Madison Square Garden sold out???

h2112h

No. It is not Sold Out.

According to peeps at Counterparts. Ticketmaster want you to think it's sold out so you can buy tickets through their licensed scalper division before releasing more tickets.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jan 28 2011, 07:00 PM)
No. It is not Sold Out.

According to peeps at Counterparts. Ticketmaster want you to think it's sold out so you can buy tickets through their licensed scalper division before releasing more tickets.

Exactly. PS- the scalper prices for this show are completely insane and unwarranted.

QUOTE (tripdad @ Jan 29 2011, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jan 28 2011, 03:28 PM)
Yes the MSG show is sold out

What with your signature video clip?

It's from an episode of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

Check back as the show gets closer, tickets will pop up . yes.gif

It's sold out. I have a friend who works there. He said best bet is to check back day of/day before once the true stage dimensions are set as they usually add a few rows here and there. They also get back any promotional seats that may have gone out to PR reps, sponsors and radio stations.

Online scalpers want $150 - $2,000 per seat. Total farce. I bought a ticket for the Hemispheres tour in 1979 at the show from someone. I got in for $10. Prices have gotten so out of hand. Something is very wrong out there! Edited by Relayer

QUOTE (Relayer @ Apr 5 2011, 03:41 PM)
Online scalpers want $150 - $2,000 per seat. Total farce. I bought a ticket for the Hemispheres tour in 1979 at the show from someone. I got in for $10. Prices have gotten so out of hand. Something is very wrong out there!

I hear you, man. I don't expect to get tickets for $15 bucks anymore, but going to see a concert should not be something you need to sit down at the family table and discuss as a budgetary matter either. Concerts should not be in the same financial discussions as fixing the car, or affording a vacation, etc. It should have never gotten there.

QUOTE (Relayer @ Apr 5 2011, 02:41 PM)
Online scalpers want $150 - $2,000 per seat. Total farce. I bought a ticket for the Hemispheres tour in 1979 at the show from someone. I got in for $10. Prices have gotten so out of hand. Something is very wrong out there!

Nothing is wrong. Ticket prices are high because artists don't sell records anymore. Of course, there is also the principal of market value...

Dude, seriously....1979? I'm 41 and I think you're a little out of touch. Ticket prices, once you eliminate f##$ing fees are actually below the rate of inflation over the last 30 years.

It's the fees, BABY!!!

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Apr 8 2011, 09:16 PM)
Online scalpers want $150 - $2,000 per seat.  Total farce.  I bought a ticket for the Hemispheres tour in 1979 at the show from someone.  I got in for $10.  Prices have gotten so out of hand.  Something is very wrong out there!

Dude, seriously....1979? I'm 41 and I think you're a little out of touch. Ticket prices, once you eliminate f##$ing fees are actually below the rate of inflation over the last 30 years.

It's the fees, BABY!!!

Not to mention their popularity has increased drastically since then. 10$ today gets you entry to someone's crappy cover band's concert.

MSG will be my third show...and the demand for this ticket iss so high....i wouldnt bet on any decent ticket being released because the rich in NYC will pay those prices....and in threee attemps for good seats..there wasnt anything good the last few days up to he show...i settled on the last 100's ticket at face value a day after on sale..and that was $200....center ice eh.gif ...good luck

QUOTE (imnotthere @ Apr 9 2011, 12:25 AM)
I'm hoping by tomorrow Craigslist and Stubhub prices start to go down. Haven't been able to get anyone to come down less than $150. It's breaking my heart.

the printed ticket price for any decent seat was $176 dollars.....check ebay..good luck

Edited by Axeshredder

its madison square garden...theres alot of people around that place....heres 1 seat..if your lucky

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Ticket-Rush-4-10-11-...=item19c48ea85a

you could take your chances trying to scalp but ive been to quite a few shows there and many are asking for tickets..not selling when big acts come around

Edited by Axeshredder

QUOTE (h2112h @ Jan 28 2011, 03:08 PM)
Trying to avoid stubhub, etc and see that there isn't a seat available through Live Nation/Tickermaster. Is it possible the show is sold out at regular prices?

sold out for now but they always release a few more tickets right before the show. I checked for hershey the day before the show and nothing. then checked again yesterday...and presto... there were some more.

for previous tours i found 7th row floor seats at msg day of show. that dosent seem to be happening this tour (can RUSH actually be getting popular within the masses?), but seats will likely pop up. for hershey i found first tier day of show.

happy hunting and good luck. keep checking and you will likely find something