What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Tonight, it was a TX fall favorite, Tamales!  There is a local family that makes the best Tamales ever and sells them by the dozen. Tonight, it was the Beef and Bison tamales with their homemade salsa Verde and tortilla chips. Paired with a nice Pinot Noir.  Normally I go with beer with spicy foods, but these are fairly mild. Viva Tejas!!!   

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, invisible airwave said:

Fettuccine alfredo

Sometimes I get lazy and use a jar of sauce from the store. It's a flavour we love.

But it's when I have some fresh scallops and mushrooms to slice into it all, and top off with some grated parmesan. 

Yum! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bahamas said:

Sometimes I get lazy and use a jar of sauce from the store. It's a flavour we love.

But it's when I have some fresh scallops and mushrooms to slice into it all, and top off with some grated parmesan. 

Yum! 

Goes great with clams as well.  Trader Joe's Rustico and Newman's are great brands and you can't go wrong with local Italian markets.  There's two in my city, Padua Pasta Makers and Claro's.  My maternal grandpa went to the latter a lot and got me biscotti from there when I was a kid.  It's in the same block of an Italian restaurant I used to work at in the mid 00s, oddly enough.

Edited by invisible airwave

On 10/21/2022 at 10:24 PM, invisible airwave said:

Goes great with clams as well.  Trader Joe's Rustico and Newman's are great brands and you can't go wrong with local Italian markets.  There's two in my city, Padua Pasta Makers and Claro's.  My maternal grandpa went to the latter a lot and got me biscotti from there when I was a kid.  It's in the same block of an Italian restaurant I used to work at in the mid 00s, oddly enough.

Clams.

Funny to me. My spouse loves an old linguine-with-clam-sauce recipe, also some onions and mushrooms, a dash of white wine and a tonne of Romano cheese.  I hate it. 

Mussels, oysters, most shell fish - all great with me. A can of rank clams (sorry) in anything is not going into m' belly!

So, often when I am away from home I get the familiar tell: Made the linguine and clams. 

• Like 1

Have just finished a rather nice home-made salt & pepper chicken with basmati rice, curry sauce and a few chips.

15 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

I made prime rib and my wife made mashed potatoes as well as 3 kinds of cookies yesterday. I tried a new way to make the prime rib and I won't be using any other method in the future if we have it again. 

If you could provide details sometime, I would be interested! I have a rib roast in the freezer for New Years Eve!  I have a good meat thermometer but still have trouble sometimes.