Do you wear shorts in the winter?

Steel Rat

It's negative 30 degrees (F) outside. Do you wear shorts or pants for the day?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. It's negative 30 degrees (F) outside. Do you wear shorts or pants for the day?

• Shorts
    • Pants
    • Doesn't Matter

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 27 2011, 01:04 AM)
Do people's knees really get cold? Doesn't seem like a vital area to keep warm. I mean, wearing stiff pants all day when you're only going to actually be in the cold for 10 minutes at the most?

People will come to their senses eventually. smile.gif

Wait until you are old and banged up with creaky arthritic knees - you'll want to keep them warm then. (Crossing fingers because right now I have lovely undamaged knees. I know a few people with knee issues though, and they definitely do not like the cold).

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 27 2011, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 27 2011, 01:04 AM)
Do people's knees really get cold? Doesn't seem like a vital area to keep warm. I mean, wearing stiff pants all day when you're only going to actually be in the cold for 10 minutes at the most?

People will come to their senses eventually. smile.gif

Wait until you are old and banged up with creaky arthritic knees - you'll want to keep them warm then. (Crossing fingers because right now I have lovely undamaged knees. I know a few people with knee issues though, and they definitely do not like the cold).

I don't like the cold full stop *brrrr*

When I was younger I wore shorts as often as possible. For some reason, as I get older, my aversion to being cold has risen. I wear shorts now from May to September.

nope, i barely even wear shorts in warm weather. I do see alot of people who wear shorts all year round (even in teens or single-digit temperatures) and i simply don't get it.

i have, however, been known to wear flip flops in all sorts of temperatures, though if its below 40-ish it gets uncomfortable.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 30 2011, 08:48 PM)
does anyone else sleep naked in the winter? I just can't sleep with clothes on...

no.gif winter here is 50's/30's and i HATE getting out of bed to a freaking cold house. angry.gif

-30??? yer out of yer freakin mind! i would NEVER live there.

but ye, shorts in the winter. no problem cool.gif

we've had a very nice winter so far...

no problem. trink38.gif

Archived