Grace To Grace

Show Don't Tell

I maybe listened to this song once ever, and it was when I first listened to Geddy's solo album, My Favourite Headache, a couple years back. I just listened to it again today, and wow, what a great song! I can't stop listening to it now! Those driving verses! And then those lush choruses... wub.gif From 2:37 to the end is sheer perfection.

Anyone else love this track?! smile.gif GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 15 2011, 12:44 PM)
This is a great track from a solid record. I really would have loved to hear some of this live.

What are the chances of that happening?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 15 2011, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 15 2011, 12:44 PM)
This is a great track from a solid record. I really would have loved to hear some of this live.

What are the chances of that happening?

I guess it would have to be a Geddy solo tour. I was hoping for one back when this came out.

I just downloaded this album off Walmart a couple of weeks ago and think the whole album is awesome. Just wish I got it back when it came out. The quality of the recording is great, like it should be. But what would you expect from one of the greatest artists on the planet. Listen and enjoy. Its too new for me to say which one is my favorite song.

Wow great thread and yes GRACE TO GRACE is certainly my favourite from MFH.

Ends the album perfectly.

A superb closer to a great effort by Geddy. Easily for me one of the top 3 tracks on the album.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jan 18 2011, 01:28 PM)
I'm usually not a complainer but I just can't believe I'm the only one who is almost driven mad by that "dragging the needle across the album" grating static at certain points. It's a great song that's darn near ruined by that for me.

You're not alone. The sounds are a bit rough. I have to admit that the guitar playing lacks character as well. I would love to hear this reworked as a Rush tune without all of the electronic folderol of the original.

One of my five favorite songs on the album, including (in no particular order):

Runaway Train

Moving to Bohemia

Home on the Strange

My Favorite Headache

Grace to Grace

Archived