Corniest Rush Video

Nate2112

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jan 6 2011, 06:01 AM)
I can't beleive nobody mentioned Distant Early Warning yet! GREAT song...HORRID video. I just can't get past the kid riding that missile...so...CHEESEY LOOKING!  ph34r.gif

Stanley Kubrick. Watch it.

http://www.ziyue.com/poster/d/drstrangelove1.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jan 6 2011, 01:37 AM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jan 5 2011, 04:01 PM)
I can't beleive nobody mentioned Distant Early Warning yet! GREAT song...HORRID video. I just can't get past the kid riding that missile...so...CHEESEY LOOKING!  ph34r.gif

isn't that Geddy's son?

I think so.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 2 2011, 02:45 PM)
It is silly, yet somehow I don't mind it. Aimee Mann saves it in a way. I like the part where you see Alex and Geddy hopping up and down at 3:35, obviously having some fun.

I think "Superconductor" is worse.

Aimee Mann's presence and backing vocals could save a Justin Beiber/lady ga ga video.....

And as much as I like the TSS song, I also like the video even as corny as it is....

QUOTE (ProfGumby @ Jan 16 2011, 05:04 PM)
Aimee Mann's presence and backing vocals could save a Justin Beiber/lady ga ga video.....

Jesus himself couldn't save a Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga video.

Or the Superconductor video for that matter.

Mystic Rhythms is an awesome music video IMO. The last segment of that video totally inspired Tool's music videos.

My money goes to Time Stand Still!

Edit: I love the "Afterimage" music video, but my favorite is probably "Subdivisions" or "Stick it Out".

I think I'm the only one in the world who actually LIKES the "Time Stand Still" video. Sure, it's silly and low-tech, but I prefer that sort of video to the Super Serious We're Making a Multi Million Dollar PRODUCTION kinda vids. Also, I remember thinking when it came out that it was nice to see them at least attempt something that was light and a little tongue in cheek. Their image was so deadly serious back then.

The TSS video doesn't bother me at all, it's all about the time period in which it was made. Ged did that Box Set on VH1 where exlained the reasoning behind a lot of the videos. I may still have it saved on my DVR.

Superconductor is bad, but it's kind of a bad song too.. I find it very disturbing they are on the wrong side of the stage..

I'm going to go out on a limb and invite hate upon myself by saying the Driven video is the WORST. I hate that video so much it made me not like the song either. Can't even think about it let alone watch it.

QUOTE (MCM @ Jan 19 2011, 08:50 PM)

Superconductor is bad, but it's kind of a bad song too.. I find it very disturbing they are on the wrong side of the stage..

Obviously a product of the Mirror Universe.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jan 19 2011, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Jan 19 2011, 08:50 PM)

Obviously a product of the Mirror Universe.

I should go update my post on the "What made your day today?" thread,

because this comment just made my day.

If only Neil had had a beard in the vid', too, then we would've known for sure.. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 2 2011, 02:27 PM)
Look at neil! z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif spit6ph.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QfvFy2Qy-M...ayer_detailpage

and ged's seems like he never had seen another person before, look at him stare!

CORNIEST?! WTF. This is class A!! 1022.gif rofl3.gif I seriously love this video. If I'm having a shit day, I watch this video (and monkey sneezing) on repeat.

Archived