Caress of Steel Album art

Test4Eggo

So I was scrolling through the cover flow of my albums on my iPod and realized the Caress of Steel artwork doesn't just look like a man standing atop a mountain (of some sort.); I was looking at it from a farther distance and saw the cover looked like a man's head, with your view as looking at the left side of his face. The man's (which is probably the Necromancer now that I think of it...) right arm and sleeve double as the nose, the right hand as the lips, the right breastbone and armpit as the left eye, the rest of the body with the head is the hair. The rocky surface (the mountain of some sort) doubles as the torso: anything below the net. Has anyone noticed this yet? The shading makes it more obvious.

This is probably something everyone knows, or no one really paid attention to. Probably the former. smile.gif

Hmmmm. I will have to check this out. I have to admit that this is one of my favorite albums but that I rarely look at the covers anymore. I really should. This one was always so drab.

As mentioned, at a certain viewing distance, it gets pretty difficult to see it. But since I listen to the album on my computer mostly, I see it all the time.

Here is a crude MS-paintjob of how I see it. Instead of a man though I think of it as a woman with long, flowing hair.

http://i.imgur.com/ZCjI6.jpg

Hugh Syme is good for that. The word "f*ck" can be seen on the Signals cover on the spotted dog.

"shit" can be seen on Roll the Bones.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Jan 1 2011, 02:42 PM)
I googled Caress of Steel to see the album, if you leave at at the thumbnail from web search, you can see it quite clearly. That's awesome.

It also works to look at it larger without wearing glasses. The details diminish and easier to see the face.

QUOTE (Majestyk @ Jan 1 2011, 06:56 PM)
I read that the cover was supposed to be steel color but a printing error made it come out copper...So in light of that, I turned it back to the original color. wink.gif

http://members.shaw.ca/abbbb/steel.jpg

I just saw it!

Archived