Moving Pictures Again?

Steve_888

So the rock radio station in Hamilton, Ontario (Y108) had a commercial for the Rush show in Hamilton in April and during the commercial they mentioned how they will be playing Moving Pictures.

Is this just lazy commercial making (the station just assuming they will play MP again) or is it actually known that MP in full will return this year?

Seriously Steve? rofl3.gif

You think after just 40 US tour dates they'd just bag the whole MP tour and start fresh? It's one of the best stage shows and productions they've done in years, or ever, and you're surprised they're gonna stick with it?

They did Snakes and Arrows for two years also...

Edited by briremo

It probably makes more sense to to MP this year than last year only because the album will be 30 years old in Feb (I think). We saw them in Allentown over the summer. Really good show but we're also going to MSG and will be in a spot where we can see the entire stage production. The only thing I hope is that they switch out a tune or two.

I'm glad they're keeping MP. It's keeping the casual fan happy and the endeared ones get TCE and a smattering of vault classics. I'll die a happy man if I hear The Analog Kid at least once live in concert, and so far, that is my only request.

QUOTE (Bonghitsforjesus @ Jan 7 2011, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jan 7 2011, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Jan 7 2011, 01:35 PM)
I thought the moving pictures show was just epic. I'm glad I can see it for a second time.

+1

+2

+3

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Jan 7 2011, 02:04 PM)
I can do without Tom Sawyer. Sorry....and yes, I understand that it will be played at every show until they stop touring.

Well thats good, I'm finally starting to like that song! wink.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (tripdad @ Jan 7 2011, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Jan 7 2011, 02:04 PM)
I can do without Tom Sawyer. Sorry....and yes, I understand that it will be played at every show until they stop touring.

Well thats good, I'm finally starting to like that song! wink.gif

2.gif

laugh.gif

I will take it any day over some of the other material. unsure.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Jan 8 2011, 07:23 PM)
The Camera Eye alone is worth the price of admission.

THIS RIGHT HERE! THANK YOU!

I can't believe we're still complaining about song choices played in their set. Come on, folks - they aren't going to tour forever! Be a little more appreciative. What we're witnessing are living legends that continued to exist after the majority of them flatlined.

Here's what you need to understand: Just because you may be a very big Rush fan, does NOT mean that everyone else who goes, is as well. Keeping this in mind, they create a setlist that will appeal to the casual listener as well, which is why they will NEVER get rid of MP's songs, not matter how badly you wish they would. If they had songs just to appeal to diehard fans, thsi decreases sales revenue, and thus, ticket prices sky-rocket.

You steal music by downloading it instead of buying the CD, you pay the high price for concert tickets, and then bitch about the songs the play. If you're oe of those people, then you helped mke it this way to begin with!

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Jan 7 2011, 01:35 PM)
I thought the moving pictures show was just epic. I'm glad I can see it for a second time.

And a third...and a forth...and a fifth...and a sixth....+

QUOTE (InvisibleAirwaves13 @ Jan 8 2011, 09:46 PM)
This is not a new tour but a 2nd leg. It will be the exact same show with the exact same songs and I will love every minute of it a 2nd time!

1022.gif

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Middle Kingdom @ Jan 9 2011, 12:29 AM)
I would think a song or two would be swapped. But if they didn't film any first leg shows, we would miss out on those for the dvd.
So it will be interesting to see if the set remains the same.

If they dropped Stick It Out, I doubt anyone would miss it, haha

Okay I guess I'm an idiot lol

I usually dont ask questions with just obvious answers, I just seriously didnt think they were gonna do it again, no complaints from me, ha ha

P.S. Am I the only one who likes Stick It Out? lol

Edited by Steve_888