The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Iron Maiden, Within Temptation and Trivium...

...did I just die and go to heaven!?

It's not all three for the whole tour. Trivium does the first half of the tour then Within Temptation takes over for the second half. I wonder which band Maiden fans will be more receptive to?

Solution: Fly out to Spokane for their last show with Trivium, then follow them to Sioux Falls for their first show with Within Temptation, then fly home.

You know, provided you can get the time off from work and afford the travel expenses.

Who the hell do you think I am? Earl? Lol.

I don't like any band enough to travel to the other side of the country to see them. I drove five hours to see Rush once. That's about my limit when it comes to seeing a show.

LOL!

I've cut back on the travel.

Would rather take Lisa on a trip down south or Maui for the beach!

That being said I am getting Maiden tickets tomorrow. They are playing 3 miles from my house!

Also picked up STYX, REO and Loverboy tickets for a July gig.

Also have Tears For Fears tickets with Garbage opening.

Earl where you been hiding again?

Under his woman's skirt is my guess lol.

• Like 3

It's not all three for the whole tour. Trivium does the first half of the tour then Within Temptation takes over for the second half. I wonder which band Maiden fans will be more receptive to?

Solution: Fly out to Spokane for their last show with Trivium, then follow them to Sioux Falls for their first show with Within Temptation, then fly home.

You know, provided you can get the time off from work and afford the travel expenses.

I don't like any band enough to travel to the other side of the country to see them. I drove five hours to see Rush once. That's about my limit when it comes to seeing a show.

LOL!

That being said I am getting Maiden tickets tomorrow. They are playing 3 miles from my house!

Hey buddy!

Heading to Lisa's tomorrow for your 17 month anniversary!

Got my Maiden tickets today! Row L Section 105. First row before the pit. Killer!

• Like 1

LOL!

Under his woman's skirt is my guess lol.

Hahahaha! Yep! Fo Sure! I'm a changed man fellas! SHE ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!

• Like 1

LOL!

Hey buddy!

Heading to Lisa's tomorrow for your 17 month anniversary!

Got my Maiden tickets today! Row L Section 105. First row before the pit. Killer!

MY 17 month anniversary?? What 17 months in lockdown anniversary!?? :16ton:

16 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

They ended that joke at the right time. I had the risk of going too long and losing it's humor.

#leteddiehavefun

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Setlist for the opening night of the new tour. Yuck! I don't know how those first six songs are supposed to work at the start of the show but they really don't look good on paper together.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2022/arena-zagreb-zagreb-croatia-4bb7632e.html

Maybe they're aware that the start of the show is mid-tempo, because Eddie comes up right at the first song.

On 5/23/2022 at 1:59 AM, J2112YYZ said:

Setlist for the opening night of the new tour. Yuck! I don't know how those first six songs are supposed to work at the start of the show but they really don't look good on paper together.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2022/arena-zagreb-zagreb-croatia-4bb7632e.html

Agree it looks pretty dull.

23 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

Agree it looks pretty dull.

It's possible it could come across much better live. I remember thinking the same thing about the current Dream Theater set but all the reviews said it played out well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Analog Cub said:

Oh shit, maybe they'll quit teasing and play Alexander the Great!

They're never playing that. When have they teased doing it? If Maiden doesn't play a song when they're touring for the album that song is on then they never will play it live. There's over 40 years of touring to back that up.

Edited by J2112YYZ

On 10/9/2022 at 11:09 AM, J2112YYZ said:

They're never playing that. When have they teased doing it? If Maiden doesn't play a song when they're touring for the album that song is on then they never will play it live. There's over 40 years of touring to back that up.

Maybe they see the end of the line and decided to give the fans what they want before calling it quits? I just heard from an artist that does the backdrops for them that they asked for something for Deja Vu. Maybe now it's time to break that rule...I would hate for them to tease SIT and only play the usual suspects - Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years etc.

• Like 3

I saw them live in Toronto this Tuesday. Great show, although I saw them in 2019 on the same tour, minus the three songs from Senjutsu. They still rock, but now it kinda shows that the end is near.

3 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Shitjutsu is so bad that they have to sweeten the pill with songs from SIT.

I'm still a big fan of Senjutsu.

• Like 3

On 10/14/2022 at 5:50 AM, Rod in Toronto said:

I saw them live in Toronto this Tuesday. Great show, although I saw them in 2019 on the same tour, minus the three songs from Senjutsu. They still rock, but now it kinda shows that the end is near.

Why do you think that Rod? I mean, they'e certainly not getting any younger but was there stuff you saw in the show that makes you think that?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Laurabw said:

Why do you think that Rod? I mean, they'e certainly not getting any younger but was there stuff you saw in the show that makes you think that?

The main thing I worry about is Bruce's voice. He still does a really good job. His voice has shown to have inhuman endurance over the years considering how high of range that older stuff is and the overall demanding style the music requires. He's 64, so the days of doing songs like Flight Of Icarus and Aces High are definitely numbered. The next tour is focusing on Somewhere In Time which will be a big challenge for him especially if they play the title track. Nicko is 70. Who knows how much longer he can keep playing this style for?

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

The main thing I worry about is Bruce's voice. He still does a really good job. His voice has shown to have inhuman endurance over the years considering how high of range that older stuff is and the overall demanding style the music requires. He's 64, so the days of doing songs like Flight Of Icarus and Aces High are definitely numbered. The next tour is focusing on Somewhere In Time which will be a big challenge for him especially if they play the title track. Nicko is 70. Who knows how much longer he can keep playing this style for?

Yes, that all makes sense. It's amazing he can still sing that high after so many years.

Guess we'll see!

I just got tickets for next sunday!  It'll be my first time ever seeing them, so I really don't care if they play nothing but hits or all of the new album or whatever they want.  I will say though, I do like to be surprised, so I am trying to avoid much in the way of setlist spoilers, but I do know a couple of things I've seen around. 

Anyway, :ROCK:

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Laurabw said:

The slowing down of certain songs - most notably Fear of the Dark and Aces High, and also Bruce's voice. He still reaches the high notes, but his enunciation is really compromised when he does that. The excitement of his performance and his technique are still there, but his "instrument" is just not the same. I guess it has to do with aging and also the cancer - part of his tongue had to be removed.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rod in Toronto said:

The slowing down of certain songs - most notably Fear of the Dark and Aces High, and also Bruce's voice. He still reaches the high notes, but his enunciation is really compromised when he does that. The excitement of his performance and his technique are still there, but his "instrument" is just not the same. I guess it has to do with aging and also the cancer - part of his tongue had to be removed.

I don't believe Maiden down tunes any of their songs too much. At least not from what I can hear. That probably hasn't done Bruce's voice any favors as time has passed.

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't believe Maiden down tunes any of their songs too much. At least not from what I can hear. That probably hasn't done Bruce's voice any favors as time has passed.

They don't...but maybe they should.

• Like 1