Rush License Plate

L. Wince

Okay. I need help. SC DMV plates allow for only 7 digits or letters. The space in the middle counts as digit or letter. Like this.

(XXX XXX). Three (3) (Space) Three (3). I am looking for advice. I have the form and get three chances at the plate I want. They want me to enter 3 differing plates with no guarantee I get the first choice. So all three must be good enough to wear.

Okay. I need help. SC DMV plates allow for only 7 digits or letters. The space in the middle counts as digit or letter. Like this.

(XXX XXX). Three (3) (Space) Three (3). I am looking for advice. I have the form and get three chances at the plate I want. They want me to enter 3 differing plates with no guarantee I get the first choice. So all three must be good enough to wear.

No advice other than to choose wisely, young lad. :) The DMV are sticklers about these personal plates. They wouldn't accept my username "SkinBag" even though it is from the title of an ancient Buddhist poem (The Song of the Skin Bag). The nerve! LOL

• Like 1

I must now go to the SC. DMV website, as I too require a Rush plate for my truck. Wish me luck.

John, what is the fee to have a custom plate here in SC, and is it a one time fee, and then you just pay for the "year sticker" or do you have to pay that plate fee every year. Let me know.

OK, I looked at the application, and I don't see where it is mandatory to use the xxx xxx format. It says you have seven characters, BUT ANY SPACE counts as a letter. It didn't say you had to put a space in the middle.

If so, this means that you choices are unlimited. That means "Bravado," "Xanadu," "ThePass," "BU2B," and even "TaiShan :laughing guy: " are good choices.

• Like 1

I must now go to the SC. DMV website, as I too require a Rush plate for my truck. Wish me luck.

John, what is the fee to have a custom plate here in SC, and is it a one time fee, and then you just pay for the "year sticker" or do you have to pay that plate fee every year. Let me know.

Rooster. Here is the form. http://www.scdmvonli...forms/mv-96.pdf $30.00

The instructions are on it. The DMV website has no other instructions regarding both of our questions. It has little to say about personalized plates other than the the price.

I will call today and get the low down on everything we should need.

I will post that info right here for you later today.

The funny thing is, they give you no way to know if the three plates you pick are even taken or available? Silly.

I guess they send it back to you to try three more times? Stupid if you ask me.

You should be able to see if your plate is available online!

Ever wonder why SC gets such a bad rap? I don't wonder, I see why.

Edit/Update............You can use 7 characters. It looks like the space is optional. I still need to make this call for details.

Edited by John V

Okay Rooster,

7 letters or numbers with an (&) symbol the only symbol allowed. Empty spaces count towards the total 7.

$30.00 two year plate. Must be renewed every 2 years.

3 tries for what you want. If not successful, they return the check and the form. You can try as many times as you like. There is no way to check availability. You must send them the money and the form for you to find out.

Good luck.

In B.C. you're allowed 6 characters and a space. And you have to include the meaning of the slogan you're putting on the plate. When you first purchase a custom plate it's $100 + a $40 renewal fee every year.

www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/Specialty-plates/personalized-ham.pdf

Edited by billybobjoe1881

I now need to come up with a good "Rush" vanity plate.

Heres three I am considering. If they are available that is.

1) RUSHFAN

2) RUSHR30

3) RUSHS&A

I thought of using songs too. But then only people like you and I would recognize it. I want the world to recognize the plate.

Besides, I like all three of mine better than you're three.

I knew there was a topic about this, finally found it.

My 16 year old inherited my Nissan Murano with the tag RUSHFN. I thought I had a picture but I can't find it.

So I got a new car and tag. I know, only the three Rush fans in Alabama might recognize it, but that's okay. I like it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/85cc145a-a385-47ca-bfa6-fa2d549ac910_zps4ae89dd1.jpg

• Like 3

Don't have a pic handy of it but I have retired my LAMNETH plate. I now have 21I2. One of the 1s is the letter I. 2112 was already taken, as was the version with both 1's being letter (I)s

I knew there was a topic about this, finally found it.

My 16 year old inherited my Nissan Murano with the tag RUSHFN. I thought I had a picture but I can't find it.

So I got a new car and tag. I know, only the three Rush fans in Alabama might recognize it, but that's okay. I like it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-05/85cc145a-a385-47ca-bfa6-fa2d549ac910_zps4ae89dd1.jpg

I met a very pretty young lady at the show in Alpharetta, whose favorite song was "Far Cry." She had gotten her husband the tickets for his birthday!

I guess this belongs here. A few Fridays ago I saw a black car on Route 78 West at the 287 intersection with 2112 TAZ on his PA plates.

Someone here perhaps?

First time I ever saw Rush plates that wasn't in close proximity to a Rush show.

• Like 1

I just moved to PA which doesn't require a front license plate and I was thinking of getting something made with a Rush reference. Anyone know where you can get a plate done other than something official? Just a decorative plate?

I just moved to PA which doesn't require a front license plate and I was thinking of getting something made with a Rush reference. Anyone know where you can get a plate done other than something official? Just a decorative plate?

^^^ and no, that wasn't me. :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

I just saw this thread. I suppose my profile photo belongs here ;)

I just wish I had a photo of the plate from my first car back in 1981 that read RUSH X1.

Not my license plate but my rear window.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/CIMG3458_zps6658c9de.jpg

• Like 1

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/jbugboogie/bfd1faa8-1_zps223e640e.jpg
  • Like 2