Rush Should Be On Austin City Limits

Bonghitsforjesus

First, don't think this has anything to do with Time Machine Tour! wink.gif

Always liked Austin City Limits eccentric blend of performers, use to be all country now it veers off in many directions. Sure Rush would be cool to see on there, doubt it would ever happen.

Btw seen Cheap Trick on Conan other night little rough but still rocked... 1022.gif

(What happen to Bun E Carlos on drums?? , some younger guy taken his place?)

(What happen to Bun E Carlos on drums?? , some younger guy taken his place?)

Bun E. is still the drummer - the younger guy is only there to fill in since Bun E. has been having back problems and was unable to physically perform. Or, at least, that's what I've heard.

On topic: I agree, a performance by Rush would be great, but it's pretty unlikely.

As of the last few years ACL has been having some unorthodox performers for them. Not sure I can picture Rush there, but was not ready to witness My Morning Jacket either for that matter. BTW, My Morning Jacket is a dopey name.

As an Austin Resident, nothing would make me happier than for them to play the new ACL Live venue (taping or not) or the ACL Fest, which happens in late Sept/early Oct. The Eagles were the Headliner this year, with other bands like LCD Soundsystem, the Black Keys, and MUSE also playing. So, as you can see. it's a fairly diverse lineup, but them booking RUSH for either the TV show or the Festival shouldn't be more than a 2% chance of happening. Just being Pragmatic, but a tad optimistic.

While My Morning Jacket isnt the coolest bandname ever, they/J James are pretty f*ckin good!

Best (2) performanes of the past year on PBS's ACL were the Avett Brothers and the Swell Season. This Saturday's show is the Black Keys and Sonic Youth..that really doesn't suck!! icon_alienjig.gif

2.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (alexforlifeson @ Jan 18 2011, 04:48 PM)
As an Austin Resident, nothing would make me happier than for them to play the new ACL Live venue (taping or not) or the ACL Fest, which happens in late Sept/early Oct. The Eagles were the Headliner this year, with other bands like LCD Soundsystem, the Black Keys, and MUSE also playing. So, as you can see. it's a fairly diverse lineup, but them booking RUSH for either the TV show or the Festival shouldn't be more than a 2% chance of happening. Just being Pragmatic, but a tad optimistic.

While My Morning Jacket isnt the coolest bandname ever, they/J James are pretty f*ckin good!

Best (2) performanes of the past year on PBS's ACL were the Avett Brothers and the Swell Season. This Saturday's show is the Black Keys and Sonic Youth..that really doesn't suck!! icon_alienjig.gif

2.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

I have to agree that My Morning Jacket is a talented band with a cool sound. I still think it is a dopey name. Now My Smoking Jacket or My Fishing Jacket may work. Even My Nehru Jacket.

I'd like to see them at the Austin City Limits Music festival...that would rock.

Osage