Rush ringtones

Snow-Dog2112

Not a good idea. Any website that gives you something for "free" will install spyware. Just an extra service. Better to make your own. Most smartphones connect to a computer with a usb cord....
  • Like 1

On my smartphone I got an app that lets you convert MP3s into ringtones. It was really easy and no risk of spyware and all that terrible stuff.

I'd recommend getting the song you want onto your phone as an MP3 file, searching for an app like the one I mentioned, and then just go through the conversion process. It should then appear in your ringtones.

The only downside is that it only lets you have a fifteen-second-long ringtone. But there are probably others out there for longer ringtones.

• Like 1

if you have a Droid... Ringdroid App.

or myxer.com

you take a song and cut it down into a ringtone.

they are both the same thing but on myxer you do it on your computer and it sends to your phone. on Ringdroid, you do it on your phone.

with these ones, you can have the ringtone be as long as you want. and they are free.

Edited by L. Wince

i made my own rush ringtones. i have a section of the camera eye and vital sings for ringtones. when the wife calls the camera eye plays. other calls are vital signs. i love it when the wife calls! it's really easy on the iphone. all depends on the OS you are using. pretty much the same steps to go through. just youtube it. type in how to make your own ringtones followed by your OS. i have tons of ring tones now. have assigned a different song for each person. nothing illegal about it. you just change the format of the mp3.

On 1/24/2011 at 8:20 PM, CMWriter said:

On my smartphone I got an app that lets you convert MP3s into ringtones. It was really easy and no risk of spyware and all that terrible stuff.

I'd recommend getting the song you want onto your phone as an MP3 file, searching for an app like the one I mentioned, and then just go through the conversion process. It should then appear in your ringtones.

The only downside is that it only lets you have a fifteen-second-long ringtone.

15 seconds seems plenty long to me :tongue:

Just now, IbanezJem said:

They tell me that having an audible alert on your phone is very boomerish. I guess that fits with the Rush fan aesthetic, but isn`t it a bit... vainglorious to expect everyone else to listen to your phone? I prefer to mooch about unnoticed, like a serial killer. :cool: 

I used to have Little Guitars (intro) but then it rang and someone looked at me, and I panicked and nearly threw my phone into the river.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Lol. :biggrin:  I have the intro to Making Memories as mine. My only problem is that I have been trained, like an animal! When I'm listening to the FBN album and the song comes on, I end up looking around for my phone. 

• Haha 3