The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 16 2012, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 16 2012, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 15 2012, 09:55 AM)
did they play the prisoner?

yes.gif 1022.gif

It sounded great in Toronto and the crowd sang the chorus at the top of their lungs. Tonight I see them here and will be in the GA pit at the front of the stage bncegrn.gif

Who knows, maybe I'll run into you there.

Maybe, but from the ticket sales i've seen it's gonna be packed. Plus, we who are in the GA pit at front of the stage are a special group and don't associate with the commoners outside of it laugh.gif

Seriously, this might be the best show you'll ever see. I've seen Rush eight times and as weird as it is for me to say this, none of their shows have got shit on this one.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 16 2012, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 16 2012, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 16 2012, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 15 2012, 09:55 AM)
did they play the prisoner?

yes.gif 1022.gif

It sounded great in Toronto and the crowd sang the chorus at the top of their lungs. Tonight I see them here and will be in the GA pit at the front of the stage bncegrn.gif

Who knows, maybe I'll run into you there.

Maybe, but from the ticket sales i've seen it's gonna be packed. Plus, we who are in the GA pit at front of the stage are a special group and don't associate with the commoners outside of it laugh.gif

Seriously, this might be the best show you'll ever see. I've seen Rush eight times and as weird as it is for me to say this, none of their shows have got shit on this one.

You sir, are correct. Out of the 3 concerts I've been to now (I'm a noob, this was my third), it was certainly the best. But you deserve your seats, you worked hard for it, and you're a better fan than I, but we're both better than those in the lawn.

And I got a Rush show to look forward to in October, I expect it to tie things up.

What an amazing show last night. Words can't describe how good this was seeing this from the pit. Both Maiden and Cooper sounded better than they did when I saw them in Toronto on friday. Bruce's singing was better last night as well and there weren't any sound issues at all. Bruce complained that they need to burn the place down and build a new one with a bigger stage because this one wasn't big enough to fit their whole stage set laugh.gif They had to take out the Eddie that pops up from the back during 7th Son last night. Which is too bad because it is an awesome visual and really adds to the atmosphere of the song.

I was singing so loud that my throat was actually sore by the fourth song. The crowd was great to and Bruce even comented on that a few times as well. I wasn't sure how well the crowd would react to everything since Maiden hasn't been here since the 2005 Ozzfest and the last time they played here on their own tour was for Brave New World. Sometimes a band not coming around an area too often can have a bad effect but not tonight. The crowd even knew what to do for the singalong on Fear Of The Dark.

After tonight i'm full convinced that they don't even turn on Jannick's guitar. Except for on the solos for Afraid To Shoot Strangers and Fear Of The Dark, every other time he was "playing" something you couldn't even hear it at all. I purposely stood a little more over on Dave and Adrian's side so I could actually see the real guitar work being done which was awesome. They're easily my favorite guitar duo of all time.

Alice Cooper did his usual great job as the opener, playing mostly a short greatest hits set. But for a long time Cooper fan like me songs like The Black Widow, Brutal Planet and Wicked Young Man were the highlights of the set. I got a guitar pick from Orianthi at the end of the show. She threw a bunch of them out and one landed by my feet so I grabbed it. Strangely enough in my 20 years of going to shows this is the first time i've ever got anything from the stage that a musician threw out to the crowd. I usually don't bother trying for anything since there's always a huge mob of people trying to get the stuff. I guess I lucked out this time. My nephew almost got Cooper's cane but he was taking a video with his phone, so it hit him in the face and bounced off and the lady standing behind him got it laugh.gif

Cooper drops off the tour next week because he's got shows in Europe. Coheed and Cambria take over a the openers then 062802puke_prv.gif I feel sorry for anyone who has to sit through them. Cooper and Maiden is such an awesome combo and even if you're not really a fan of either, going to this show will change your mind quickly.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 17 2012, 10:38 AM)

After tonight i'm full convinced that they don't even turn on Jannick's guitar.

laugh.gif

did he sport his guitar twirling skills? eyesre4.gif

the only reason they keep this guy is because he's a friend of bruce. that and because he was part of a few maiden albums, and they're being nice by not kicking him off the bus. tongue.gif

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 17 2012, 10:50 AM)

laugh.gif

the only reason they keep this guy is because he's a friend of bruce. that and because he was part of a few maiden albums, and they're being nice by not kicking him off the bus. tongue.gif

We can only hope they kick him off the bus for the Last tour laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 17 2012, 05:30 PM)

laugh.gif

We can only hope they kick him off the bus for the Last tour laugh.gif

I reckon he knows something, and they're afraid to boot him out in case he spills the beans.

Maybe one of them has a third, and fourth, nipple.

Maybe one of them is missing a nadger.

Maybe Nicko is two Peruvian dwarves stapled together.

Maybe Steve Harris hates The Hammers, but loves synchronised swimming.

Maybe Adrian's real name is Nancy Shelduck.

Whatever it is, Gers knows it ,the silly twirling bollocks.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 17 2012, 10:48 AM)
How was the fire? I could feel it all the way back in section 403. laugh.gif

It was like the flames of hell caressing me every time those firepods went off firedevil.gif

That really is the best way to describe how hot they were up close 1022.gif

laugh.gif

Yes, he displayed his amazing guitar twirling skills. He also showed how awesome he is at doing leg stretches on the side panel. He also, displayed great talent when he did his tribute to Riverdance by stomping his feet on stage and spinning in circles laugh.gif

On a serious note, like I said i my review, the best thing was me standing closer to Dave and Adrian's side of the stage and seeing them play together from 20 feet away. Those two are amazing and I get the vibe that they don't even like playing with Jannick. Every time i've seen them there is very little interaction with him but Dave and Adrian are brothers on that stage. They have these small interactions with each other during the shows and when you see it you just know how much they love playing together.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 17 2012, 01:39 PM)

laugh.gif

Yes, he displayed his amazing guitar twirling skills. He also showed how awesome he is at doing leg stretches on the side panel. He also, displayed great talent when he did his tribute to Riverdance by stomping his feet on stage and spinning in circles laugh.gif

On a serious note, like I said i my review, the best thing was me standing closer to Dave and Adrian's side of the stage and seeing them play together from 20 feet away. Those two are amazing and I get the vibe that they don't even like playing with Jannick. Every time i've seen them there is very little interaction with him but Dave and Adrian are brothers on that stage. They have these small interactions with each other during the shows and when you see it you just know how much they love playing together.

you were lucky to be closer to adrian and dave. i like being on steve harris' side but there's a price to pay with jannick destracting you. i sat on harris' side for the a matter of life and death show, and gers was incredibly annoying, plus the show sucked. tongue.gif

From where I was sitting, a beam covered up Jannick, only allowing me a good view of everyone else. tongue.gif

Though there were a few jackasses with cameras that kept holding them up whenever anything happened. I caught my eye drifting towards the shitty screen they had set up. What's the point of even taking pictures? There are going to be a dozen other videos on Youtube and some pro-shots online a day or two later. I like seeing a show through my eyes, not through a shitty camera (they're pictures were pretty bad).

But aside from that, the show was phenomenal. Bruce's voice had so much power. I was upset at first that Hallowed Be Thy Name was cut, but the show more than made up for it. They certainly delivered and I got every single penny's worth. I really enjoyed Alice Cooper's set and thought it was pretty much worth what I paid during the intermission. Once Maiden hit the stage, I forgot he even played until I got back.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 17 2012, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 17 2012, 02:56 PM)
Hallowed Be Thy Name was cut

i can't believe it didn't make the setlist. one of the greatest songs to hear live.

It only cut the show down from a 100% to a 99.99

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 17 2012, 03:03 PM)

i can't believe it didn't make the setlist. one of the greatest songs to hear live.

yea but how can they play, can i play with madness, which is a big piece of excrement, and not play hallowed be thy name, which is arguably one of their best songs? confused13.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 17 2012, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 17 2012, 03:03 PM)

yea but how can they play, can i play with madness, which is a big piece of excrement, and not play hallowed be thy name, which is arguably one of their best songs? confused13.gif

There was an interview with Nicko done after the tour started and he was asked why Infinite Dreams and Hallowed weren't in the set? He said they were originally but with the original set the band felt was too demanding on Bruce's voice to do every night so they decied to cut those two. Instead they're doing Afraid To Shoot Strangers and Running Free which are easy vocal songs.

When you see what the set is, you get why the band thought it would be too much for Bruce to do every night with those two in it on top of everything else.

Here's the set if you wanna to a look:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/...y-3bdcacf0.html

I honestly didn't miss Hallowed at all. There are other songs being played that they don't do every tour that more than made up for it. Maybe it was just Hallowed's time to take a break to. They've done it at every show for the last 30 years after all. Maiden has even dropped staples like Wrathchild, Number Of The Beast, Run To The Hills, Trooper, 2 Mins To Midnight, Heaven Can Wait and The Evil That Men Do at some point over the course of the last three or four tours. So, it's not like them dropping a regular song in favor of something different is a surprise or anything.

The show was amazing. 1022.gif Best concert I have ever been to. I was slightly dissapointed that they weren't able to bring that statue of Eddie holding the crystal ball up during Seventh Son because the stage was too small (Bruce said they should burn it down and build a bigger one biggrin.gif ), but that hardly detracted from the show at all. Bruce's voice and screams (especially during NOTB) were amazing, and it was so cool to see my idols on stage from the fourteenth row. I was on Dave and Adrian's side, and let me tell you, it was awesome. I would love to see them again, IF they ever come back to Buffalo.

QUOTE (Dream-Theater*#2358 @ Jul 17 2012, 07:16 PM)
The show was amazing. 1022.gif Best concert I have ever been to. I was slightly dissapointed that they weren't able to bring that statue of Eddie holding the crystal ball up during Seventh Son because the stage was too small (Bruce said they should burn it down and build a bigger one biggrin.gif ), but that hardly detracted from the show at all. Bruce's voice and screams (especially during NOTB) were amazing, and it was so cool to see my idols on stage from the fourteenth row. I was on Dave and Adrian's side, and let me tell you, it was awesome. I would love to see them again, IF they ever come back to Buffalo.

I believe they will come here again. When a band's management is booking a tour they always look at what they were able to draw on the previous tour. They had a great turnout last night and i'm sure they made money off it. They will come back soon.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 17 2012, 09:43 PM)

I believe they will come here again. When a band's management is booking a tour they always look at what they were able to draw on the previous tour. They had a great turnout last night and i'm sure they made money off it. They will come back soon.

They may not return to Darien depending on the size of theirs set/extras. Likely HSBC again.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 17 2012, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 17 2012, 09:43 PM)

They may not return to Darien depending on the size of theirs set/extras. Likely HSBC again.

That won't be a deciding factor in weather they come back or not. This wasn't the only show they had to drop the Eddie during 7th Son. This was easily Maiden's biggest stage production ever, so the fact they can't do everything at some venues is understandable. The bottom line is if the show turned a profit for the band, they will be back again.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up the HSBC arena? Maiden has never played there.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 17 2012, 09:30 PM)
Sorry, HSBC is now the First Niagara Center. I saw footage from The Final Frontier at the First Niagara Pavilion in Pennsylvania. Got confused.

That's where I saw them on that tour. My brother and I didn't renew our old passports so we couldn't go see them in Toronto. So, we decided to drive down to Pittsburgh to see them instead. Questionable setlist for that tour but Maiden somehow made it work out OK.