Official Queen Thread

Because they definitely deserve one.

I love the Prophet's song.

There are rumors that Queen + Paul Rodgers are gonna tour. Can anyone confirm this? While Queen is most definitely not the same without Freddy and John, it'd be nice to see Brian and Rodger doing what they do best.

I hope they don't tour. I've seen a couple of their shows on the 'Net and Paul's voice isn't that great for Queen songs. Bad Company, etc., yes. Queen, no.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jan 7 2011, 10:58 PM)
Because they definitely deserve one.

I love the Prophet's song.

There are rumors that Queen + Paul Rodgers are gonna tour. Can anyone confirm this? While Queen is most definitely not the same without Freddy and John, it'd be nice to see Brian and Rodger doing what they do best.

paul rogers + brian may = my big fantasy. laugh.gif

unsure.gif

love Queen. A very unique band that was ahead of their time and each member very talented and had something special to offer.

Saw Queen in the mid-70's in Harrisburg, PA. Awesome show, musically and visually. I came away from that show knowing that Queen was going to become a huge success.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jan 8 2011, 12:14 AM)
I'm only familiar with their hits, and I only have the Greatest Hits album, which I've enjoyed. What would be a good album to start with?

Innuendo is one of their best. So is The Works.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jan 9 2011, 06:06 PM)
Just got A Night At The Opera and I'm listening to Death on Two Legs. Awesome 1022.gif

Great tune. This is my favorite of the two (Night at the Opera). Love The Prophet Song and Sweet Lady

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jan 8 2011, 05:14 AM)
I'm only familiar with their hits, and I only have the Greatest Hits album, which I've enjoyed. What would be a good album to start with?

I'd go with these 5.

Early Days - Queen II

Classic - A Night At The Opera

Big In America - The Game

Latter Day Greatness - Innuendo

Fun, fun, fun and camper than a row of tents - Hot Space - IIIIIIIII WANT YOUR BODAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 10 2011, 03:51 PM)

I'd go with these 5.

Early Days - Queen II

Fun, fun, fun and camper than a row of tents - Hot Space - IIIIIIIII WANT YOUR BODAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Hot Space was released it turned me and millions of other Americans off. WTF?!?!?!?! Now, it thinks it's a pretty good album. Yes, it's a lot of fun. I know that now thanks to Hatchetaxe&saw. trink39.gif trink38.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 10 2011, 09:37 PM)
I love their albums up to Jazz (except for News of the World which I think is weak) after that i like most of their singles. I also love their final (proper) album, Innuendo which is a return to form...

Do you prefer Jazz over NOTW? Jazz is the sound of a band absolutely wrecked from 5 years of touring, recording and partying. And bringing back oy Thomas Baker was a mistake.

It has some great moments, Jealousy, If You Can't Beat Them, Dead On Time and the singles, but Leaving Home Ain't Easy. Mustapha, Dreamers Ball, Fun It and In Only Seven Days are pure filler, to these ears anyhoo.

The only track on NOTW I can't abide is Sleeping On The Sidewalk.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 10 2011, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 10 2011, 03:51 PM)

I'd go with these 5.

Early Days - Queen II

When Hot Space was released it turned me and millions of other Americans off. WTF?!?!?!?! Now, it thinks it's a pretty good album. Yes, it's a lot of fun. I know that now thanks to Hatchetaxe&saw. trink39.gif trink38.gif biggrin.gif

Way-hey!!!!!! Yes, I've been a one man Hot Space marketing machine for years now.

Glad you like it RR!! 1022.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (BellaCheval @ Jan 8 2011, 12:20 AM)
I hope they don't tour. I've seen a couple of their shows on the 'Net and Paul's voice isn't that great for Queen songs. Bad Company, etc., yes. Queen, no.

I read somewhere a long time ago that Freddie Mercury admired Paul Rodgers and his vocal style. Freddie said, as I recall, that he wished he could sing with more 'grittiness' like Rodgers.

I missed my chance to see Rodgers singing with May, Deacon and Taylor as Queen. I am kicking myself, now.

Edited by summer_sky

Does anyone know when the Box Set of Remasters comes out ? I read about it months ago and is something i will have to pick up

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2011, 01:56 PM)
Does anyone know when the Box Set of Remasters comes out ? I read about it months ago and is something i will have to pick up

Is there a box set? I know Island are remastering all the albums, and releasing them on vinyl as well. I'm waiting for EMI to reduce the price of the singles box sets. I have 1, but they're too bloody expensive.

May and Taylor have been in the studio of late........

It's their 40th year,so Queen are going to be everywhere. Bar Freddie, obviously. And John.

Island are going to milk their new fatted calf.

Not that you can milk a fatted calf.