What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Post (with pics if possible) what you cooked for dinner on any day.... and if you want to go even further; post your recipe....... (and no take out/dining out/ delivery/ fast food here.... only post what YOU cook)

Tonight I made some Shrimp Fried Rice (with carrots, scrambled egg, and peas), Steamed Broccoli, and Egg Rolls (Tai Pea brand, very good)

I came up with this thread after I cleaned up, so no pics, but I will post pics in the future.

I just wanted to bump this to the top. I think this is a great idea.

I need to figure out meals for the next week. This could be a good way to get dinner ideas!

Sidenote: I recently started compiling recipes for a cookbook I want to put together. It's much harder than I thought. Anyway, I am all about food these days. smile.gif

Turkey and gravy with noodles. Cranberry and squash on the side. Mini Thanksgiving type dinner! Sorry no pic...maybe I will snap a shot of the leftovers though.

I will take a pic later this week

Items needed

Bread, (wheat or rye ,,, your choice) you can toast or leave be, good both ways, a little mustard

Thousand island dressing

Corned Beef (Cooked in a crock pot) this will last awhile

Can or Sour kraut

Swiss Chz

and all together, A Corned beef rnben trink36.gif trink36.gif

Hey Owl, how do you fry the Rice, it sounds good

Edited by tkdryan

Last night I made fish tacos (Chef Aarti Sequeira's recipe). They were really easy and yummy. I served a cucumber salad along side.

I just made the dinner menu for the next few days. I'm curious, who else makes a weekly dinner menu? I find that if I plan ahead enough, then I don't make so many trips to the grocery store.

Dinner ahead:

Tonight: individual boboli pizzas (because it's just going to be me and the kids)

Saturday: Indian Spiced Chicken and Indian Spinach

Sunday: steak, mashed potatoes, fried red tomatoes with sour cream and prosciutto and crusty rolls

Monday: sweet and sour braised brisket with roasted carrots and turnips

Tuesday: leftovers! (shepherds pie)

I'm making chicken breasts. Salt lightly, marinate in Tapatio sauce, and sprinkle heavily with a locally made seasoning thats like Montreal steak seasoning but even better. Baked in the oven in a cast iron skillet.

Rice. Brocolli.

Yum.

This is Baked Patti Pan Squash and Egg with Green Chilies, Onions and melted Cheddar Cheese. Fresh Salad with Tomato and Summer Squash on the Side. biggrin.gif

Cut the top off the patti pan and clean out the center to make a nice cup, bake at 350 for 15 minutes, on the side cook in butter the onions and green chilies with some salt and pepper, when the patti pan is getting soft pull from oven and pour the onions and gr chilies into the patti pan, add a raw egg on top of that and the cheese, place back in over till egg is cooked the way you like it. smile.gif

Patti Pan should be of large size 3" across or so.

When adding the cook onions and chillies and egg you want this mix to just fill the patti cup.

Makes a great side dish or the main course...

Enjoy!!! smile.gif

http://s4.tinypic.com/15p3csl_th.jpg

Go on now make us all hungry wink.gif

Well, not tonight (or maybe...) but this is a dish I created myself after having Chicken Fiorenze in a restaurant:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/chickenfirenze.jpg

It's a chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella, basil and sun-dried tomatoes. Roll in Italian-herb bread crumbs, brown in a pan with olive oil and then bake for 30 minutes. It's served over Israeli couscous with a garlic cream sauce.

I like to serve it with tomato & cucumber salad (all grown on our deck):

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/P8110135.jpg

trink39.gif

Sweet Italian sausage with peppers & onions on big soft rolls. Singed the peppers & onions a tad, but not enough to make them taste bad. I'm normally not a huge pepper or onion fan, but if they're cooked well and used sparingly, I don't mind them.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 8 2011, 06:38 PM)
Well, not tonight (or maybe...) but this is a dish I created myself after having Chicken Fiorenze in a restaurant:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/chickenfirenze.jpg

It's a chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella, basil and sun-dried tomatoes. Roll in Italian-herb bread crumbs, brown in a pan with olive oil and then bake for 30 minutes. It's served over Israeli couscous with a garlic cream sauce.

I like to serve it with tomato & cucumber salad (all grown on our deck):

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/P8110135.jpg

trink39.gif

drool1.gif now that looks good

Who are you people?? I'm lucky if I can cook "real food" on the weekends...almost never during the week!. I did make arroz con pollo this weekend, which is easy and delish.

Once upon a time, I enjoyed a home cooked meal nearly every night when I was growing up. I keep promising myself I'm going to plan like Janie, ...

and maybe now it's time. Let's see what I can do here! thanks for the inspiration!

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jan 10 2011, 10:12 AM)
Who are you people?? I'm lucky if I can cook "real food" on the weekends...almost never during the week!. I did make arroz con pollo this weekend, which is easy and delish.

Once upon a time, I enjoyed a home cooked meal nearly every night when I was growing up. I keep promising myself I'm going to plan like Janie, ...

and maybe now it's time. Let's see what I can do here! thanks for the inspiration!

Well, I'm a domestic diva so I have the extra time. I love being in the kitchen these days because the kids hang out in there with me and play and laugh and I have my jazz or lounge music playing. Plus, I'm attempting to put together my own cookbook so I find myself in the kitchen a lot.

The other night I made the Indian Chicken/Spinach dish and I cannot believe how good the house smelled! The chicken was SO good.