What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Asparagus and delicious smoked vegetarian "sausage" on pasta with cherry tomatoes and Romano/parmigiana(o?) blend grated cheese.

Three nights ago my dinner was mind-blowing amazing. I roasted an acorn squash and stuffed it with lentils cooked in vegetable stock, small portabella mushroom stuffers, and one of the smoked "sausage" links chopped up. :drool:

Lime garlic crispy breaded pork chops.

Yellow Rice and Black beans.

Tomato salad with fresh herbs from whats left of my garden. (good olive oil and red wine vinegar)

Ripe sweet sautéed plantains.

Garlic bread.

Cold beer for me, cocktails for my beautiful wife.

Made some great pork last night....

Took a couple pork tenderloins, rubbed them with a spicy cocoa rub:

1 tablespoon whole white peppercorns

1 tablespoon whole coriander

4 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon ground cloves

3 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa

4 tablespoons sea salt

Peppercorns and coriander toasted over medium heat until pop. Ground in a spice grinder, mixed with the rest of the ingredients.

Rub the pork generously, then, using a cast iron skillet, sear in olive oil over med-high heat, about 2-3 minutes per side until a rich brown color is achieved. Then throw skillet in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until pork is done.

It was a great flavor. Really loved it.

1 teaspoon ground cloves

4 tablespoons sea salt

Peppercorns and coriander toasted over medium heat until pop. Ground in a spice grinder, mixed with the rest of the ingredients.

Rub the pork generously, then, using a cast iron skillet, sear in olive oil over med-high heat, about 2-3 minutes per side until a rich brown color is achieved. Then throw skillet in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until pork is done.

This sounds really interesting! I'm intrigued with putting cocoa on pork. What did you pair it with?

1 teaspoon ground cloves

4 tablespoons sea salt

This sounds really interesting! I'm intrigued with putting cocoa on pork. What did you pair it with?

I made oven roasted potatoes, corn on the cob and made a little "mole" sauce with some of the leftover rub... heated up oil, added some flour to thicken, added the rub, and then some chicken broth.

That. Sounds. Yummy. Feel free to come cook for me.

Tonight I'm just doing a simple roast chicken, roasted baby carrots and do my "mashers" (which is basically open-faced baked potatoes - I think I need a snazzier name for them).

Tonight for dinner, the family shall feast upon LIX's balls.

His meatballs, of course.

Anyway, your luscious meatballs are what's for dinner. (Your Luscious Meatballs - that sounds like a band name!)

• Like 1

I just grilled cheese on toast with sliced tomato, jalapeño chilli, Worcestershire sauce, garlic pepper and it tasted so nom nom nom.

Its nearly 1am. I am starting a new job tomorrow. Arg.

I just got bored...

I roasted five red peppers, two sweet potatoes, five cloves of garlic and added them to fried onions, tomatoes and a good dose of veggie stock. Added a teaspoon of black pepper, two teaspoons of paprika and a smidge of chilli. Blended smooth...added about 100g of boiled red lentils...

MY SOUP IS ACE!

• Like 1