The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 2 2011, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (bigkostas @ Jan 1 2011, 05:12 PM)
IRON MAIDEN= HEAVY METAL.

Cheers..........................

yes.gif

Though I said i'm not a big fan of Di'Anno's voice I think i'll give the first two albums a listen again since I haven't heard them in awhile. When time passes your opinions sometimes change on things so i'll see what happens.

Did anyone see them on the tour they did last summer? It was an excellent show but I was kind irked that they decided to make the first 75 mins of the show, with the exception of 'Wrathchild', all material from 2000 to now. It was cool for them to do something different with the set, but there's really something missing when you go to see Maiden and they play nothing off of POM, PS, SIT and SSOASS.

Maybe it's just me unsure.gif

No, a lot of people were upset that they did that. They had just finished a tour of their greatest hits from the 80s so I guess they wanted to do newer stuff. They never come to my neck of the woods anymore (not in 20 years). I wouldn't mind any kind of setlist from them because I have not seen them in 25 years (Powerslave).

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 2 2011, 08:04 PM)

yes.gif

Though I said i'm not a big fan of Di'Anno's voice I think i'll give the first two albums a listen again since I haven't heard them in awhile. When time passes your opinions sometimes change on things so i'll see what happens.

Did anyone see them on the tour they did last summer? It was an excellent show but I was kind irked that they decided to make the first 75 mins of the show, with the exception of 'Wrathchild', all material from 2000 to now. It was cool for them to do something different with the set, but there's really something missing when you go to see Maiden and they play nothing off of POM, PS, SIT and SSOASS.

No, a lot of people were upset that they did that. They had just finished a tour of their greatest hits from the 80s so I guess they wanted to do newer stuff. They never come to my neck of the woods anymore (not in 20 years). I wouldn't mind any kind of setlist from them because I have not seen them in 25 years (Powerslave).

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to Maiden not playing my area. They haven't been here since Brave New World and that's why this year I decided to travel someplace to see them. My brother, nephew and myself made the three and a half hour drive down to Pittsburgh to see them. We would've made the shorter trip to Toronto but none of us had those enhanced driver's liscenses that they want you to get or new passports.

We were lucky enough to get genral admission tickets for the pit right in front of the stage. The only problem was they did the whole paperless ticket thing for it. I'm still not sure if i'm a fan of that or not since it was my first experience with but the venue seemed to handle it OK.

I was hoping some more classics would be in the set since it was my nephews first time seeing Maiden and I wanted him to hear stuff like The Trooper, 2 Minutes To Midnight and The Evil That Men Do for his first live Maiden show. He loved it anyways, plus he's got something to look forward to on the next classics tour Maiden does.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 4 2011, 12:50 PM)

yes.gif

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to Maiden not playing my area. They haven't been here since Brave New World and that's why this year I decided to travel someplace to see them. My brother, nephew and myself made the three and a half hour drive down to Pittsburgh to see them. We would've made the shorter trip to Toronto but none of us had those enhanced driver's liscenses that they want you to get or new passports.

We were lucky enough to get genral admission tickets for the pit right in front of the stage. The only problem was they did the whole paperless ticket thing for it. I'm still not sure if i'm a fan of that or not since it was my first experience with but the venue seemed to handle it OK.

I was hoping some more classics would be in the set since it was my nephews first time seeing Maiden and I wanted him to hear stuff like The Trooper, 2 Minutes To Midnight and The Evil That Men Do for his first live Maiden show. He loved it anyways, plus he's got something to look forward to on the next classics tour Maiden does.

Nice! Lets hope they do another classics tour. I will travel for that one. I will bring my son as well for he appreciates Maiden. He loves the new album as well as the old. Powerslave is his favorite.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 4 2011, 07:27 PM)

yes.gif

Nice! Lets hope they do another classics tour. I will travel for that one. I will bring my son as well for he appreciates Maiden. He loves the new album as well as the old. Powerslave is his favorite.

I've heard a rumor that the theme of the next classics tour is gonna be the one from the Seventh Son tour. Which would rule beyond belief since that's my favorite Maiden album 1022.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 4 2011, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 4 2011, 07:27 PM)

yes.gif

I've heard a rumor that the theme of the next classics tour is gonna be the one from the Seventh Son tour. Which would rule beyond belief since that's my favorite Maiden album 1022.gif

That would rock to the highest degree of all that does rock! I will travel far for that!

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 30 2010, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (Natural Rush @ Dec 29 2010, 12:09 PM)
A Matter Of Life And Death and the latest album are garbage

Like some others here I think both of those albums are quite good. I don't understand why if someone makes a thread to discuss with others fans their appreciation for a band why some people post stuff like this right away confused13.gif

How about you discuss what you like from the band? That's what the rest of us are here to do.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 7 2011, 02:26 AM)
Everytime I put on Killers I can't skip one track. It's perfection in every which way.

Yep, same with the first album also

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 8 2011, 06:09 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 7 2011, 02:26 AM)
Everytime I put on Killers I can't skip one track.  It's perfection in every which way.

Yep, same with the first album also

Hmmmm, a little less but still powerful. I think it suffers a little from the early production as well. I remember hearing 'Phantom' on the Live After Death vinyl upon release and couldn't believe how much better it sounded (even with BD singing). Damn those were good days!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 11 2011, 04:35 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jan 11 2011, 02:10 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jan 4 2011, 08:05 PM)
stranger in a strange land
after seventh son they went down the tubes imo.

goodpost.gif

no.gif

Not at all. I think Fear of the Dark is classic track. AMOLAD is as solid a release as some of their earlier material.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 11 2011, 05:46 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 11 2011, 04:35 AM)

goodpost.gif

no.gif

Not at all. I think Fear of the Dark is classic track. AMOLAD is as solid a release as some of their earlier material.

Don't forget about Brave New World either. I think that album is just as good if not better than some of the classic stuff from the 80s.

1022.gif 1022.gif Ghost Of The Navigator 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 11 2011, 10:35 PM)

goodpost.gif

no.gif

Really? You do surprise me.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jan 11 2011, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 11 2011, 10:35 PM)

goodpost.gif

no.gif

Really? You do surprise me.

Are you sure?