If you could pick an entire album to be played...

fonzbear2000

What album would you pick?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What album would you pick?

• Rush (1974)
    • Fly by Night (1975)
    • Caress of Steel (1975)
    • 2112 (1976)
    • A Farewell to Kings (1977)
    • Hemispheres (1978)
    • Permanent Waves (1980)
    • Moving Pictures (1981)
    • Signals (1982)
    • Grace Under Pressure (1984)
    • Power Windows (1985)
    • Hold Your Fire (1987)
    • Presto (1989)
    • Roll the Bones (1991)
    • Counterparts (1993)
    • Test for Echo (1996)
    • Vapor Trails (2002)
    • Snakes & Arrows (2007)

Ged... I feel terrible for being the first one to vote for Counterparts. It's a heavy record and has great songs on it. Though, I was torn between 2112, Test For Echo, Counterparts, and Snakes and Arrows.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Dec 28 2010, 01:54 AM)
Either Permanent Waves, Signals[/i] or Power Windows for this fan. 1022.gif Can't pick just one! wink.gif

You know, Power Windows sounds not so bad to me now. I agree with you there.

As well with the Permanent Waves.

You're right, it is hard to choose just one. biggrin.gif

I chose Permanent Waves but I would love to hear all of Signals and/or Power Windows as well and yes Geddy could handle the vocals on any of these 3 with ease.

Even though I love Hemispheres, PeW, Signals and GUP. I went with Hold Your Fire since I believe that album would run great live. Beside there are several songs off that album that have not been captured live.

Open Secrets, Second Nature, High Water. Tai Shan. Even though Lock and Key was recorded it only appears on Laser Disc. So you can throw that one into the list as well.

Can you imagine the visuals for Tai Shan? That would be amazing watching the guys playing in front of the Great Wall of China! The tour might look like this:

Set 1:

LimeLight

Analog kid

Kid Gloves

Cold Fire

Where's My Thing?

Caravan

Cut to the Chase

Test For Echo

MalNar

Show Don't Tell

Jacobs Ladder

Countdown

Middletown Dreams

Dreamline (With lasers)

Set 2:

Force Ten

Time Stand Still (with guess singer -Aimee Mann)

Open Secrets

Second Nature (on a Grand Piano -Lifted from below the stage)

Prime Mover (Anything can happen)

Lock and Key

Mission

Turn the Page (with bass solo)

Tai Shan

High Water

YYZ (again with Lasers)

Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ The Trees

2112 Overture/ Temples

Xanadu (Entire)

2112 Finale

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

Spirit of the Radio

I would really like to see the above mentioned tour!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Dec 28 2010, 03:54 AM)
Either Permanent Waves, Signals or Power Windows for this fan.  1022.gif  Can't pick just one!  wink.gif

Spot on feel the same. Any of those and I would have a woody.

MP was amazing. yeah we have heard most of it live...but to hear it in order and played at the orignal tempos for the most part was magical and gave me another new found appreciation for just how timeless that album really is.

And I look forward to hearing it one more time in March!!!

My vote went to Counterparts. I was originally going to pick Vapor Trails, but I would really love to see the entire Fear series played live. That would never work if they played all of VT.

Well, we just got MP, and as someone said, they play most of that anyway... They also played most of Permanent Waves in the last few tours... As a "classic" fan, I would pick Hemispheres to hear all of the title track done live, with AFTK a close second. I don't think they would ever do Hemispheres again, but we can hope. smile.gif

I voted VT, because I love it.

But RTB would be really nice too...the one-two punch of Dreamline and Bravado would be epic, and RTB live is much better than the studio. I'm not a fan of Face Up, but the boys can make it sound epic. Where's My Thing is a great instrumental, and perhaps they could extend it. The Big Wheel would sound awesome live, especially the chorus. Heresy would sound decent, and Ghost Of A Chance is absolutely stunning. I don't care much for the last two, but it'd definitely be interesting to see live performances of those.

I have to wonder who picked Self-titled...

I choose Permanent Waves. It's a realistic, logical, badass potential move for the next tour. They already play up to four of the songs from it. I know everyone wants to hear Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science in the same show.

Archived