Guitar players!

CygnusX-1Bk2

What are you playing on these days?

My arsenal currently:

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus (AA top, very pretty) in Lightburst finish. Modified: removed stock BurstBucker Pros replaced with Classic 57 Zebras in both neck and bridge, tapped for single coils and phase.

Rickenbacker 360-12 Fireglo finish

Epiphone Les Paul in honeyburst finish, nice flametop. When I met Les himself he confessed to preferring some Epiphones to Gibsons when I showed him some catalogs of both.

Epiphone Sheraton II (Natural finish)

Fender Squire Stratocaster (another well spent $200, when Squire's were decent, same color as my J Bass)

Martin D-1 acoustic

Martin SPD-16R acoustic

Washburn W 240 12 string acoustic (a bargain at $120)

Amps:

Marshall Class 5 combo

Fender Deluxe Reverb

Fender Sidekick 15 open back combo

Fender Sidekick 15R closed back, ported combo

Fender Princeton 112 combo

Electar (Epiphone) Tube 30 combo

FX:

MXR Distortion + (Original issue)

Boss Acoustic Simulator

Ibanez Multi Effects rack unit (analog compressor, phaser, overdrive, Stereo Chorus/Flanger and loop)

Cry Baby Wah (Classic)

DigiTech RP7 digital effects processor

DOD Wah/Volume

*edited for content because this is so old but somebody liked it. :)

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2
  • Like 2

GUITARS

- Fender Strat (American) with a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack single coil humbucker in the bridge position.

- Gibson Les Paul with a Duncan Jeff Beck in the bridge position and a Duncan '59 in the neck position

- Peavey fretless bass (a cheapie...just for fun)

- Fender Mustang (disassembled at the moment)

- 1940-something Gibson L42 (?)

AMPS

Marshall 2x12 50w combo (all tube), Sam Ash 4x10 speaker cabinet

EFFECTS

In the rack...

- Alesis Midiverb 4

- Alesis Microverb 4

- Ross stereo 15-band EQ

- dbx dual noisegate

- Boss Compressor

- Digitech Harmonizer

- MXR Flanger (converted for rack use)

Some old school effects in there, but they work!

I've been playing for 5 years and one thing to say...guitar makes me happy smile.gif

Here this is what I have Yamaha acoustic/electric APX-7A in a fade blue smile.gif

And an Electric GIO Ibenez.....it's quite old...but will do

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/snowraider_13/100_1829.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/snowraider_13/100_1828.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/snowraider_13/guitar.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/snowraider_13/100_1837.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/snowraider_13/100_18349.jpg

MAN I gotta clean the guitars! by the way some jackass in back in grade 9 went into my guitar case...which was locked by 2 locks! and took it out and played it I guess and scratched the bottom of it really bad! I didn't catch the guy....but one time I went into the music room and people are playing my guitar! I fliped out....cuz it is a $800 and I could not believe they broke into it!!! I was mad!! and the school board was going to pay for the damage but they never did!!! GRRRRR mad.gif

my gear.

1961 Gibson SG reissue

5 string Ibanez SDGR bass

1960's Hofner acoustic

70's Odessa acoustic

Roland GP100 guitar prosessor/preamp

Jim dunlop GCB-95 Wah pedal

Trace Elliot GP12-SMX Bass Preamp

50 watt Ampeg tube amp 1/2 stack with 4 vintage 30 celestion drivers

Sun tube bass amp

Peavy backstage plus practice amp

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 17 2004, 07:09 PM)
I've been playing for 5 years and one thing to say...guitar makes me happy  smile.gif 

Here this is what I have Yamaha acoustic/electric APX-7A in a fade blue  smile.gif 
And an Electric GIO Ibenez.....it's quite old...but will do

MAN I gotta clean the guitars! by the way some jackass in back in grade 9 went into my guitar case...which was locked by 2 locks!  and took it out and played it I guess and scratched the bottom of it really bad!  I didn't catch the guy....but one time I went into the music room and people are playing my guitar! I fliped out....cuz it is a $800 and I could not believe they broke into it!!! I was mad!! and the school board was going to pay for the damage but they never did!!! GRRRRR  mad.gif

That reminds me of my first gig ever, it was at a graduation party in 1986. I was a little nervous because I never played in front of a large crowd before. We set everything up on stage and did a sound check. we were going to party for an hour or so with everyone and as it got dark we were going to start playing. This drunk guy walked up without anyone seeing and he grabbed my guitar and started playing it. I heard it so I went to see who was on my guitar and as I walked up he walked until the chord pulled my whole amp over. It messed up my amp head and it wouldnt work. We had 20 minutes until we were going to start playing. The only thing we could do is use the practice amp I had and mic it through the PA. It was a junky peavey amp with 1-8" speaker in it and it didn't have any distortion in it at all.

I had to play Iron maiden, sabbath, dio and motley crew playing with a clean tone. It sounded like pure shit but I finished the gig. People were so drunk that they thought it sounded killer. It was my worse gig ever but at least it was out of the way and it only got better after that.

Edited by Indica

Been playing for 21 years (and guitar makes me happy too D-13 wink.gif ) and I have only amassed 2 guitars in my collection. I have a Martin Sigma Classical acoustic (circa late 1960's) and a Takamine EF341C Steel String Acoustic/Electric w/4-band EQ (looks like this: Takamine EF341C - except mine is signed by Steve Wariner (country guitar player). I am looking into getting a Martin Classical Backpacker Martin Classical Backpacker (rather fugly lookin, but is a solid, smaller scale traveling guitar - good to have for trips smile.gif ) and a Gibson Chet Atkins model Classical Electric/Acoustic...Chet Atkins CEC Edited by LakesideMaiden

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 25 2004, 04:24 PM)
Been playing for 21 years (and guitar makes me happy too D-13 wink.gif ) and I have only amassed 2 guitars in my collection. I have a Martin Sigma Classical acoustic (circa late 1960's) and a Takamine EF341C Steel String Acoustic/Electric w/4-band EQ (looks like this: Takamine EF341C - except mine is signed by Steve Wariner (country guitar player). I am looking into getting a Martin Classical Backpacker Martin Classical Backpacker (rather fugly lookin, but is a solid, smaller scale traveling guitar - good to have for trips smile.gif ) and a Gibson Chet Atkins model Classical Electric/Acoustic...Chet Atkins CEC

sweet! thats soooo cool that you got yours signed!!! trink36.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 25 2004, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 25 2004, 04:24 PM)
Been playing for 21 years (and guitar makes me happy too D-13 wink.gif ) and I have only amassed 2 guitars in my collection.  I have a Martin Sigma Classical acoustic (circa late 1960's) and a Takamine EF341C Steel String Acoustic/Electric w/4-band EQ (looks like this: Takamine EF341C - except mine is signed by Steve Wariner (country guitar player).  I am looking into getting a Martin Classical Backpacker Martin Classical Backpacker (rather fugly lookin, but is a solid, smaller scale traveling guitar - good to have for trips smile.gif  ) and a Gibson Chet Atkins model Classical Electric/Acoustic...Chet Atkins CEC

sweet! thats soooo cool that you got yours signed!!! trink36.gif

Thanks and yeah it was smile.gif I lucked out and got 2 passes to a radio show that they did at the local country station...brought my guitar in, they held it until the end of the show and I walked up to Steve, told him my lifes musical story (after he asked about the guitar of course), he said that's really cool...I started out like that too smile.gif Then told me good luck, signed my guitar, got my picture taken with him and I was on cloud nine for the rest of the month!

Hello! New guy here. Here's my current guitar line up. It changes often though. I have a mid-80's Jackson strat also but it's getting re-finished at the moment.

Custom Shop Gibson Les Paul

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1031_p15916.jpg

1989 Custom Shop Fender HLE Strat

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p15919.jpg

92 American Standard Tele

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p15918.jpg

Fender 50's RI Strat

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p15920.jpg

87 Squire Strat

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p15921.jpg

80's ESP Tele

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p16098.jpg

My amps are: Marshall JCM 800 50 watt & JCM 800 4/12 cab, Peavey Classic 50 2/12, Peavey Stereo Chorus 400, and a Peavey Bandit 65. I have a collection of vintage MXR pedals. My Main pedal board has a Fulltone FDII, Fulltone Supatrem, Boss CS2, Dunlop Volume, Boss TU12, and an old Ibanez ADL Analog Delay. My Backup board has : old Ibanez Super Tube, Boss CS2, old two knob Boss Chorus, Dunlop 535 (old version), Dunlop Volume, Boss TU12, and another old Ibanez ADL.

Greg

Edited by Fendercrazy

Nice Les Paul Florentine! Very rare! I have never seen one in person but imagine it's got the best of the both worlds.

I, myself, am deeply jealous.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (Fendercrazy @ Sep 29 2004, 02:45 PM)
Hello! New guy here. Here's my current guitar line up. It changes often though. I have a mid-80's Jackson strat also but it's getting re-finished at the moment.
Custom Shop Gibson Les Paul
http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1031_p15916.jpg
1989 Custom Shop Fender HLE Strat
http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p15919.jpg
92 American Standard Tele
http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p15918.jpg
Fender 50's RI Strat
http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p15920.jpg
87 Squire Strat
http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p15921.jpg
80's ESP Tele
http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/02522a2b2726fb0a03bb19f2d8d9524d/1032_p16098.jpg
My amps are: Marshall JCM 800 50 watt & JCM 800 4/12 cab, Peavey Classic 50 2/12, Peavey Stereo Chorus 400, and a Peavey Bandit 65. I have a collection of vintage MXR pedals. My Main pedal board has a Fulltone FDII, Fulltone Supatrem, Boss CS2, Dunlop Volume, Boss TU12, and an old Ibanez ADL Analog Delay. My Backup board has : old Ibanez Super Tube, Boss CS2, old two knob Boss Chorus, Dunlop 535 (old version), Dunlop Volume, Boss TU12, and another old Ibanez ADL.

Greg

Firstly Fendercrazy, welcome welcome smile.gif Secondly *THUD* (lakeside faints) drool....verreh nice collection you got there smile.gif I for one love Fender's myself, they are second only to Gibsons in my book smile.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 30 2004, 12:43 AM)
Firstly Fendercrazy, welcome welcome smile.gif  Secondly *THUD* (lakeside faints) drool....verreh nice collection you got there smile.gif  I for one love Fender's myself, they are second only to Gibsons in my book smile.gif

You'll have to excuse my sister, she's developed a problem with gravity lately (((grin)))

I must concur with her, ALL of these photos are a delight to a guitarist's eyes.

Being a Gibson Gal myself, (with an appreciation for ANY good instrument) that LP is SWEET!

Sister-Mine, should I post some of the Dad & his Maplecaster?

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 30 2004, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Sep 30 2004, 02:28 PM)
<snip>

oh yes, post mine and daddy's guitter smile.gif we made it ourselves smile.gif I luv that guitar like it was me own!

OK, when I get back to school Monday, I will try & locate and make web-friendly some shots of the Maplecaster, Disastercaster & MY baby, the 175 smile.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Oct 3 2004, 01:28 AM)
<snip>

oh yes, post mine and daddy's guitter smile.gif we made it ourselves smile.gif I luv that guitar like it was me own!

OK, when I get back to school Monday, I will try & locate and make web-friendly some shots of the Maplecaster, Disastercaster & MY baby, the 175 smile.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

applaudit.gif bumper.gif applaudit.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Edited by LakesideMaiden

<snip>

In really need to see what a Disastercaster looks like... ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 3 2004, 08:29 AM)
<snip>

In really need to see what a Disastercaster looks like... ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

There's a long story behind that....see when my dad was making that guitar, he had many mishaps. The first thing that happened, after he had stained the body )of course), was he accidentally dropped a screwdriver on the body of the guitar, and it made a slight depression in the wood. Now, my father being the perfectionist that he is, had to sand down that spot on the body to take the depression out, then restain that area, match it up perfectly, then go and refinish the whole thing....sigh....it was a long process. Then when he was putting on the backplate, he drilled the hole for one of the screws too deep, and had to put a bit of dowel into the hole to fill it up...then when he was filing the graphite nut, he filed down too far on (i think) 3 of them....finally the fourth was good. So he dubbed that one the DisasterCaster and so it has been ever since, and you will often hear him say that you will never hear a sweeter sounding guitar in the world wink.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 4 2004, 12:40 AM)
Great story! Brian May still plays the same guitar he and his dad built years ago, and no guitar sounds quite like it.

The lead that Brian May plays in "we will rock you" has a sound that I have never heard in my life. AlexFinal.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 4 2004, 01:40 AM)
Great story! Brian May still plays the same guitar he and his dad built years ago, and no guitar sounds quite like it.

Thanks smile.gif yeah not too many sound as sweet as that one...except the Maplecaster, which is the one he and I made together smile.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Oct 3 2004, 11:07 PM)

The lead that Brian May plays in "we will rock you" has a sound that I have never heard in my life. AlexFinal.gif

That's Old Red through Vox amps. May's Old Red was quite innovative when he made it. Each pickup has a polarity switch. It is a very versatile guitar. Made from the mantle of his parent's fireplace.