The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/203/d/c/iron_maiden_poster_by_rushyeszeppelin-d589apm.jpg

Poster I made for the concert I may or may not have tickets to. I hopefully I'll go. Eddie as a Mountie riding a moose with a Canadian flag. 1022.gif

During the opening notes of "Wasted Years", IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson can be heard addressing a fan in the audience, "Oh, for f**k's sake, the man the white shirt, you've been texting for the last three f***ing songs! You're a wanker!"

tp://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177076&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

QUOTE (RushYesZeppelin @ Jul 22 2012, 05:21 AM)
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/203/d/c/iron_maiden_poster_by_rushyeszeppelin-d589apm.jpg

Poster I made for the concert I may or may not have tickets to. I hopefully I'll go. Eddie as a Mountie riding a moose with a Canadian flag. 1022.gif

Wow! Awesome poster 1022.gif

I thought it was awesome how they made shirts for the Canadian dates. I got the one just like your poster

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/IRON-MAIDEN-2012-Canadian-Exclusive-shirt-Maiden-England-Tour-Canada-ONLY-Large-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/%24T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOuT9BP%2B(rM2(jQ~~60_57.JPG

But I really wish I could get my hands on this one

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5toLmODoA4U/SNJH-QobmsI/AAAAAAAAIII/ZHTOSG2ly9w/s400/23+545.jpg

this band has the most badass shirts

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jul 22 2012, 05:24 AM)
During the opening notes of "Wasted Years", IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson can be heard addressing a fan in the audience, "Oh, for f**k's sake, the man the white shirt, you've been texting for the last three f***ing songs! You're a wanker!"

tp://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177076&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bruce does realize that calling someone an "wanker" in the US doesn't mean anything right? I know it's some kind of insult in England but the word doesn't mean shit to us here laugh.gif

ranton.gif

Oh yeah, I can't stand it when people spend a whole concert on their phones. Weather is texting, taking pictures the whole time or recording every damn thing, it's annoying as hell for me as a fan. Imagine how someone who's busting their ass to entertain you on stage feels when they see all you're doing is f*ckin around on your phone the whole time instead watching the show. Maybe it's because i'm old enough to remember going to concerts before cell phones, but people really need to put the goddamn phones away. I'm not talking about if someone wants to snap a few pictures or even get a couple minutes of video, that I don't mind. It's all these brainless f*cks who pay more attention to their phones then the show. It's hugely disrespectful to the band and not to mention to the fans sitting behind you who's view you block every time you put your phone up in the air to record your precious video instead of watching the concert.

rantoff.gif

There, I feel better now new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 22 2012, 06:28 AM)
QUOTE (RushYesZeppelin @ Jul 22 2012, 05:21 AM)

Wow! Awesome poster 1022.gif

Haha thank you.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jul 22 2012, 07:09 AM)
I thought it was awesome how they made shirts for the Canadian dates. I got the one just like your poster

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/IRON-MAIDEN-2012-Canadian-Exclusive-shirt-Maiden-England-Tour-Canada-ONLY-Large-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/%24T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOuT9BP%2B(rM2(jQ~~60_57.JPG

But I really wish I could get my hands on this one

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5toLmODoA4U/SNJH-QobmsI/AAAAAAAAIII/ZHTOSG2ly9w/s400/23+545.jpg

this band has the most badass shirts

Holy crap. I've never seen those shirts before, those are badass. Haha

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 22 2012, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jul 22 2012, 05:24 AM)

Bruce does realize that calling someone an "wanker" in the US doesn't mean anything right? I know it's some kind of insult in England but the word doesn't mean shit to us here laugh.gif

ranton.gif

Oh yeah, I can't stand it when people spend a whole concert on their phones. Weather is texting, taking pictures the whole time or recording every damn thing, it's annoying as hell for me as a fan. Imagine how someone who's busting their ass to entertain you on stage feels when they see all you're doing is f*ckin around on your phone the whole time instead watching the show. Maybe it's because i'm old enough to remember going to concerts before cell phones, but people really need to put the goddamn phones away. I'm not talking about if someone wants to snap a few pictures or even get a couple minutes of video, that I don't mind. It's all these brainless f*cks who pay more attention to their phones then the show. It's hugely disrespectful to the band and not to mention to the fans sitting behind you who's view you block every time you put your phone up in the air to record your precious video instead of watching the concert.

rantoff.gif

There, I feel better now new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

unfortunately, the most texting i ever saw at a gig was at rush sad.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 22 2012, 02:20 PM)

Insult? It's a hobby wink.gif

uh...http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/ashamed/ashamed0005.gif

bye bolt.gif

Edited by Your_Lion

Bruce is right, happens all the time in the U.S. Ballgames , Concerts, it does not matter. Btw, i thought Wanker was universal laugh.gif

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 23 2012, 11:07 AM)
damn i hope they announce a 2nd leg, i can't hear a maiden song anymore without thinking of seeing them

Their won't be a second North American leg. Maiden hasn't done two legs for a tour over here in many years, so don't count on it.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 10:41 AM)
Bruce is right, happens all the time in the U.S. Ballgames , Concerts, it does not matter. Btw, i thought Wanker was universal laugh.gif

I've never heard an American use that word before. It's always been someone from England laugh.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 23 2012, 08:44 PM)
Did anyone see the Adrian Smith guest spot on TMS a few months back? I can't access the clip as they won't allow international viewing angry.gif

I saw it but the interview is really old news at this point. They just talked about the Maiden England tour and Adrian mentioned their next album will have more upbeat material like the old stuff.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 23 2012, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 23 2012, 11:07 AM)
damn i hope they announce a 2nd leg, i can't hear a maiden song anymore without thinking of seeing them

Their won't be a second North American leg. Maiden hasn't done two legs for a tour over here in many years, so don't count on it.

a boy can dream can't he?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 24 2012, 10:26 AM)
Did anyone see the Adrian Smith guest spot on TMS a few months back?  I can't access the clip as they won't allow international viewing angry.gif

I saw it but the interview is really old news at this point. They just talked about the Maiden England tour and Adrian mentioned their next album will have more upbeat material like the old stuff.

yeah, it's not really relevant now

although a new album that sounds more like their old shit will be cool

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 24 2012, 10:26 AM)
Did anyone see the Adrian Smith guest spot on TMS a few months back?  I can't access the clip as they won't allow international viewing angry.gif

It's funny how he say's "Certian songs we Have to do , like Hallowed" Not so much eh?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 25 2012, 03:26 AM)

Thanks for the info, at least that's something. Was more interested in old Maiden stories and his history than current tours anyway. An AS interview is always worth a go.