What's For Dinner?

The Owl

A slice of Costco pizza with Mt Dew. Did a little Friday evening shopping and then eat on the cheap. Pretty good food too as far as pizza, hotdogs, or sausages go.

I’ve been raving to some buddies about the hotdogs, sausages, and pizza from Costco since the ‘90s. Some of them have been loving it all not long after I first badgered them about it way back then. There’s an interesting article online about the low price and how it hasn’t changed in well over 20 years. Costco actually loses money on all of it BUT they believe it improves customer satisfaction and encourages customers to continue shopping at Costco.

I want one of their hot dogs NOW! Right NOW! :yes:

I think I read that article. I'd guess even though they're losing money on the food, they're doing ok in the other areas.

Tonight's meal will be movie theater popcorn with a Cherry Coke as we watch "Isle of Dogs".

Since it's Karen's (Mrs. Bear) birthday, I'll be getting carryout from a wonderful local emporium known as My Big Fat Greek Restaurant.

What did you end up having?

An order of Pastistio, stuffed grape leaves, a side of gyro meat, tzaztziki, and pita bread, and a Greek salad. Washed down with a bottle of Moscato. In lieu of a birthday cake we have a local yokel Middle Eastern Grocery that gets this dynamite baklava made with pistachios as opposed to the normal walnuts.

What a feast!

Since it's Karen's (Mrs. Bear) birthday, I'll be getting carryout from a wonderful local emporium known as My Big Fat Greek Restaurant.

An order of Pastistio, stuffed grape leaves, a side of gyro meat, tzaztziki, and pita bread, and a Greek salad. Washed down with a bottle of Moscato. In lieu of a birthday cake we have a local yokel Middle Eastern Grocery that gets this dynamite baklava made with pistachios as opposed to the normal walnuts.

What a feast!

:yes:

I’d destroy that meal!

:blaze:

What a feast!

:yes:

I’d destroy that meal!

:blaze:

Oh yeah, we did destroy it. MBFG is real old school rustic Greek, like from the Monroe Street Greektown area in downtown Detroit. Karen and I miss that food so it's good to have someplace not too far away to carry out from. Edited by pjbear05

Tonight, pasta and marinara with Italian sausage, green beans, and breadsticks

Tomorrow night, grilled chicken breast strips which have been marinated in a mix of EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, and salt; flatbread and a salad.

• Like 1

I made chicken soup from the remains of a Costco broasted bird, with shredded cabbage and carrots, garlic and cilantro. Turned out great!
  • Like 1

Taco salad for the Mrs. Something frozen for me. (I had lunch at the deli; a rachel with fries and slaw and an iced tea, followed by a quick run and grab at both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.)

Mrs. Bear's version of chicken curry over rice. Grilled chunks of chicken beast topped with a sauce mix of mayo, yellow mustard, curry powder, and a pinch of cayenne. Karen found the sauce recipe online, and it's tasty.

Mrs. Bear's version of chicken curry over rice. Grilled chunks of chicken beast topped with a sauce mix of mayo, yellow mustard, curry powder, and a pinch of cayenne. Karen found the sauce recipe online, and it's tasty.

Sounds yummy. I need to eat more curry.

Long day waiting on service people, water heater and phone lines acting up. Both Ok now, but didn't get free until 3 p.m. Went to the Italian store one of their custom subs and baked goods for desert. Then to the Cuban grilled chicken place for a chop bowl (chopped grilled chicken on yellow rice, chopped tomatoes, and curry mustard dressing) for Karen. Jeez, all of us (the dog, too)are stuffed and down for the count!

From the local grocery, chicken breast tenders with homemade wing sauce based on Texas Pete, and Southern style potato salad. Orange Soda. Blue Bunny mini ice cream cones.

Sounds yummy. I need to eat more curry.

I take hot curry and mix it in when I am cooking scrambled eggs. I love it!