Guitar players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/20131016_144634_zps89d341ea.jpg

This is a Buzz Feiten Guitars "T Pro." If all goes well tomorrow when I give it a plugged in test drive, I will put a lay-away deposit on it. Today I only had time to play it unplugged, but what a great feeling/playing guitar. It has a vintage C shaped neck that is as thick as my old Les Paul neck. The fingerboard radius is 14", so it is really flat and great for bending. And you can't beat that shade of blue.

simple, baby: carlo robelli acoustic, with some rusted strings.....and can pull off Closer to the Heart like the day i got her....12 years ago.... :codger:

Finally, it is New Guitar Day! And with the color, it more than adequately replaces the Gretsch. Now I just need to replace the pickups, and one or two other things, and I'll be set!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/IMG_13334378267848_zpsc7398e9a.jpg

• Like 2

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/20131102_152459_zpsc04a54a5.jpg

If ever a guitar was me, it is this one.

Sweet! Damn, I need a Tele. Details on that one, please.

It is a Fender Standard Telecaster Satin. The color is Arizona Sun. It is made in Mexico, but it has hotter pickups (which I still plan to swap soon) and Fender tuners that you would find on an American Standard Telecaster. I just fell in love with the color, and all of the satin urethane finished guitars come with rosewood fretboards. It has 21 medium jumbo frets, and a modern C shaped neck. It also has a 6 saddle modern bridge.

Pretty fretboard. You need a Lester though. ;)

The fingerboard is amazing. All of my guitars have rosewood now. But this new one is striking, especially with the color of the body.

I had a Les Paul that I never played. If I want humbuckers, I'll play my Music Man.

And the pickups on the Telecaster sound a lot better than I thought they would. I may very well end up keeping them.

I DID say I needed a Tele, did I not?

Me and a friend went to GC today. They had a 15% off trade-in sale, so he brought in a few things and picked up a new Deluxe Reverb. Meanwhile I was sitting there playing a new Tele that I couldn't put down. My friend (owner of two Teles) sat down and he played it too, and of course he suggested I buy it. Easy for him to say! He asked the sales guy, "What can you do if he got this Tele?" "I'll take 15% off of that, too." Pretty good considering I didn't bring anything to trade in.

So I bought it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Guitars/Tele2_zpsbc9de815.jpg

MIM FSR Tele, butterscotch, hot standard pickups, ash body, classic three saddle bridge with brass inserts. The neck and frets are very nice. $461 with tax. Happy!

• Like 5

Me and a friend went to GC today. They had a 15% off trade-in sale, so he brought in a few things and picked up a new Deluxe Reverb. Meanwhile I was sitting there playing a new Tele that I couldn't put down. My friend (owner of two Teles) sat down and he played it too, and of course he suggested I buy it. Easy for him to say! He asked the sales guy, "What can you do if he got this Tele?" "I'll take 15% off of that, too." Pretty good considering I didn't bring anything to trade in.

MIM FSR Tele, butterscotch, hot standard pickups, ash body, classic three saddle bridge with brass inserts. The neck and frets are very nice. $461 with tax. Happy!

Hot Standard pickups. Sounds like you got what I got. Is the neck on yours a Modern C? And what about the radius? Mine is 9.5". Yours should be that, or the more vintage 7.25"

That is a sweet looking guitar. Very 1952 looking.

A couple of other things I've noticed about your guitar. You have what look to be the more modern tuners, like mine has I have those on both of my American Strats. They are excellent. Your saddles are the more preferable brass, as opposed to steel. But most impressive, your control plate is reverse loaded! The knob closest to your picking hand should be the volume. I wish my guitar had come like that!

Was the Deluxe Reverb your buddy bought one of the new Silver Face ones, or was it a Black Face 65 Reissue? Both are sweet amps, I'm just curious. I have a 1975 Silver Face Deluxe Reverb that I love, after finally learning how to make it sound great at a jam. Edited by Sheldon Cooper
  • Like 1

Was tge Deluxe Reverb your buddy bought one of the new Silver Face ones, or was it a Black Face 65 Reissue? Both are sweet amps, I'm just curious. I have a 1975 Silver Face Deluxe Reverb that I love, after finally learning how to make it sound great at a jam.

Blackface Reissue. It's the amp I was playing the Tele through the whole time. Nice amp.

Hot Standard pickups. Sounds like you got what I got. Is the neck on yours a Modern C? And what about the radius? Mine is 9.5". Yours should be that, or the more vintage 7.25"

A couple of other things I've noticed about your guitar. You have what look to be the more modern tuners, like mine has I have those on both of my American Strats. They are excellent. Your saddles are the more preferable brass, as opposed to steel. But most impressive, your control plate is reverse loaded! The knob closest to your picking hand should be the volume. I wish my guitar had come like that!

Modern C neck, 9.5 radius. Modern tuners, too.

Yes, the volume knob is right there by my pinky. As a Strat player I appreciate that very much. The reverse plate and brass saddles are things I would have done/added to a Tele had I bought one without those things. That this one already had them was a total win. I got a 15% discount on a guitar that has extras above a normal MIM and I don't have to do any mods to it. Plug and play!

And I love the ash body -- this guitar is not too heavy and it rings very nicely.

• Like 1

Yes, the volume knob is right there by my pinky. As a Strat player I appreciate that very much. The reverse plate and brass saddles are things I would have done/added to a Tele had I bought one without those things. That this one already had them was a total win. I got a 15% discount on a guitar that has extras above a normal MIM and I don't have to do any mods to it. Plug and play!

9.5 radius, too???

Holy crap, I would LOVE that guitar!

The first tele I bought, summer of 2012, was a Crafted in Japan 52 reissue. It was really well made, and it had Texas Special pickups. But it had a V shaped neck, and a 7.25" radius. I never grew to like it, and ended up selling it 5 months later. The great thing was that I bought it for $400, and I sold it for $515.

And for the record, my guitar was $499. But I bought it at a place where my step-brother works. I got 20% off the guitar, a great gig bag, and some Dunlop strap locks.

I might need to see if I can find your guitar close to me!

9.5 radius, too???

Holy crap, I would LOVE that guitar!

The first tele I bought, summer of 2012, was a Crafted in Japan 52 reissue. It was really well made, and it had Texas Special pickups. But it had a V shaped neck, and a 7.25" radius. I never grew to like it, and ended up selling it 5 months later. The great thing was that I bought it for $400, and I sold it for $515.

And for the record, my guitar was $499. But I bought it at a place where my step-brother works. I got 20% off the guitar, a great gig bag, and some Dunlop strap locks.

I might need to see if I can find your guitar close to me!

They threw in a Fender gig bag with mine too. A used one, but so what! I stole the strap locks off my LP and put them on the Tele as soon as I get 'er home.

• Like 1