Music Today tickets

GernTheFish

I bought a couple tickets to the Greensboro show from Music Today for the 1st time. Don't really like not receiving my tickets right when I purchase them. Why do they do this? Any bad experiences out there? Should I be worried or are they pretty good about mailing tickets without me having to call their Support line in a panic 72 hours before show time?

LOL this thread always props up with MT.

DO NOT WORRY.

I have done 5 pre-sales with them and always got my tickets at least 2 weeks (most of the time a month) before the show.

You will get them no doubt. I actually spend the extra 15 bucks for the FEDEX vs the snail mail.

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jan 25 2011, 01:17 PM)
I bought a couple tickets to the Greensboro show from Music Today for the 1st time. Don't really like not receiving my tickets right when I purchase them. Why do they do this? Any bad experiences out there? Should I be worried or are they pretty good about mailing tickets without me having to call their Support line in a panic 72 hours before show time?

I had one bad experience with Music Today pre-sale tickets but it was the fault of UPS that I didn't get my tickets. Luckily, tickets were sent by UPS Second Day Air so were due on a very specific date. I was able to track them and make a claim immediately when I realized that they had not arrived as scheduled. The stress came because nobody re-prints tickets that have been mailed, as far as I know. Lost or stolen tickets get canceled and replacements are held at will-call for day of show pick up. That all worked out, tickets were at the box office and we enjoyed the show without incident.

Don't worry, you'll get your tickets in plenty of time...

Rock on!

Good to know... I would have started panicking about a month from now ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jan 26 2011, 08:46 AM)
Thanks for the replies. I just don't like the fact that MT has my money and will send tickets whenever they feel like sending them. Those bastards! Oh geez, I'm starting to get nervous again. scared.gif

If you feel nervours, just send them your concerns/questions (the email is at the bottom of your reveipt). Maybe if enought people freak out on them, they'll send their tickets our early biggrin.gif

Ok, no tickets yet, so I called the bastards at MT. They said they plan to mail out FedEx tickets around 3/18 for the 4/1 show. So I SHOULD get them by 3/21. I feel better, but I won't be completely satisfied until I can physically hold my tickets.

Will they actually get here??? confused13.gif

Will I be on the phone with MT the day before the show??? scared.gif

Will I have a nervous breakdown????? fists crying.gif

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Mar 8 2011, 05:35 PM)
Ok, no tickets yet, so I called the bastards at MT. They said they plan to mail out FedEx tickets around 3/18 for the 4/1 show. So I SHOULD get them by 3/21. I feel better, but I won't be completely satisfied until I can physically hold my tickets.

Will they actually get here??? confused13.gif

Will I be on the phone with MT the day before the show??? scared.gif

Will I have a nervous breakdown????? fists crying.gif

Try not to panic, they always arrive on time...

...I've used MT for the last two tours.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Jan 25 2011, 07:53 PM)
Funny you posted this, I got an email from them yesterday saying that you normally get them 2 weeks before the event.

I've emailed them before and at this point wonder WTF the reason is for holding them until the last minute?!?!

Just MAIL the tickets and be done with it already popcorn.gif

Last times I've used MT I got my tickets about a month before the shows, maybe 3 weeks...but yeah if I had a problem like ...gotta be at Madison Square Garden TOMORROW and still not having the tickets, I'd be super super pissed and I'd flip a shit at them.

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Mar 8 2011, 06:47 PM)
Funny you posted this, I got an email from them yesterday saying that you normally get them 2 weeks before the event.

I've emailed them before and at this point wonder WTF the reason is for holding them until the last minute?!?!

It's to give scalpers the least amount of time possible to sell the tickets without overly pissing off actual concert-goers. Face it: no one will buy something from a scalper when all they have is a proof of purchase.

QUOTE (Glee @ Mar 8 2011, 05:53 PM)
Do they send a confirmation email with the FedEx tracking number?

I paid the extra $ for FedEx, but did not receive a tracking confirmation number.

I got an email with a receipt # when I originally purchased the tickets. When I called a few days ago, they said they would send me another email when they send the tickets via snail mail. I'm assuming this will have the fedex tracking info.

Makes sense what usb_connector said about trying to avoid scalpers. Hey, maybe the folks at MT have some sense after all.

Finally received an e-mail this morning that my tickets have been printed and are being shipped...whew!!!! Been on edge for quite awhile, opening night is fast approaching. Feel the RUSH!!!!!

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 8 2011, 08:29 PM)

It's to give scalpers the least amount of time possible to sell the tickets without overly pissing off actual concert-goers. Face it: no one will buy something from a scalper when all they have is a proof of purchase.

Pish... They just collected interest off of all of that money for three months before they were going to spend one feckin' cent on the printing of your tickets that you bought. I sure love buying stuff and having the check cashed by the merchant and then waiting weeks for my purchase!

Scalpers...pfffft. Like they give an eff about that!! They care about if your credit card transaction went through and nothing more.

It's a cute pie-in-the-sky notion you have there though.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 9 2011, 01:02 PM)

Pish... They just collected interest off of all of that money for three months before they were going to spend one feckin' cent on the printing of your tickets that you bought. I sure love buying stuff and having the check cashed by the merchant and then waiting weeks for my purchase!

Scalpers...pfffft. Like they give an eff about that!! They care about if your credit card transaction went through and nothing more.

IMO common sense would ditctate that when buying from scalpers you either use eBay (and make sure they'll be sending you the ticket after you pay) or in cash, in person money for tickets on the spot. Of there are people stupid enough to pay a scalper with a credit card (or with any form of payment at all) when they don't even have the ticket, then the scalpers deserve the money.

QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Mar 9 2011, 05:31 PM)
Just received my email also ! Tickets in the mail !

Which concert date are you attending? I'd like to know to get an estimate as to how long I'll be waiting in comparisson.

Edited by usb_connector

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 9 2011, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 9 2011, 01:02 PM)

IMO common sense would ditctate that when buying from scalpers you either use eBay (and make sure they'll be sending you the ticket after you pay) or in cash, in person money for tickets on the spot. Of there are people stupid enough to pay a scalper with a credit card (or with any form of payment at all) when they don't even have the ticket, then the scalpers deserve the money.

Point was:

Live Nation does not give one blue f*ck about the preservation of the fans with their ticketing practices...You or me.

Check clears; we got our money; End of.

The idea that that the 'protection' of the 'real fans' is the reason is why they send out tickets later is ridiculous.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 9 2011, 08:44 PM)

Which concert date are you attending? I'd like to know to get an estimate as to how long I'll be waiting in comparisson.

Bank Atlantic Sunrise, FL

QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Mar 10 2011, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 9 2011, 08:44 PM)

Bank Atlantic Sunrise, FL

Opening night, so that means they send them about 3 weeks beforehand. At least they're accurate when they say things.

Jeez people, stop worrying your tickets will soon be printed and in the mail. My tickets for April 6 Toledo are on the way per musictoday e-mail. Its just the a-hole scalpers that are sweating it out since these are fan club tickets in theory...though we all know the majority of these tickets go to ticket resellers out there to make a buck on the "real" fans. Please do not support scalpers. Rock on! 2.gif