Official Queen Thread

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 14 2012, 03:03 PM)
Billy Squier...*swoon*

I wish I could have seen Queen in their hey day. I was only 15 when Freddie passed away.

You missed one hell of a show . I had a chance to see them in 1980 and did not go banghead.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 14 2012, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Aug 14 2012, 03:03 PM)
Billy Squier...*swoon*

I wish I could have seen Queen in their hey day.  I was only 15 when Freddie passed away.

You missed one hell of a show . I had a chance to see them in 1980 and did not go banghead.gif

'Tis why I'm going to every Rush show I can arrange/afford to attend. We're taking our 10 and 9 year olds to the show in September so they can say they saw them in concert.

QUOTE (KW84 @ Aug 15 2012, 03:43 PM)
Did anyone catch the closing ceremonies of the Olympics with Dr.May, RT, and King Mercury?
1022.gif

As much as I think the whole hologram thing is kind of cheesy I think I'd rather they did Freddie doing We Will Rock You than that girl Who I've never heard of before eh.gif She sucked royally

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 15 2012, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE (KW84 @ Aug 15 2012, 03:43 PM)
Did anyone catch the closing ceremonies of the Olympics with Dr.May,  RT, and King Mercury?
1022.gif

As much as I think the whole hologram thing is kind of cheesy I think I'd rather they did Freddie doing We Will Rock You than that girl Who I've never heard of before eh.gif She sucked royally

I totally agree. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 19 2012, 09:29 AM)
Playing the Island remaster of Live at Wembley. God, they were untouchable live.

And Deacon, so underrated. Happy Birthday John!

I miss John, wish he played during the Olympics sad.gif

Happy Birthday! He's ne of my favorite bassists.

bumper.gif

On September 20th, Queen - Hungarian Rhapsody is being screened at movie theatres all over the world. Is anyone planning on going? I am and I'm quite looking forward to it!!

Apparently before the concert, a 25 minute documentary will be shown made from archive footage around the timeframe of that gig on the Magic Tour.

I've been going through my vinyl since getting a new turntable and I played Live Killers the other day. Oh my, it brought back such memories. For the longest time after Freddie Mercury died I couldn't enjoy any Queen music, but I have finally been able to hear it like I used to. wub.gif

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Sep 5 2012, 05:31 AM)
bumper.gif

On September 20th, Queen - Hungarian Rhapsody is being screened at movie theatres all over the world. Is anyone planning on going? I am and I'm quite looking forward to it!!

Apparently before the concert, a 25 minute documentary will be shown made from archive footage around the timeframe of that gig on the Magic Tour.

So looking forward to seeing this on the big screen. Live In Budapest was amazing on VHS.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 5 2012, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 5 2012, 03:40 AM)
Freddie would have been 66 today.

rose.gif

Happy Birthday Freddie Mercury!!!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02027/PD47982125_2027850c.jpg

I love that look. It says, "I will conquer the world soon."

Man, I miss Freddie.

On November 6 go vote and then pick up Hungarian Rhapsody: Queen Live In Budapest. I've been waiting for this one for years. It's from 1986, the last tour. DVD, Blu-Ray, CD. Whoop!

Amazon.com: Hungarian Rhapsody: Queen Live in Budapest [blu-ray]: Queen: Movies & TV

Good calll...

...that's excatly what I did!

Man, I still miss Freddie.