The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 21 2012, 11:03 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 21 2012, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 21 2012, 09:47 AM)
Apparently they'll be playing Phantom of the Opera as well....if anyone's interested in the songs that were visible on Dave's paper it was this:

Phantom of the Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Wasted Years
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Run To The Hills

Holy Sh#%t!!!

That's exactly what I said....

I think that' what I just did. unsure.gif

No way on hell they do Strangers and not do Hallowed Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 21 2012, 05:38 PM)
No way on hell they do Strangers and not do Hallowed

Exactly. I also find it hard to believe that they'll bring back The Prisoner and 7th Son but not do Infinite Dreams. The fans have clamoring for that to get back in the set for years.

So is everyone OK with me updating this thread as each song gets played tonight? Or do people not want to be spoiled? I know a site that will have a live reporter at the show and he will be tweeting the songs right after they're played for both Cooper and Maiden.

At this point I don't think it's gonna make a difference if I don't check the setlist. We know they'll play most of Seventh Son/the Maiden England set so it's only a matter of which songs from Maiden England they won't play.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 21 2012, 08:40 PM)
If they don't have Hallowed (And it looks like they won't based on that setlist), I'm going to be very disappointed. My absolute favorite Iron Maiden song

I'm afraid that's the case. I'm not trying to sound like I'm complaining but most of this set is too similar to the Somewhere Back In Time tour.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 21 2012, 10:02 PM)
Maiden's set for opening night:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/...c-6bdf1ea6.html

A really good set overall. I am surprised they aren't playing Hallowed By Thy Name or Infinte Dreams, but they've gotta make room for a garbage song like Running Free somehow, right?

Although I did say it was too similar to the Somewhere Back In Time tour setlist, I'm kinda glad that was the case with some songs from that tour because I really wanted to hear Run To The Hills at least once before they drop it (I bet they won't play it on the next album cycle) and if it was even remotely possible, Aces High. Afraid To Shoot Strangers was the biggest shocker for me, and while it's not ought to be played on this history tour, I'm not complaining cause it's my favorite song from FOTD that isn't the title track. I'm still bemused by the fact that "fake" setlist was indeed the actual setlist because of what the band said with the whole "Oh Hallowed is a must play and blah blah blah". I'm very disappointed to see no Infinite Dreams, and I could do without Running Free because to be honest, I think Sanctuary's a better show closer.

Overall, it's a pretty good set and I shouldn't be complaining as much as I think I am. At least we got The Prisoner, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Can't wait to see them in Newark! 1022.gif

I think it's a great setlist. Afraid to Shoot Strangers is horribly out of place and just an average song, nothing special to it. But at least they're making an effort to shake the setlist up a bit. They come to South America almost every year nowadays, and in the past few tours I catually didn't go because it was more of the same. I'd easily pay to see this setlist though.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 22 2012, 02:26 AM)
I think it's a great setlist. Afraid to Shoot Strangers is horribly out of place and just an average song, nothing special to it. But at least they're making an effort to shake the setlist up a bit. They come to South America almost every year nowadays, and in the past few tours I catually didn't go because it was more of the same. I'd easily pay to see this setlist though.

Yeah, not a fan of that overrated cut either. I just don't see what some fans get out of that one. I'd rather hear Judas Be My Guide or Wasting Love from that album, personally.

Was Judas ever played live? It has such a catchy chorus! It's a shame they never gave it too much attention. I also like From Here to Eternity off FOTD, but overall that album was a huge disappointment. Weekend Warrior is probably the worst song Maiden ever did with Bruce.