The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

I have left Facebook for now.

I like all Maiden albums, but I feel like every album since Bruce came back would be WAY better with three or four songs removed.

Also, I LOVE the Eddie samurai, but the black background make this look like a lazy attempt. Why won't they do a cover with more details like they used to????? Anyway, live, the visual identity of this album is going to kick ass.

Anyway, all that hype about Belshazzar's Feast, and in the end it's only a detail of one of the songs?

Sorry, this post is coming across as way too negative, but I'm excited about this album!!!

• Like 2

New album Senjutsu has just been announced!

E X C I T E D

Edit: https://www.ironmaiden.com/news/article/im17

Rant On

Just a note because I’m a bit of a nerd about this kind of thing, judging by the arrangement of tracks and their lengths, it seems to me like it wouldn’t be too much trouble fitting all ten songs onto 2 vinyl LP’s, looking like this:

Side 1

Senjutsu

Strategy

The Writing On The Wall

(About 19:32 total)

Side 2

Lost In A Lost World

Days Of Future Past

The Time Machine

(About 20:43 total)

Side 3

Darkest Hour

Death Of The Celts

(About 17:40 total)

Side 4

The Parchment

Hell On Earth

(About 23:58 total)

None of those albums side lengths are too long, even the last one (even in the 70s Genesis we’re doing albums over 50 minutes total, averaging 25 minutes a side). So the fact that the album is being released as a triple LP instead of a double says to me they’re more interested in packaging and making money than price efficiency for the fans. I’m sure the music and the packaging will be awesome, but personally I prefer it when bands don’t needlessly create a second or a third LP and stretch the track list out over it, causing me to flip the record more often!

Rant Off

I'm super pumped. Yeah, the Harris epics at the end give reason for skepticism based on how he's been writing over the years but I'm sure there's going to be plenty to enjoy from this offering.

I only hope the longer songs don't have repetitive choruses as usual. No More Lies, Blood Brothers, The Angel And the Gambler...they love to repeat the title of a song ad infinitum...
  • Like 1

I only hope the longer songs don't have repetitive choruses as usual. No More Lies, Blood Brothers, The Angel And the Gambler...they love to repeat the title of a song ad infinitum...

The like to needlessly draw out the gallop, as well.

I did it too, but I wish they had something else going in the background and not just darkness.

Anyway, it seems the artist took this one as a starting point and elevated it:

220px-Rhythm_And_Stealth.jpg

• Like 2

I did it too, but I wish they had something else going in the background and not just darkness.

Anyway, it seems the artist took this one as a starting point and elevated it:

220px-Rhythm_And_Stealth.jpg

Senjutsu is similar to Book of Souls in its simplicity.

Ready for a new Maiden album. I was ready like 2 years ago, lol

excited!!!!

Mick

When it was recorded!

I'm already bored of the whining, they have been doing albums successfully since 1980 BE HAPPY GUYS

Even though "the Book of Souls" has only one color in black for a background, it's still a great front cover. I think Iron Maiden's new "Senjutsu" c.d., and album front cover looks great, too. I like their new front cover of it, too, especially the color silver around the words "Iron Maiden" with the color red inside the letters, and words. The release date is Sept. 3. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

The real tragedy is there's still no Eddie / Iron Maiden themed Magic: The Gathering cards.

Oh, wait, just me? lol

Honestly....y'all are nit picky fukks, lol'

i don't care how any vinyl's it's on (probably not going vinyl.....barely do, lol)

if it's too long.....if it comes with onion rings.......i just want the music.

Mick

Honestly....y'all are nit picky fukks, lol'

i don't care how any vinyl's it's on (probably not going vinyl.....barely do, lol)

if it's too long.....if it comes with onion rings.......i just want the music.

Mick

It's just a little pet peeve of mine. Definitely very nit picky in today's vinyl culture, where more is just better. It didn't bother me much when Muse went the double vinyl route for Drones, so apparently it doesn't always annoy me either. I'd be happy to have the triple record set, especially with colored vinyl!

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

I will PROBABLY get this album in a few weeks. Hoping to get an interview with one of them as well - that would be one of the few interviews that would get me out of my retirement from music writing.
  • Like 4

I will PROBABLY get this album in a few weeks. Hoping to get an interview with one of them as well - that would be one of the few interviews that would get me out of my retirement from music writing.

It's time for a humongous heavy hitter, interviewing Dickinson or Harris!

• Like 1

I have been listening to Maiden for three days pretty much exclusively.

In my opinion they have never made a bad album (a few just ok albums, though).

And their track record since re-adding Dickinson and Smith is amazing.

I have no doubt this will be an incredible album.

And while the songs are really long- I like epics so I don't care.

I'm fine with incessant galloping, quiet intros that lead into galloping and end with quiet exits, and I'm fine with epics.

I will agree that repeating the same couple of words and calling it a chorus is a bit old, though.

• Like 1

That's what I'm hoping for. Imagine aiming at them and getting Jannick? :(

• Like 1

Well if you get Jannick you can ask him what his favorite guitar tricks are since he's such a showman!

But yeah that would be majorly disappointing.

• Like 1

Well if you get Jannick you can ask him what his favorite guitar tricks are since he's such a showman!

I'm not a fan of Jannick at all, but if he's the only one available, I could talk to him. It's Maiden after all!!!

• Like 1

Why are you retired Rod? You seem to have been interviewing some HUGE names recently.

• Like 2

Why are you retired Rod? You seem to have been interviewing some HUGE names recently.

It was taking too much of my time, and I didn't see the return of doing those, except for speaking with some of my idols. I do miss doing these interviews, but work is going crazy, I started practicing guitar, and I'm taking a course at the University of Toronto which takes a lot of my time. With that said, Maiden is obviously an opportunity I CAN'T miss.

• Like 2

I would ask him how often they turn the volume up on his guitar live? There's been times I have seen them and Jannick is strumming away but there doesn't seem to be any sound coming from his guitar. I know all three guys guitar tones well enough that I can usually tell who's playing what. Perhaps he's just duplicating what Dave or Adrian are doing for the most part. But I swear it doesn't sound like any noise is coming from his guitar.