The Big Bang Theory

snowdogged

Now that season four is over I figured i'd revive this thread to see what everyone thought about it.

The first half of the season I thought was very good and just as good as anything in the first three. But for some reason this season feel a little flat with me towards the end. There were still funny moments but something is missing for me.

I think a lot of it has to do Penny not being as involved with the guys as much due to Leonard and Pria's realationship. I don't have a problem with Pria at all but one of the best thing about the show is Penny's interactions with the guys. It looks like Pria might be out of the picture now after the finale so hopefully it goes back more to the original format. Penny sleeping with Raj is a funny plot twist and i'm interested to see where they go with that.

I read the show has been renewed up to a seventh season. Let's hope CBS didn't jump the gun on that and the show can keep up the standard it's set for three more seasons.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 7 2011, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 7 2011, 08:46 AM)
http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nerd-venn-diagram-20090915-092804.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_b9qNoeZofgM/S_h0VJ03IzI/AAAAAAAAG0o/Nnv5SYK2lJ0/s1600/geek-nerd-dork.jpg

According to both charts, I am a geek. |D

Huzzah.

Looking at the second chart... OMG I'm NORMAL?! Seriously?!! I love this thread!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Gilby and I only just into the big bang theory. Its hilarious! Sheldon's brilliant. That episode when he throws the papers in the air and one lands on his shoulder and he manages to stay in character! Well done!

I love the show, but I think they're making Sheldon just a little too obsessive in this season. They need to tone it down because it seems they're relying on him a little too much for the humor. That will backfire in the long run (look at Charlie Harper from 2.5 men). Don't get me wrong though, it's still a great show.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 13 2011, 05:17 PM)
I love the show, but I think they're making Sheldon just a little too obsessive in this season. They need to tone it down because it seems they're relying on him a little too much for the humor. That will backfire in the long run (look at Charlie Harper from 2.5 men). Don't get me wrong though, it's still a great show.

I didn't feel that way about Sheldon this season. When the DVD comes out for it i'll watch it back and see if I get what you're talking about.

Sheldon's obsessive behavior has made this show what it is. Without him the show would not have taken off the way it has. But as show's go on they tend to get more wacky and out there in order to top what happened the previous year.

I agree with Leonard though, "Sheldon is one lab accident away from becoming a supervillian" Let's hope the show doesn't take it that far ever.

As someone who's a big Battlestar Gallactica fan I wonder if they're gonna have Katee Sackhoff appear as Howards fantasy girl again next year? I thought that episode was funny and adding George Takei to it was a nice touch to.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 14 2011, 11:23 AM)

I didn't feel that way about Sheldon this season. When the DVD comes out for it i'll watch it back and see if I get what you're talking about.

Sheldon's obsessive behavior has made this show what it is. Without him the show would not have taken off the way it has. But as show's go on they tend to get more wacky and out there in order to top what happened the previous year.

I agree with Leonard though, "Sheldon is one lab accident away from becoming a supervillian" Let's hope the show doesn't take it that far ever.

As someone who's a big Battlestar Gallactica fan I wonder if they're gonna have Katee Sackhoff appear as Howards fantasy girl again next year? I thought that episode was funny and adding George Takei to it was a nice touch to.

Yeah, bringing in nerd icons onto the show makes it that much funnier. I don't think it was this season but the episode with Wil Wheaton was pretty good. What made the show for me was all of the nerdy comic book/battlestar/star trek/wars jokes. Sheldons personality was the cherry on the cake until recently.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 14 2011, 11:45 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 14 2011, 11:23 AM)

Yeah, bringing in nerd icons onto the show makes it that much funnier. I don't think it was this season but the episode with Wil Wheaton was pretty good. What made the show for me was all of the nerdy comic book/battlestar/star trek/wars jokes. Sheldons personality was the cherry on the cake until recently.

Yeah, the nerdy jokes are great and really make you realize how much of a geek you really are if you weren't quite aware of it yet laugh.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 14 2011, 10:23 AM)

I didn't feel that way about Sheldon this season.

Sheldon's obsessive behavior has made this show what it is.

trink39.gif

I agree. I also don't think they made Sheldon excessively "obsessive." It's just part of his character, part of what we love about him. And some of the humor comes from him unexpectedly going OUTSIDE his comfort zone and doing something we don't anticipate - like him using Gangsta slang ("mack daddy") or playing Guitar Hero. It's the same reason that audiences loved Spock: he's this logic-bound, unemotional character who sometimes acts unexpectedly "human," and thus makes us laugh. They're doing the same thing with braniac Sheldon.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 15 2011, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 14 2011, 10:23 AM)

I didn't feel that way about Sheldon this season.

Sheldon's obsessive behavior has made this show what it is.

trink39.gif

I agree. I also don't think they made Sheldon excessively "obsessive." It's just part of his character, part of what we love about him. And some of the humor comes from him unexpectedly going OUTSIDE his comfort zone and doing something we don't anticipate - like him using Gangsta slang ("mack daddy") or playing Guitar Hero. It's the same reason that audiences loved Spock: he's this logic-bound, unemotional character who sometimes acts unexpectedly "human," and thus makes us laugh. They're doing the same thing with braniac Sheldon.

Yeah, Spock is definitely an influence in how the creators made Sheldon.

I'm not saying that Sheldon is the only thing that makes it work though. The writing and the rest of the cast is fantastic as well. It's just Jim Parsons performance is so great and unique that it's really makes the show funnier and separates it even more from the rest of the sitcoms on today.

I can't imagine how much Jim Parsons has gotta rehearse to get some of the stuff down that he's done on the show. Like the bit where explains to Raj how to play Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock. laugh.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 18 2010, 11:39 AM)
I've seen episodes that I thought were funny. This week's episode looked funny based on the ad. It looked the guys were dressed up in their favorite super hero costume. They asked the blonde girl what universe was she supposedly from because of her Wonder Woman costume. I meant to watch it but missed it I think.

Saw this episode for the first time last Thursday. Brilliant!