The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 15 2012, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 15 2012, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 14 2012, 05:36 PM)
So we're going to the same show?

It appears so. biggrin.gif

Do post a review, you'll be giving most of us a nice sneak peak.

You'll know the setlist next thursday night when the tour starts. I know a few metal sites where people are gonna post the songs as they happen, or right after they're played on opening night. I'm gonna do my best to update what they're doing in this thread that night.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 17 2012, 12:23 PM)
bumper.gif

Just want to make sure this thread doesn't end up getting buried too deep before the tour starts on thursday 1022.gif

Thanks!

Cool thread, if any body is a paying IMFC member like myself you can find me on their forums with the same username! Who is going to see Maiden this summer Seventh Son tour pretty awesome

Got front row (early entrance passes)

to Philly and DC

and I'm seeing them with shit seats in detroit, very excited for all!

Anyone coming to meetups.

Seeing them twice this summer, once in Detroit (with Alice) and once here in dallas.

I'm not a big 7son fan, but I love the early stuff... Hope to hear a few tunes like Charlotte the Harlot, wasted years, and Killers.

Metal bump.................Tour starts in a few daze 1022.gif

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 18 2012, 09:57 AM)
I read somewhere that they MAY try Deja Vu on this tour...I guess we have to wait a few more days to find out, huh?

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Where did you read that? I don't believe that song was ever played live. If Maiden doesn't play the song when they tour for that album, the song is never played live. I very much doubt this story is true.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 18 2012, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 18 2012, 09:57 AM)
I read somewhere that they MAY try Deja Vu on this tour...I guess we have to wait a few more days to find out, huh?

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Where did you read that? I don't believe that song was ever played live. If Maiden doesn't play the song when they tour for that album, the song is never played live. I very much doubt this story is true.

I saw it as well on the IMFC board it was some bullshit setlist someone made up in photoshop.

The band already confirmed 4 songs to be played

One hasn't been played since 1988

well 1996 if you count bruce playing it live I KNOW I DO!

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Jun 17 2012, 09:31 PM)
Cool thread, if any body is a paying IMFC member like myself you can find me on their forums with the same username! Who is going to see Maiden this summer Seventh Son tour pretty awesome

to Philly and DC

Yo, Kentpilot - I'll be at the Jones Beach, Philly, DC, Newark, Denver and San Antonio meet ups.

You must be coming over on the FC trip. I'll be at the FC party in Philly, too.

You need to come back for some Rush shows.

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 18 2012, 04:12 PM)
unless you count number of the beast and the song iron maiden as confirmed

the confirmed Fear of the Dark and Hallowed the other night on a radio show (not rockline) Iron Maiden also confirmed NOTB not, they might not play it, they don't always play it.

QUOTE (Bone Roller @ Jun 18 2012, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (kentpilot @ Jun 17 2012, 09:31 PM)

to Philly and DC

Yo, Kentpilot - I'll be at the Jones Beach, Philly, DC, Newark, Denver and San Antonio meet ups.

You must be coming over on the FC trip. I'll be at the FC party in Philly, too.

You need to come back for some Rush shows.

I live in Ohio, I'll be seeing Rush on the third night of the tour! Pittsburgh!

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Jun 18 2012, 06:41 PM)

the confirmed Fear of the Dark and Hallowed the other night on a radio show (not rockline) Iron Maiden also confirmed NOTB not, they might not play it, they don't always play it.

Oh boy...FOTD confirmed for this tour? I don't think a majority of the IMFC Forums are going to be too happy with this...and as for a possibility of no NOTB, they didn't play it on the first leg of the A Matter of Life and Death Tour so this wouldn't be the first time they didn't play the song live. If they don't play NOTB on this leg, then I could definitely see them bringing it back for next year's leg of the tour.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 18 2012, 09:07 PM)

Oh boy...FOTD confirmed for this tour? I don't think a majority of the IMFC Forums are going to be too happy with this...and as for a possibility of no NOTB, they didn't play it on the first leg of the A Matter of Life and Death Tour so this wouldn't be the first time they didn't play the song live. If they don't play NOTB on this leg, then I could definitely see them bringing it back for next year's leg of the tour.

FOTD is considered a staple but I really have no interest in seeing it live. I love it but I'd rather hear more 80s shit.

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 18 2012, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Jun 18 2012, 09:07 PM)

FOTD is considered a staple but I really have no interest in seeing it live. I love it but I'd rather hear more 80s shit.

This will be my first time seeing Maiden live, so I'll make this occasion they play FOTD an exception. I love FOTD and all, but I think I've heard too many live renditions of it that I've lost interest in seeing it live. I rather they bring back Flight of Icarus, Stranger in a Strange Land, Caught Somewhere In Time, or Infinite Dreams on this tour instead. At least play some more Somewhere In Time songs other than Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait.

I don't know if someone brought this up yet, but Dave mentioned (I think on Rockline) that they're "considering" playing Alexander the Great on this tour. I wouldn't bet on them playing it live yet, but it's something to think about considering the band mentioned that they'll play songs fans are "dying to hear", unless those songs we're dying to hear are basically staples that weren't on the Maiden England set.