opens their good seats. That also happens when the band returns the seats they have set aside for guest lists to the venue.

Good luck!

yes.gif

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Feb 1 2011, 12:08 PM)
Go against conventional rules and tell them that will be their gift ahead of time. It would still be a gift, right? Give them the $$$ for it, and have them use their card.
What if you buy tickets for a large group and you arrive late or not at all? Nobody can get in until you arrive.
I would suggest that you plan a lot better for your arrival if you have a big group of people
If you buy the tickets, I can only assume you would go. Sometimes shit happens. Will call can also be transferred to someone else by the ticket purchaser in most cases

try harder... The question is how to eliminate scalpers, not micro problems an individual ticket holder being a tiny fraction of a percentage might have.