Jackie Chan Films

Mr. Not

I heard that The Foreigner wasn't very good. It's too serious and Jackie gets sidelined by the other actors. I don't even think he does any martial arts in that film. It's like a waste of his talent. It's like me posting at TRF when I could be making art or working on my novel.

I did enjoy Drunken Master, Shanghai Knights, Shanghai Noon and Rumble in the Bronx.

Jackie Chan is awesome, even when he isn't!

His pimply teenage movies are hit and miss, but usually entertaining. Anything with "Shaolin" in the title is pretty good.

(ie: Shaolin Wooden Men, Snake & Crane Arts of Shaolin)

The Young Master, and 36 Crazy Fists are worth checking out if you're a fan.

The main problem with the older movies is that they've been repackaged and renamed a few times, so it's tough to keep track.

As well as martial-arts, I think Jackie excels as the "likable good guy trying to do the right thing under intense/insane circumstances". There can be some terrific tension and conflict in those roles, although they're usually resolved by having to kick some serious ass!

His movies have a fairly light touch peppered with comedic moments, which I enjoy; as opposed to S Seagal's pointless profanity and extreme violence - and baaaaaaad acting!

Long live Jackie Chan!

http://cdn1-a.production.images.static6.com/1i85rC7vVJzQKiSNEjjsIXtZ5Bo=/640x355/smart/filters:quality(75):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/liputan6-media-production/medias/877405/original/80be7ab0a801f735bad1e17a91cfcedb-med.jpg

http://www.ethiosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Jackie-Chan.jpg