What's For Dinner?

The Owl

I am making "Teriyaki" marinated pork tenderloin served on basamati rice with a braised sugar snap pea and bean sprout salad.

I just mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, cooking sherry, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and fresh scallions and marinade for no more than an hour. Also use the same mix to braise the veggies

• Like 1

I am making "Teriyaki" marinated pork tenderloin served on basamati rice with a braised sugar snap pea and bean sprout salad.

I just mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, cooking sherry, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and fresh scallions and marinade for no more than an hour. Also use the same mix to braise the veggies

Forgot to add that I also use fresh ginger and some sriracha hot sauce. Garnish with scallions and cilantro

Last night - made a lighter version of chicken piccata.

The recipe I had called for a lot of butter. I used mainly olive oil, with a little butter for flavor.

Basically pound chicken breast thin and flat so it cooks quickly and evenly. Coat with seasoned flour (I used salt and lemon pepper) and fry in olive oil and less than a TB butter. I made 9 chicken breast to have leftovers, and could only cook 3 at a time in my pan, so I added a little more olive oil and butter each time. I used about 2 TBs butter to cook all the chicken. I let the chicken drain on a wire rack with paper towel. Once all the chicken was cooked, I added 1 last TB butter to the pan and added lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken stock and capers. let that reduce, put the chicken in a big baking dish and poured the sauce on top. Baked in the oven for about 15 minutes on 400. Served it with roasted white asparagus and some jasmine rice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/squeaktoysneezer/558321_10152437248190397_256845794_n_zps29778978.jpg

Curried red lentil and quinoa soup... made this last night came out YUMMY!

• Like 1

Spaghetti with cut up pieces of hotdog in it. It's a real I-talian treat!

Hmmmm, sounds great!

Speaking of hotdogs - one of my buddies has a picture of me from 1977... I'm sitting in the outhouse makin' a deuce and eating a hotdog at the same time. Lots of mustard oozing out...

Nothing wrong with a little touch of class every now and then, eh?

Sweet and spicy pulled roast beef sandwiches, homemade onions rings and salad (gotta get vegetables in these people!).

I made a roast last night (w/mashed taters and roasted carrots) so it makes for a really easy meal tonight. I pan fry the *$$* out of the roast beef and smother it with a thick sticky sweet and spicy sauce and then pile it a mile high on toasted buns slathered with a wasabi/mayo dressing. It's so yummy.

Pork Chops

Cabbage, Red Onion and Apple Slaw

Crushed New Potatoes (my new favorite way to serve potatoes - par boil, squish whole new potatoes down, stick in the oven with salt, pepper, olive oil and when done, serve with (whatever your favorite topping): grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives, bacon...)

Pork Chops

Crushed New Potatoes (my new favorite way to serve potatoes - par boil, squish whole new potatoes down, stick in the oven with salt, pepper, olive oil and when done, serve with (whatever your favorite topping): grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, chives, bacon...)

a good German meal right there

Pork Chops

I grew up eating quite a lot of German and Polish food. This girl loves her cabbage. I would make a meal out of sauerkraut and mustard.

*GASP* I should make bigos (Polish stew - meat and cabbage... all thick and yummy.)

• Like 1

Pork Chops

I grew up eating quite a lot of German and Polish food. This girl loves her cabbage. I would make a meal out of sauerkraut and mustard.

*GASP* I should make bigos (Polish stew - meat and cabbage... all thick and yummy.)

Sounds like you had similar culinary upbringing as I did.

Lots of Polish/German cuisine...

Bigos is awesome... you may have the same effect after eating it as you do "afternoon chilli"

:LOL:

Pork Chops

Bigos is awesome... you may have the same effect after eating it as you do "afternoon chilli"

Here's the weird thing about Polish food... a lot is very stick-to-your-ribs comfort food, which is great for the cooler months. But eating all those heavy dishes loaded up with cabbage is the worst for the cooler months because you can't open any doors and windows! And who wants to eat this gut-bombing stuff in the hot summer months when you can crack open the windows?

Pork Chops

Here's the weird thing about Polish food... a lot is very stick-to-your-ribs comfort food, which is great for the cooler months. But eating all those heavy dishes loaded up with cabbage is the worst for the cooler months because you can't open any doors and windows! And who wants to eat this gut-bombing stuff in the hot summer months when you can crack open the windows?

Are you girls saying you've eaten a lot of Polish Sausage in your lives?

:facepalm: :facepalm:

:laughing guy:

Pork Chops

How do you think I landed my husband?

*hardyharharsnark*

• Like 2

Pork Chops

How do you think I landed my husband?

*hardyharharsnark*

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/Baby-worship-lawd.gif

CygnusGal mentioned skyline chili not too long ago...had it last night...damn it's awesome...paying for it this morning...well worth it!

A 2-way. Very restrained TM; excellent control. mmmm....Cincinnati chili... It is awesome. A chili recipe thread? Where shall I post my recipe? :unsure:

• Like 1

CygnusGal mentioned skyline chili not too long ago...had it last night...damn it's awesome...paying for it this morning...well worth it!

A 2-way. Very restrained TM; excellent control. mmmm....Cincinnati chili... It is awesome. A chili recipe thread? Where shall I post my recipe? :unsure:

Make the thread!

Make the thread!

Fin.

• Like 1