Guitar players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

My main guitars are all from the Carvin / Kiesel factory in California.

G8vrQwL.jpg

My most recent acquisition is a guitar originally built by them for Joe Walsh. I'm really excited about this one, even if I'm not worthy of owning it.

LDny5NG.jpg

lStMIOL.jpg

Db5B3Ee.jpg

For many years I only played Carvin amps. Still have one of their tweed Nomad combos, along with a tweed Vintage 16 heard with a 4x10 speaker cab.

But for the last year or so I've been gigging almost exclusively with amps by Quilter. Have an Aviator Twin Ten combo and a MicroBlock 45 head. They're working out really well for me. 8)

• Like 4

My main guitars are all from the Carvin / Kiesel factory in California.

G8vrQwL.jpg

My most recent acquisition is a guitar originally built by them for Joe Walsh. I'm really excited about this one, even if I'm not worthy of owning it.

LDny5NG.jpg

lStMIOL.jpg

Db5B3Ee.jpg

For many years I only played Carvin amps. Still have one of their tweed Nomad combos, along with a tweed Vintage 16 heard with a 4x10 speaker cab.

But for the last year or so I've been gigging almost exclusively with amps by Quilter. Have an Aviator Twin Ten combo and a MicroBlock 45 head. They're working out really well for me. 8)

That is a beautiful guitar!

joe lovin him some carvin

hard to argue with that

I know, right?

That video made me want a California Carved Top from them SOOOO bad.

Finally got one a few years back. :)

Edited by ElfDude
  • Like 2

I am the owner of a Ephiphone Goldtop Les Paul, a Peavey guitar that looks like a red raptor but isn't quite that so I'm not exactly sure, and a Peavey acoustic. The Les Paul gets the most wear and the electric Peavey really just collects dust. Not the most outstanding guitars in the world, but they get the job done for me. I dream of the day when I can afford an ES-355 and a Gibson Les Paul.

Got a new addition to the stable a couple of months ago. Finally getting around to posting pictures.

About a year ago I was talking about having a Carvin PRS-type built, and I pulled the trigger earlier this spring.

As for the name on the headstock, the guitar building section of Carvin split off into a separate company this year, and now they're known under the name of Kiesel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Guitars/carvin2a_zps8micwpki.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Guitars/carvin4a_zps1rerrhvo.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Guitars/carvin3_zpsyai04pbr.jpg

I came across a youtube a couple of days ago of Joe Walsh lovin on his Carvin.

Gloss finished koa? Very nice, especially with the black hardware.

NGD - Music Man Albert Lee MM90

As if the Kiesel wasn't enough already, I found this guitar a couple of weeks ago and was completely enthralled with it. After figuring out how to work the overtime to pay for it, it arrived yesterday.

2020-12-15_08-20-28

• Like 2

As if the Kiesel wasn't enough already, I found this guitar a couple of weeks ago and was completely enthralled with it. After figuring out how to work the overtime to pay for it, it arrived yesterday.

https://flic.kr/p/2khnN6Q

When I first saw that Albert Lee many years ago I thought it was too weird looking, but I grew to like it. It looks really good with P90s. Both those axes are sweet.

When I first saw that Albert Lee many years ago I thought it was too weird looking, but I grew to like it. It looks really good with P90s. Both those axes are sweet.

I was not a huge fan of the body shape, either. Maybe I've just looked at it so much I'm just used to it now, to the point of actually liking it. And with this one in particular, the natural mahogany body and all rosewood neck is striking. Add to that the cream P-90's , knobs, and vibrato arm tip. It's just great.

I was not a huge fan of the body shape, either. Maybe I've just looked at it so much I'm just used to it now, to the point of actually liking it. And with this one in particular, the natural mahogany body and all rosewood neck is striking. Add to that the cream P-90's , knobs, and vibrato arm tip. It's just great.

VERY nice axe....it seems to cover all the bases for sound from clean to high gain. Is that three sets of humbuckers?...if so, it sounds like they are coil tapped as there is some very nice single coil type sounds in the low to medium gain range.

VERY nice axe....it seems to cover all the bases for sound from clean to high gain. Is that three sets of humbuckers?...if so, it sounds like they are coil tapped as there is some very nice single coil type sounds in the low to medium gain range.

They are P-90's, so they are higher output single coils that sound great when played in the 2 and 4 position on a 5-way Strat switching configuration. In fact, the 2 position (bridge and middle pickup) is where Albert Lee spends most of his time playing, so I'm sure Music Man made sure to voice the pickups to be especially Strat like when combined.)

The bridge pickup, to me, sounds like a beefed up super Telecaster bridge pickup, with plenty of twang and growl. The middle pickup sounds like a Strat neck pickup, maybe not as hollow sounding as my Strat, but that's the vibe I get right now. The neck pickup is full and rich, and not muddy at all like some , especially humbuckers, can be.

All five sounds are really usable.

• Like 3

NGD - Epiphone ES-335 https://imgur.com/gallery/549TNku

I've got my Alex Lifeson moment now with this ES-335.

Beauty. I love my cherry red Epiphone 335. Probably my favourite guitar for tone.

I was definitely open to buying a cherry red one, they just look great. But this is what Guitar Center had on display. But more than that, it felt and sounded amazing when I played it unplugged.

One thing I heard about buying a 335 is that you may have to try out several, or many, to get one you like. And that was my experience. I tried a Gibson 335, an Epihone 335, and an Epihone Sheraton before finding this one. I guess I'm lucky I didn't have to go through more.

• Like 1

Beauty. I love my cherry red Epiphone 335. Probably my favourite guitar for tone.

I was definitely open to buying a cherry red one, they just look great. But this is what Guitar Center had on display. But more than that, it felt and sounded amazing when I played it unplugged.

One thing I heard about buying a 335 is that you may have to try out several, or many, to get one you like. And that was my experience. I tried a Gibson 335, an Epihone 335, and an Epihone Sheraton before finding this one. I guess I'm lucky I didn't have to go through more.

I'm lucky, as well, that as much as I like the idea of owning the so-called real thing - the Gibson - I'm more than satisfied with the look, feel and tone of the Epiphone.

• Like 1

I'm lucky, as well, that as much as I like the idea of owning the so-called real thing - the Gibson - I'm more than satisfied with the look, feel and tone of the Epiphone.

My feelings precisely. :cheers:

• Like 2