Time for Alex & Geddy to "assume control"

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 29 2011, 04:12 AM)
QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jan 28 2011, 11:39 PM)
Goob, by "people" I assume you mean some people. Cause there are certainly "people" that DO want to hear music on this theme.

No, I don't mean that at all. I was meaning some people don't want to hear that this recent lyrical slant is now a prevalent theme, and they keep stating over and over it's only 2 or 3 songs out of 156, like it's something random. All I'm stating is that it's become a recent theme that he seems kind of obsessed with since it was on the last album and then the single that followed it. I understand fully that some people love these songs and the themes they express.

>no, definitely not "some people"

>yes, definitely "some people"

Oh good, glad you cleared that up.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I just had a cheeseburger with bacon. I know that's a bit OT, but I'm just sayin'. It was delicious. yes.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/Ni5izETPwka3hf7eaB7K5hTwo1_500.jpg

For the record, that is not a picture of the bacon cheeseburger that I ate, just one I found on the internet, and it is included solely as a visual aid to go along with my story.

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 29 2011, 02:14 PM)
Gush... slobber.... are you just telling me the genesis of the name rushgoober?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I barely have any posts in this thread, but I cannot sit on my hands any longer.

slappa da bass, you're an ass. An intelligent ass, I'll grant you that, but an ass nonetheless. You seem to enjoy making everything about you and your superior attitude. It brings nothing to this forum. If your presence here is indicative of your personality, then I feel sorry for people who must endure you in undiluted real-life form.

I do not think I have ever made a post like this, either here or on the one other forum I visit. But the logical and editorial gymnastics you employ in your efforts to show how smart and how RIGHT you are finally torqued me enough to make this post.

I'm impressed with the amount of time and energy slappa and others have on their hands to dedicate to arguing about... i've lost track, what is the argument about???... scratch that... wacko.gif

I'm impressed with the amount of time and energy slappa and others have on their hands to dedicate to what has become nothing more than a pissing contest and much ado about nothing unsure.gif

QUOTE (summer_sky @ Jan 29 2011, 12:00 PM)
I'm impressed with the amount of time and energy slappa and others have on their hands to dedicate to arguing about... i've lost track, what is the argument about???... scratch that... wacko.gif

I'm impressed with the amount of time and energy slappa and others have on their hands to dedicate to what has become nothing more than a pissing contest and much ado about nothing  unsure.gif

goodpost.gif

I apologize for my part in said activities, which is why I'm bowing out of that part of the conversation, and will do my best to stick to the topic henceforth. trink39.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 25 2011, 10:32 AM)
I strongly believe Rush needs to reconfigure their system of producing songs in terms of musical style and lyrical content. Enough has been said about the current, long-term tangent they've been on in both respects. I can't see the group deviating to any significant degree from this path they're on. What concerns me here is- and this is common knowledge of course- as we age as humans, we become less and less inclined to change our established ways and more inclined to stay in the comfort zone of familiarity. Is this where Rush has arrived and are taking root?

What are your opinions in this regard to Rush?

I think Rush's best days are behind them. Vapor Trails was one shining moment in a sequence of bad albums. Of course, Goober disagrees with me about Vapor Trails and that's OK.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 29 2011, 01:35 PM)
BTW, I just had a cheeseburger with bacon. I know that's a bit OT, but I'm just sayin'. It was delicious. yes.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/Ni5izETPwka3hf7eaB7K5hTwo1_500.jpg

For the record, that is not a picture of the bacon cheeseburger that I ate, just one I found on the internet, and it is included solely as a visual aid to go along with my story.

Aside from Mara's last post directed at slappa, this is the best post in this whole thread. That looks really tasty. yes.gif

Archived