The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 6 2012, 07:59 PM)
10 more days, I can hardly sit still.

I'll be at the Darien Lake show to. I'll be in the general admission pit in front of the stage. Maiden is so good live that they even made the questionable setlist they played on their 2010 tour sound great.

You are all a bunch of lucky bastards. Maiden hasn't been closer than 16-18 hours round trip from KC since 2000 (and I managed to miss that one). If Rush, VH, and Mayhem Fest weren't playing in my backyard this year, I would suck it up and make the trip to Denver or Chicago. I've resided in the fact years ago that I won't ever see them again, but at least I saw them in their prime, SIT, SSOASS and NPFTD tours.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 12 2012, 12:20 PM)
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/391500_3547280453908_257812725_n.jpg

Snyder's...official pretzel of the beast

laugh.gif Love it

Just wondering if any of you guys had seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq5PNFhkPWk...player_embedded

It's from Rock in Rio, but this was cut from the final version, I think...Britney Spears played on the same festival and lip-synched the whole thing, hence Bruce's rant.

The people that buy up all of the Event shirts and re-sell them should be shot . I got into the arena at 630 and all the Event shirts were gone, they are on E-bay today for $100 each . They should print more of them or only sell one per person . Sorry, just had to get that off my chest biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 12 2012, 02:11 PM)
The people that buy up all of the Event shirts and re-sell them should be shot . I got into the arena at 630 and all the Event shirts were gone, they are on E-bay today for $100 each . They should print more of them or only sell one per person . Sorry, just had to get that off my chest biggrin.gif

They were all gone by 6:30? Strange, I went to booth around 6:45ish and the merch boot I went to had event shirts still...I asked for a L and the lady grabbed one right out of the box. Seriously, I saw a box full of the NY/NJ event shirts at the booth I went to. There were multiple booths at the show from what I remembered. After the show I went to see if they still had it, but of course they were all gone.

I'm not sure if you know this, but they've recently put up all of the event shirts on this tour up for sale on the online Maiden shop. It's the same deal as the last few tours, it's the same shirt except no date on the back.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jul 12 2012, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 12 2012, 02:11 PM)
The people that buy up all of the Event shirts  and re-sell them should be shot . I got into the arena at 630 and all the Event shirts were gone, they are on E-bay  today for $100 each . They should print more of them or only sell one per person . Sorry, just had to get that off my chest biggrin.gif

They were all gone by 6:30? Strange, I went to booth around 6:45ish and the merch boot I went to had event shirts still...I asked for a L and the lady grabbed one right out of the box. Seriously, I saw a box full of the NY/NJ event shirts at the booth I went to. There were multiple booths at the show from what I remembered. After the show I went to see if they still had it, but of course they were all gone.

I'm not sure if you know this, but they've recently put up all of the event shirts on this tour up for sale on the online Maiden shop. It's the same deal as the last few tours, it's the same shirt except no date on the back.

I gave up after my 3rd booth laugh.gif The whole point for me is to have the Arena/Date on the back . Oh well

The show in Toronto was fantastic. Usually I can write up a decent review after I see a show but this show is just beyond words. Great singalong moments during most of the songs. The stage effects, the emense heat from the pyros and the Eddies were just great. Bruce has more energy than any other 54 year old man then i've ever seen. I'm 20 years younger than him and he's in way better shaoe than me. That's great for him but kind of sad for me laugh.gif

Yes, the place was packed to capacity. I was in section 203 and I looked back a few times all you could see was people going all the way back up to the lawn. I couldn't even tell where the lawn ended from where I was, so the people could've went on for miles for all I know laugh.gif The crowd was loud and into everything. One of the best crowds i've ever been a part of in my 20 years of going to concerts.

I will be seeing them on monday when they play here and I will be in the pit for that. This is easily one of the best shows i've seen and after seeing it from the pit in a few days it might just take the top spot. 1022.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

My first post, missed the first 3 songs and alice cooper, I drove from port dover friday 13 biker bash, long day, you can hear the crowd from the parking lot, it seems no one sits during a maiden show, great show, how was alice cooper. trink39.gif

QUOTE (DDOZZY @ Jul 15 2012, 03:37 AM)
My first post, missed the first 3 songs and alice cooper, I drove from port dover friday 13 biker bash, long day, you can hear the crowd from the parking lot, it seems no one sits during a maiden show, great show, how was alice cooper. trink39.gif

Alice Was great! I also found out when he played that Orianthi is his guitar player shes great!

QUOTE (DDOZZY @ Jul 15 2012, 02:37 AM)

Wait, you missed the first three songs of Maiden's show? Wow. I would be pissed if I missed that. In case you don't know, the first three songs for this tour are Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness and The Prisoner. Those three along with 2 Minutes to Midnight make for one of the best runs of songs to open a show i've ever seen. Alice was great at the Toronto show. If you've seen his tour over the last year it was just a shortened version of that.

For those that don't know who she is, the sexy and very talented female guitarist Orianthi has been playing in Cooper's live band for almost a year now.

Video of her with Cooper:

Song she did with Steve Vai a few years ago:

Solo song off her new EP:

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 15 2012, 09:55 AM)
did they play the prisoner?

yes.gif 1022.gif

It sounded great in Toronto and the crowd sang the chorus at the top of their lungs. Tonight I see them here and will be in the GA pit at the front of the stage bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 16 2012, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 15 2012, 09:55 AM)
did they play the prisoner?

yes.gif 1022.gif

It sounded great in Toronto and the crowd sang the chorus at the top of their lungs. Tonight I see them here and will be in the GA pit at the front of the stage bncegrn.gif

Who knows, maybe I'll run into you there.