Time for Alex & Geddy to "assume control"

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 29 2011, 03:59 PM)
Trust me, you are not nearly as intelligent as you think you are, and your posts remind me of an averagely bright 14 year old who has just joined his schools debating society.

I think we've discovered his true identity! Don't piss him off, he might go off the deep end and go shoot up his school mates who don't recognize his "superior intelligence"

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 29 2011, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 29 2011, 01:35 PM)
BTW, I just had a cheeseburger with bacon.  I know that's a bit OT, but I'm just sayin'.  It was delicious. yes.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/Ni5izETPwka3hf7eaB7K5hTwo1_500.jpg

For the record, that is not a picture of the bacon cheeseburger that I ate, just one I found on the internet, and it is included solely as a visual aid to go along with my story.

Aside from Mara's last post directed at slappa, this is the best post in this whole thread. That looks really tasty. yes.gif

I absolutely agree...Though I did enjoy Mara's post as well-no offense to Slappa_da_bass...I guess he is entitled to his opinion or perception...

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 29 2011, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 29 2011, 02:14 PM)
Gush... slobber.... are you just telling me the genesis of the name rushgoober?

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I barely have any posts in this thread, but I cannot sit on my hands any longer.

slappa da bass, you're an ass. An intelligent ass, I'll grant you that, but an ass nonetheless. You seem to enjoy making everything about you and your superior attitude. It brings nothing to this forum. If your presence here is indicative of your personality, then I feel sorry for people who must endure you in undiluted real-life form.

I do not think I have ever made a post like this, either here or on the one other forum I visit. But the logical and editorial gymnastics you employ in your efforts to show how smart and how RIGHT you are finally torqued me enough to make this post.

Mara, well said.

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 29 2011, 12:45 PM)
In short, I'm only a jerk to people who are wilfully ignorant because, frankly, they need their lives and thoughts shaken up at every possible opportunity to help get them out of their ignorant funk and back on the right track. They are wasting the mental capacity that they were fortunate enough to be born with. And no, I don't mean believing in god or not; I mean mindless insults, posting of internet meme pictures without any kind of argument, and simple parroting of aforementioned posts.

http://www.auburntron.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/umad.jpg

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&s...2c97aa196a61cd9

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jan 29 2011, 09:14 PM)
Simple quote that carries so much truth. Fundamentalism in either direction requires the same mindset. The people who think they know it all hold the most ignorance.

My cup of ignorance runneth over. smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 29 2011, 01:35 PM)
BTW, I just had a cheeseburger with bacon. I know that's a bit OT, but I'm just sayin'. It was delicious. yes.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/Ni5izETPwka3hf7eaB7K5hTwo1_500.jpg

For the record, that is not a picture of the bacon cheeseburger that I ate, just one I found on the internet, and it is included solely as a visual aid to go along with my story.

is that an actual picture of the burger you had? that's a fine looking burger with what looks to be thick sliced bacon which i'm a big fan of and it looks very plump and juicy. yes.gif i'll take one but hold the fries please.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 29 2011, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 25 2011, 10:32 AM)
I strongly believe Rush needs to reconfigure their system of producing songs in terms of musical style and lyrical content. Enough has been said about the current, long-term tangent they've been on in both respects. I can't see the group deviating to any significant degree from this path they're on.  What concerns me here is- and this is common knowledge of course- as we age as humans, we become less and less inclined to change our established ways and more inclined to stay in the comfort zone of familiarity. Is this where Rush has arrived and are taking root?

What are your opinions in this regard to Rush?

I think Rush's best days are behind them. Vapor Trails was one shining moment in a sequence of bad albums. Of course, Goober disagrees with me about Vapor Trails and that's OK.

why are they not playing a song like earthshine? confused13.gif

Wow, this thread has a little something for everyone:

- Truly epic pissing contests

- Neil is a douchebag

- Neil is the dictator of Rush, and Alex and Geddy are his toadies

- Atheists versus Christians

- Why can't Rush just write songs that conform to my personal beliefs?

- Caravan and BU2B both suck

- CA will suck

- S&A sucks

- VT sucks

Did I miss anything? tongue.gif

If we can just add in some bitching about ticket prices and setlists, this could be the perfect thread. eh.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jan 29 2011, 04:50 PM)

- Neil is a douchebag
- CA will suck
- S&A sucks
- VT sucks

If we can just add in some bitching about ticket prices and setlists, this could be the perfect thread. eh.gif

see my suggestions(bitching) for alterations to the setlist in the time machine tour section. wink.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jan 29 2011, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jan 29 2011, 04:50 PM)

- Neil is a douchebag
- CA will suck
- S&A sucks
- VT sucks

see my suggestions(bitching) for alterations to the setlist in the time machine tour section. wink.gif

I wouldn't count suggestions or wish lists as bitching.

For me, bitching is "this setlist (or ticket price) sucks so badly that I'm boycotting this tour, even though Rush'll probably be retired in five years!!!" angry.gif Oh, wait... tongue.gif

Archived