The Owl

I have been a big QR fan for a long time. I really enjoy FW as well, but I think that QR has brought more to the table in terms of the prog-metal genre. And, if you like Operation: Mindcrime (which is one of my faves), you'd enjoy Rage For Order, which was their album before OMC.

Fates is a good band...I saw them live on their Inside Out tour. Good stuff. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 1 2011, 01:46 AM)
I have been a big QR fan for a long time. I really enjoy FW as well, but I think that QR has brought more to the table in terms of the prog-metal genre. And, if you like Operation: Mindcrime (which is one of my faves), you'd enjoy Rage For Order, which was their album before OMC.

Fates is a good band...I saw them live on their Inside Out tour. Good stuff. 1022.gif

This is a hard one. I was going to choose QR until I read your post. Inside Out was a great album, but it was poppy. While QR has crossed over, they kept their prog flavor. Hell, Silent Lucidity had a bizarre time signature. I will agree with you and say QR.

That's a tough one. While I think overall FW has more consistent albums and kicked ass with Parallels, Perfect Symmetry, A Pleasant Shade of Grey etc etc, QR's Empire and Operation:Mindcrime were game changers which spawned the whole prog metal scene. I'd love to see a tour with both of them and Dream Theater and Symphony X topping the bill.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 1 2011, 05:37 PM)
That's a tough one. While I think overall FW has more consistent albums and kicked ass with Parallels, Perfect Symmetry, A Pleasant Shade of Grey etc etc, QR's Empire and Operation:Mindcrime were game changers which spawned the whole prog metal scene. I'd love to see a tour with both of them and Dream Theater and Symphony X topping the bill.

Rodrigo mate Queensryche they toured with DT back in 2003 with Fates Warning as guest stars.

About the Symphony X lads thats a very good idea and i believe thet are much better from Dt.

Cheers......................

I voted Fates Warning because I only like the 80's Queensryche and FW has great stuff since the 80's. Spectre Within, Awaken The Guardian, and No Exit beat anything Queensryche ever did. FW never went after the commercial $'s as Queensryche did, but I love Qeensryche too.

Archived