The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 22 2012, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 22 2012, 03:18 AM)
Is Janick playing behind a curtain with his guitar unplugged this tour?

One can only dream... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

They should put him in an Eddie suit and be done with it.

And just to be sure, break his fingers.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 22 2012, 07:05 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 22 2012, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Jun 22 2012, 03:18 AM)
Is Janick playing behind a curtain with his guitar unplugged this tour?

One can only dream... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

They should put him in an Eddie suit and be done with it.

And just to be sure, break his fingers.

If they knew how to arrange the three guitars properly, can you imagine how kickass Phantom of the Opera (to name only one song) would sound? This one has tons of twin guitar riffs and solos, all over the place. 1022.gif 1022.gif

What an interesting setlist eh.gif

I take it they changed their minds about the whole "Maiden England" thing.

I've always been hoping that they'd drop some of their staples, and finally they have. Unfortunately, it's the only one I'd rather they have kept. Personally I could live without The Trooper, Two Minutes to Midnight etc. and especially Bored of the Dark...but why did it have to be Hallowed be thy Name (hopefully, by the time they get round to England next year, they'll swap out Smear of the Dork for hallowed...I can dream)

Plus the surprise return of a song I don't care about.

Well, Seventh Son, The Prisoner and Phantom of the Opera are cause for celebration at least cheer.gif

Edited by Your_Lion

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 22 2012, 06:59 AM)
Was Judas ever played live? It has such a catchy chorus! It's a shame they never gave it too much attention. I also like From Here to Eternity off FOTD, but overall that album was a huge disappointment. Weekend Warrior is probably the worst song Maiden ever did with Bruce.

Terrible song. All of their worst cuts with him either come off that disc or No Prayer For The Dying. Not a good period. Compound that with the two Bayley records and that was an abysmal decade for Maiden, holy God. biggrin.gif After Virtual XI I'd hung up my fan card. They were done...

I have seen 39 Maiden shows since the Killers tour in 1981 and this is only [ unless they change it] the 2nd Maiden show i will be seeing that they Don't do Hallowed . Afraid To Shoot Stangers is a Meh track if you ask me . We Still get FOTD but no Hallowed confused13.gif I am all for setlist changes but what happened to Killers , Die With Your Boots On and the rest of the Maiden England setlist they recored back in 88 ? Because i thought that is what we were getting . Why Aces High ? Just like i don't understand why they did Moonchild on the SBIT tour . When they started these tours they got it right. The Early Days tour was just that , the Early Days , the first 4 albums. It is still a great set but a little weird if you ask me . I don't however look foward to the next "Oldies" tour if we get stuck with No Prayer For The Dying and the Blaze years

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 22 2012, 07:21 AM)
I have seen 39 Maiden shows since the Killers tour in 1981 and this is only [ unless they change it] the 2nd Maiden show i will be seeing that they Don't do Hallowed . Afraid To Shoot Stangers is a Meh track if you ask me . We Still get FOTD but no Hallowed confused13.gif I am all for setlist changes but what happened to Killers , Die With Your Boots On and the rest of the Maiden England setlist they recored back in 88 ? Because i thought that is what we were getting . Why Aces High ? Just like i don't understand why they did Moonchild on the SBIT tour . When they started these tours they got it right. The Early Days tour was just that , the Early Days , the first 4 albums. It is still a great set but a little weird if you ask me . I don't however look foward to the next "Oldies" tour if we get stuck with No Prayer For The Dying and the Blaze years

The last part of your post is what intrigues me...much like P-D (and pretty much 99% of Maiden fans), I hate the period between No Prayer and Virtual XI. Will their next step in revisiting the history of the band be a tour of that period? I'm pretty sure Rod Smallwood won't let that happen...will they neglect this whole 10 year period then?

it's an Americanized set list -- many of the classics American audiences like such as Run to the Hills, Wasted Years,Trooper etc.

I agree Afraid ... is out of place. and it's dissappointing Hallowed isn't in the set. but, i still think it's a really great setlist.

i love the Prisoner. Wasted Years is fabulous. The Evil that Men Do was a real highlight on the tour last year.

it wouldn't surprise me if they changed it up a bit for the Euro audiences next year.

oh, and i'm glad they're not playing Infinite Dreams. i don't care for that song. but, i allow that many of you do and for you, i understand your disappointment.

I have seen 39 Maiden shows since the Killers tour in 1981 and this is only [ unless they change it] the 2nd Maiden show i will be seeing that they Don't do Hallowed .  Afraid To Shoot Stangers is a Meh track if you ask me . We Still get FOTD but no Hallowed confused13.gif  I am all for setlist changes but what happened to Killers , Die With Your Boots On and the rest of the Maiden England setlist they recored back in 88 ? Because i thought that is what we were getting . Why Aces High ? Just like i don't understand why they did Moonchild on the SBIT tour . When they started these tours they got it right. The Early Days tour was just that , the Early Days , the first 4 albums.  It is still a great set but a little weird if you ask me . I don't however look foward to the next "Oldies" tour if we get stuck with No Prayer For The Dying and the Blaze years

While i'm surprised they dropped Hallowed, I actually get why they might have done it. Except for FOTD just about every staple they've got, Wrathchild, NOTB, RTTH, The Trooper, 2 Mins, Evil Men Do have all been given a break at some point over the last few tours. I guess it's Hallowed's time to take a break on this go around. The way I see it is they dropped Hallowed in favor of 7th Son, which I don't think is a bad trade. I'm a little more disappointed that Infinite Dreams might not get played than I am that Hallowed was dropped. Still, I think it's a very good set and I will enjoy it a lot when I see them twice next month.

We still might be in for a change or two. Sometimes Maiden switches a song or two around after the first handful of shows if something isn't working the way they want it to. Like in 2010 when they made the confusing choice of dropping Brighter Than A Thousand Suns for Wrathchild or when they stopped rotating between Dance Of Death and Paschendale every other show.

I really, Really wanted Killers this tour

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 22 2012, 08:03 AM)
I really, Really wanted Killers this tour

I would've loved that since it one of the few Di'Anno songs I like. I'm good with them playing Phantom though since that and Killers are the two of the better songs from the Di'Anno era.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 22 2012, 07:27 AM)
I have seen 39 Maiden shows since the Killers tour in 1981 and this is only [ unless they change it] the 2nd Maiden show i will be seeing that they Don't do Hallowed .  Afraid To Shoot Stangers is a Meh track if you ask me . We Still get FOTD but no Hallowed confused13.gif  I am all for setlist changes but what happened to Killers , Die With Your Boots On and the rest of the Maiden England setlist they recored back in 88 ? Because i thought that is what we were getting . Why Aces High ? Just like i don't understand why they did Moonchild on the SBIT tour . When they started these tours they got it right. The Early Days tour was just that , the Early Days , the first 4 albums.  It is still a great set but a little weird if you ask me . I don't however look foward to the next "Oldies" tour if we get stuck with No Prayer For The Dying and the Blaze years

The last part of your post is what intrigues me...much like P-D (and pretty much 99% of Maiden fans), I hate the period between No Prayer and Virtual XI. Will their next step in revisiting the history of the band be a tour of that period? I'm pretty sure Rod Smallwood won't let that happen...will they neglect this whole 10 year period then?

I would like to think it would not happen laugh.gif but Maiden do not give a shit what people want , which i respect . I saw the VXI tour with Dio opening and Maiden heard Boos all set long . I think we get 1 more album and tour for it then 1 more "Oldies' tour and they call it a day

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 22 2012, 07:27 AM)

They might cover some highlights of that period. Bruce hasn't exactly avoided the Blaze years and does a great job IMPROVING those cuts. I doubt it'll be a full on tribute to those two records, but I could see them doing 5 or 6 cuts from them.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 22 2012, 09:35 AM)
HOW THE HELL DO THEY NOT PLAY INFINITE DREAMS?!! THATS RIDICUOUS

My guess is Jannick kept f***ing up something in the solos during rehearsals so Steve just said "f**k it" and decided to drop it. Is everyone cool with blaming Jannick for Infinite Dreams not being played?

If i had 1 Maiden wish, it would be for them to dump that dancing assclown for the last tour they ever do, they won't but i can wish . It is Crime to watch

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 22 2012, 09:42 AM)
If i had 1 Maiden wish, it would be for them to dump that dancing assclown for the last tour they ever do, they won't but i can wish . It is Crime to watch

Assclown is an apt description.

Yes. My wife and I had a KILLER time. Oh my God was it hot. Happy to get back to Asheville today. wink.gif Show was awesome. My wife really isn't a big fan of either band, although she's always liked the Somewhere In Time album, and even she was over the moon.

To me the 7th Son title track was the highlight. I just geeked the f**k out with that one. So glad to hear it.