What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Homemade black bean chili and corn chips main course for SBS. Chips and dip while cooking. Accompanied by a stellar lineup of libations:

http://www.therushfo...00#entry3075038

The food sounds awesome...I'll just have water, though.

For me, it'll be stadium brats (sounds like "brahts", not "brats") before the game.

Tonight shall be chorizo/grilled chicken tacos, with cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes and AGH I forgot avocado, but it's all good lol

mmmmm so good and om nom nom nom.

NOM NOM NOM NOM. I'm all about the seafood. Had me some blackened salmon on a bed of roasted cream corn casserole on Friday. And a wee dram of Talisker to drink.

Tonight's tilapia!

I love all things seafood. There's a fresh seafood market nearby and I plan on picking up some squid for a huge pot of calamari.

It's funny you mentioned corn because I decided to also make some on the side for those family members who somehow shun all things spinach/lettuce.

• Like 2

I looked up a white sauce recipe and improvised on it... a lot. It turned out pretty well, so I had it with linguine. Next time I'm going to have to use a little less flour in the roux, but I saved it with the cooking wine.

I made a giant salad we all ate from tonight: hard boiled egg, shredded cheese, diced tomato and chicken breast.

Happy to say all of it was eaten ;)

• Like 1

We are having a certain delicacy known as the loaf of meat and served with the potatoes which are mashed.

And gravy?

Mmmmmm no. I don't have any gravy atm. Whenever I roast a turkey, I end up with a lot of good gravy and I freeze it but I don't have a stash any more. The meat and taters will be flying solo tonight. Although I do slather the loafed meat with a ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard mixture which is sooooooooo good.
  • Like 2

We are having a certain delicacy known as the loaf of meat and served with the potatoes which are mashed.

And gravy?

Mmmmmm no. I don't have any gravy atm. Whenever I roast a turkey, I end up with a lot of good gravy and I freeze it but I don't have a stash any more. The meat and taters will be flying solo tonight. Although I do slather the loafed meat with a ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard mixture which is sooooooooo good.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/anigif_enhanced-1134-1393241643-1_zps2da4a243.gif

• Like 1

^^ Me eating dinner tonight. I can't even believe how good that meatloaf was. And that ketchup brown sugar glaze was good enough to eat on its own. Seriously. My belly is so happy right now.
  • Like 1

I'm preparing the old surf and turf tonight with filet mignon and jumbo tequila soaked shrimp. Asparagus on the side.

My hot Italian sausages, store bought Bertolli sauce and angel hair pasta pales into insignificance before your meal.I will be thinking of tequila soaked shrimp and filet mignon as I pick at my dinner tonight.

I'm preparing the old surf and turf tonight with filet mignon and jumbo tequila soaked shrimp. Asparagus on the side.

My hot Italian sausages, store bought Bertolli sauce and angel hair pasta pales into insignificance before your meal.I will be thinking of tequila soaked shrimp and filet mignon as I pick at my dinner tonight.

Sausage and pasta is good. It's not steak and shrimp but.... well, you already knew that. :LOL:

I find myself frequently wishing I lived in a more heavily Rush fan populated area. How fun would it be to get a gaggle of TRF people together like once a month for a huge feast? Life should be about eating, drinking and Rush.

• Like 3

Change the asparagus to broccoli or green beans, and I'll be there in 6 hours.

Sausage and pasta is good. It's not steak and shrimp but.... well, you already knew that. :LOL:

I find myself frequently wishing I lived in a more heavily Rush fan populated area. How fun would it be to get a gaggle of TRF people together like once a month for a huge feast? Life should be about eating, drinking and Rush.

I know what you mean. Often I daydream about how wonderful it would be if we could all get together at least once a year in a central location, rent an entire floor or two in a hotel, and have a TRF Convention for a weekend.

But a huge feast once a month would be good too!

I know what you mean. Often I daydream about how wonderful it would be if we could all get together at least once a year in a central location, rent an entire floor or two in a hotel, and have a TRF Convention for a weekend.

But a huge feast once a month would be good too!

• Like 1

Change the asparagus to broccoli or green beans, and I'll be there in 6 hours.

No, see, I bought this asparagus and I have to use it. Besides, I'm making a broccoli gratin to go with a roast chicken we'll be having in a few days. I'm green beaned out atm. Asparagus is yummy! What if I wrap it in bacon?

And gravy?

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/anigif_enhanced-1134-1393241643-1_zps2da4a243.gif

There you go with the goats again... :LOL: