The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 18 2012, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 18 2012, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 18 2012, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (kentpilot @ Jun 18 2012, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 18 2012, 04:12 PM)
unless you count number of the beast and the song iron maiden as confirmed

the confirmed Fear of the Dark and Hallowed the other night on a radio show (not rockline) Iron Maiden also confirmed NOTB not, they might not play it, they don't always play it.

Oh boy...FOTD confirmed for this tour? I don't think a majority of the IMFC Forums are going to be too happy with this...and as for a possibility of no NOTB, they didn't play it on the first leg of the A Matter of Life and Death Tour so this wouldn't be the first time they didn't play the song live. If they don't play NOTB on this leg, then I could definitely see them bringing it back for next year's leg of the tour.

FOTD is considered a staple but I really have no interest in seeing it live. I love it but I'd rather hear more 80s shit.

This will be my first time seeing Maiden live, so I'll make this occasion they play FOTD an exception. I love FOTD and all, but I think I've heard too many live renditions of it that I've lost interest in seeing it live. I rather they bring back Flight of Icarus, Stranger in a Strange Land, Caught Somewhere In Time, or Infinite Dreams on this tour instead. At least play some more Somewhere In Time songs other than Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait.

I don't know if someone brought this up yet, but Dave mentioned (I think on Rockline) that they're "considering" playing Alexander the Great on this tour. I wouldn't bet on them playing it live yet, but it's something to think about considering the band mentioned that they'll play songs fans are "dying to hear", unless those songs we're dying to hear are basically staples that weren't on the Maiden England set.

With Seventh son being played I don't think they will do Alexander we all want it.

I seriously am confused why FOTD was on the SBIT and will be on the Seventh son of a Seventh son tour

these concerts will be my 3rd, 4th and 5th

I'm very excited It's been 4 years since my first show yet my love only grows.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 18 2012, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 18 2012, 09:57 AM)
I read somewhere that they MAY try Deja Vu on this tour...I guess we have to wait a few more days to find out, huh?

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Where did you read that? I don't believe that song was ever played live. If Maiden doesn't play the song when they tour for that album, the song is never played live. I very much doubt this story is true.

I read it in this blog: http://www.pageofmind.com/2012/05/set-list...gland-tour.html

Sorry that it's in Portuguese, but you can see the song titles of the alleged setlist. It may not be true, but I'd say it's plausible. The blog entry itself says that the source is a group of Maiden fans called Maiden Bricks (notice the watermark in the setlist scan). Next to Clairvoyant it says (or DJV test).

That setlist is 99% believable

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 19 2012, 07:33 AM)

Yes, it is. I remember the set for their 2010 tour leaked online a day or two before the opening show and it was correct. This set is missing one song though as Maiden has been doing 16 songs a set every tour for awhile now. So maybe there's still one more to be added?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 19 2012, 07:33 AM)

Yes, it is. I remember the set for their 2010 tour leaked online a day or two before the opening show and it was correct. This set is missing one song though as Maiden has been doing 16 songs a set every tour for awhile now. So maybe there's still one more to be added?

If that's the actual set then I would be really happy with it.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:52 AM)
Damn, I was hoping they'd sneak in When The Wild Wind Blows or something off their new album. For some reason I expect a small blend of new and old, though mostly old.

Please dear god no. The last tour was all stuff from brave, dance, matter of life.

I want all old chit.

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 19 2012, 04:08 PM)
And didn't they do Heaven Can Wait on the SBIT tour? Great song, but I'd rather hear Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, or Stranger in a Strange Land.

They did Heaven Can Wait for the 2008 leg but dropped it the following year. I wish they played more Somewhere in Time songs. Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, Alexander the Great and Stranger in a Strange Land are way overdue. IDK if it's true but I heard that Adrian has something to do with the reason why they "retired" Stranger in a Strange Land.

QUOTE (Bone Roller @ Jun 19 2012, 05:57 PM)
think i'd rather hear the Clairvoyant over Deja Vu in the encore.

+2

I like Deja Vu but I think it's out of place in the encore set. What I think would be a decent idea is that they play both songs but place them somewhere in the middle of the main set and move Run To The Hills into the encore set, but switch places with Hallowed Be Thy Name so that it's now the last song of the show.

And didn't they do Heaven Can Wait on the SBIT tour? Great song, but I'd rather hear Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, or Stranger in a Strange Land.

OK, let's live in reality here, none of those are happening again. Stranger has a very small chance of coming back but there's no chance of the other two ever again. Sea Of Madness was only played a handful of times back in 1986 and then dropped for good. Caught Somewhere In Time was the opening song for that tour and then never played again.

There's still one song missing in that leaked set and i'm pretty sure it's Two Minutes To Midnight.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 09:02 PM)

OK, let's live in reality here, none of those are happening again. Stranger has a very small chance of coming back but there's no chance of the other two ever again. Sea Of Madness was only played a handful of times back in 1986 and then dropped for good. Caught Somewhere In Time was the opening song for that tour and then never played again.

There's still one song missing in that leaked set and i'm pretty sure it's Two Minutes To Midnight.

you never know what they are going to play though

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 19 2012, 09:18 PM)

you never know what they are going to play though

Yes you do. It's Maiden and their setlists are as predictable as anything when it comes to what old stuff they'll play. Especially when it's something like this tour where they're pratically telling you they're playing the set from the Seventh Son tour. Every song in that leaked set I knew would be played when the tour was announced. The only song I was a bit iffy on was Killers but if this set holds true, and it's very likely it will be, the song is getting played.

and I don't think anyone predicted that they'd be playing the entire AMOLAD album in 06

but yeah this setlist was very predictable but there's no reason to think they wouldn't try to throw in a surprise...

I'm gonna say the missing song is Wasted Years, but Two Minutes to Midnight would be my next choice as the missing song.

Dave and Adrian have now confirmed at least five songs on the set:

The Prisioner", "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", "Moonchild", "Fear of the Dark" and "Iron Maiden". Here's the source: http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

I also wish they played more of SIT songs. It's such a shame that Stranger in a Strange Land, Caught Somewhere in Time and Sea of Madness have not been played live for 26 years now! Deja Vu and Alexander the Great were never played live, and if I'm not wrong, they played The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner on the first shows of the tour in '86 and dropped it. To me SIT is the most unusual of all Maiden's albums. It may not be the best, which for me is still Powerslave, but it's the one that stands because it's quite different from the others. MAybe it's because Adrian gets more of the spotlight on that one, and he's by far the best guitar player Maiden has ever had.