What's For Dinner?

The Owl

I'm preparing the old surf and turf tonight with filet mignon and jumbo tequila soaked shrimp. Asparagus on the side.

My hot Italian sausages, store bought Bertolli sauce and angel hair pasta pales into insignificance before your meal.I will be thinking of tequila soaked shrimp and filet mignon as I pick at my dinner tonight.

Sausage and pasta is good. It's not steak and shrimp but.... well, you already knew that. :LOL:

I find myself frequently wishing I lived in a more heavily Rush fan populated area. How fun would it be to get a gaggle of TRF people together like once a month for a huge feast? Life should be about eating, drinking and Rush.

It's about a 14 hour drive for me. Not too bad. In fact, I was up by Raymond and Aberdeen a few weeks ago visiting my cousin. I plan on going back soon. Maybe a day trip to Seattle is in order. ;)

As for dinner tonight, I am not sure. Off to the grocery store to make my decision.

I'm preparing the old surf and turf tonight with filet mignon and jumbo tequila soaked shrimp. Asparagus on the side.

My hot Italian sausages, store bought Bertolli sauce and angel hair pasta pales into insignificance before your meal.I will be thinking of tequila soaked shrimp and filet mignon as I pick at my dinner tonight.

Sausage and pasta is good. It's not steak and shrimp but.... well, you already knew that. :LOL:

I find myself frequently wishing I lived in a more heavily Rush fan populated area. How fun would it be to get a gaggle of TRF people together like once a month for a huge feast? Life should be about eating, drinking and Rush.

It's about a 14 hour drive for me. Not too bad. In fact, I was up by Raymond and Aberdeen a few weeks ago visiting my cousin. I plan on going back soon. Maybe a day trip to Seattle is in order. ;)

As for dinner tonight, I am not sure. Off to the grocery store to make my decision.

Do let us know what you decided on.

Decision made: Home made clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls. No time to make the bread bowls myself since this was a last-minute decision. So, they came from a local bakery. :)

It's been a while since I've made clam chowder. IMHO, the only time I have better chowder is when I am on the coast. It's one of my braggin' meals :yes:

• Like 1

We are having a certain delicacy known as the loaf of meat and served with the potatoes which are mashed.

And gravy?

Mmmmmm no. I don't have any gravy atm. Whenever I roast a turkey, I end up with a lot of good gravy and I freeze it but I don't have a stash any more. The meat and taters will be flying solo tonight. Although I do slather the loafed meat with a ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard mixture which is sooooooooo good.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/anigif_enhanced-1134-1393241643-1_zps2da4a243.gif

There you go with the goats again... :LOL:

Look at the goat behind the one that is drinking.

:LOL:

• Like 1

We are having a certain delicacy known as the loaf of meat and served with the potatoes which are mashed.

And gravy?

Mmmmmm no. I don't have any gravy atm. Whenever I roast a turkey, I end up with a lot of good gravy and I freeze it but I don't have a stash any more. The meat and taters will be flying solo tonight. Although I do slather the loafed meat with a ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard mixture which is sooooooooo good.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/anigif_enhanced-1134-1393241643-1_zps2da4a243.gif

There you go with the goats again... :LOL:

Look at the goat behind the one that is drinking.

:LOL:

:LMAO:

Change the asparagus to broccoli or green beans, and I'll be there in 6 hours.

No, see, I bought this asparagus and I have to use it. Besides, I'm making a broccoli gratin to go with a roast chicken we'll be having in a few days. I'm green beaned out atm. Asparagus is yummy! What if I wrap it in bacon?

Will the asparagus be grilled, at least?

No, see, I bought this asparagus and I have to use it. Besides, I'm making a broccoli gratin to go with a roast chicken we'll be having in a few days. I'm green beaned out atm. Asparagus is yummy! What if I wrap it in bacon?

Dude, you're feasting on filet mignon and tequila drunk jumbo shrimp. Does it matter how the asparagus is prepared? You.... you picky eaters....

Dude, you're feasting on filet mignon and tequila drunk jumbo shrimp. Does it matter how the asparagus is prepared? You.... you picky eaters....

Well you didn't notice me asking about how the filet and the shrimp are being prepared, did ya?

:sarcastic:

Well you didn't notice me asking about how the filet and the shrimp are being prepared, did ya?

I would be obligated to put at least two asparagus spears on your plate. As long as you eat one, you can have dessert and stay up late. That's the rule at my dinner table. Of course, I'm assuming the steak and shrimp would be hoovered. Edited by Janie
  • Like 1

I would be obligated to put at least two asparagus spears on your plate. As long as you eat one, you can have dessert and stay up late. That's the rule at my dinner table. Of course, I'm assuming the steak and shrimp would be hoovered.

Sheldon eating the steak and shrimp:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/anigif_enhanced-8305-1393235966-1_zpse7058b21.gif

Sheldon eating the asparagus:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/LOLlapalooza/fmnOq.gif

I would be obligated to put at least two asparagus spears on your plate. As long as you eat one, you can have dessert and stay up late. That's the rule at my dinner table. Of course, I'm assuming the steak and shrimp would be hoovered.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/anigif_enhanced-8305-1393235966-1_zpse7058b21.gif

Dude...nasty. :P

I'll take Sheldon's asparagus.

Yes, please. You don't even have to trade for it. I'll just give it to you.

Yes, please. You don't even have to trade for it. I'll just give it to you.

Anything to keep from the throwing up part...

Tonight I'm making pizza. I'll make two. One with just pepperoni and the other with BBQ chicken (just using a roast chicken I got from the deli and pulling the meat off and mixing it with some BBQ sauce), red onion and pineapple. This would be my pizza I'm sure. Most everyone around here goes after boring old pepperoni.

I'll be having grilled lamb chop with potatoes (not sure how I will prepare them just yet) and asparagus (just for Sheldon ;) ). My son will be having the same side dishes but a sirloin steak instead of the lamb. At $5-6 a chop, that boy doesn't appreciate lamb enough to justify the expense. :P

I made bacon cheeseburgers with lettuce, tomato and jalapeños tucked neatly under melted cheese on a soft bakery bun ;)

Bacon was super crispy!

And the side was cheddar broccoli rice.

• Like 1

Moose tenderloin tonight… grilled on high heat, of course. Medium rare. Plus, some fried Cremini mushrooms in olive oil, butter, garlic and oregano… and a fresh salad of course. I’m getting ready for spring… (f***ing winter!)

Janie, that sounds amazing… simple is always better. Love, love, love salmon. We catch them fresh from Lake Superior. Chinook salmon… SO good.