Tron?

briremo

I did see it over the weekend. I was pretty bored though out, however my man loved it. I was surprised that I was bored, I usually love stuff like this, but the action was pedestrian, special effects were cool though, and I did like the music.

A friend of mine watched it with her two little boys and disliked it very very much.

Granted, she is not into science, sci-fi, or fantasy. But overall she was very displeased.

My best friend wants to see it since she liked the original.

I have no interest in it. Another movie has my attention this season.

I took my 2 kids to see it last night. I tried to talk them into seeing Harry Potter or Narnia, but they were adamant that we see Tron.

My review - lame. The only thing that kept my interest was Olivia Wilde. She was amazingly hot in that Tron outfit.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 20 2010, 07:15 PM)
I took my 2 kids to see it last night. I tried to talk them into seeing Harry Potter or Narnia, but they were adamant that we see Tron.

My review - lame. The only thing that kept my interest was Olivia Wilde. She was amazingly hot in that Tron outfit.

hmmmm 13 from House in "Troneon" piping? almose worth the price of admission alone

laugh.gif

I actually really enjoyed it. My fiance and I saw it in IMAX 3D and that was my first and only time seeing a movie in 3D (not a fan of the whole 3D craze) but thats not why I enjoyed it. I know if I saw it in 'regular' format, I would have enjoyed it just the same....the 3D just added to its coolness cool.gif .

I'm a fan of the first one (and Jeff Bridges biggrin.gif)so I was really excited about this new one to begin with. The graphics and everything were amazing. The story wasn't "gripping" but it was good for what it was. Jeff Bridges was excellent and the rest of the cast and characters were great too and I loved the music.

I think this movie was more for the people who were already a fan of Tron to being with yes.gif ...definitely not a movie for everyone no.gif

Edited by The Lost Xanadu

If your inclination to see this movie is at least 50%+ "I should see this", go see it on the biggest screen, with the best 3D quality possible.

If you do not see Tron: Legacy on a giant screen with lazers flying at your face, you will probably not like it.

I watched it under above circumstances though, and it was pretty enjoyable. Or should I say.... radical, man!

Saw TRON today.

Some Thoughts;

1. Story was about as uninteresting and undeveloped as anything I've ever seen.

2. Characters equally uninteresting. I only STARTED to care about them in the last 20 minutes.

3. Special Effects and choreography were fairly good to superior but only in very small doses.

4. The chick has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen.

I would not recommend anyone spend $60 for 4 people to see this movie, which is what we paid for IMAX 3D.

Sorry, just plain borring

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 20 2010, 02:43 PM)
I'm looking for the orig either on VHS or DVD so if anyone knows anyone...and after seeing the mediocre at best reviews here so far?

Was psyched now not so much

you won't find a new version, its been pulled. Should be rereleased in 2011. Might look for the used version, but you might have to pay a bit for it.

QUOTE (The Maples @ Dec 23 2010, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 20 2010, 02:43 PM)
I'm looking for the orig either on VHS or DVD so if anyone knows anyone...and after seeing the mediocre at best reviews here so far?

Was psyched now not so much

you won't find a new version, its been pulled. Should be rereleased in 2011. Might look for the used version, but you might have to pay a bit for it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Tron-DVD-20th-Anniversa...=item45f79680fc