The Big Bang Theory

snowdogged

That show is hilarious! The writers for that show are geniuses! They seem to be so knowledgeable on pretty much any geeky subject you can think of and they are funny! Some of the episodes are so funny that I pretty much don't stop laughing though the whole show. The actors also play their parts very well and are good comedic actors.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 15 2010, 03:32 PM)
That show is hilarious! The writers for that show are geniuses! They seem to be so knowledgeable on pretty much any geeky subject you can think of and they are funny! Some of the episodes are so funny that I pretty much don't stop laughing though the whole show. The actors also play their parts very well and are good comedic actors.

I watch this show religiously. I love all the Star Trek, Star Wars, and various other sci-fi references. Hilarious show.

Sheldon is certainly the star of the show, but the other characters are a great supporting cast.

The episodes are well written and unique.

I love it...

Bazinga!!

YES! It's been one of my three favorite shows since it first aired. I've got all the DVD's and watch it religiously every week.

I've also contributed a lot of posts about it to the following three-page thread, which we started over a year ago:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...big+bang+theory

Check out what the rest of us are saying about it.

I have to be honest, at first I didn't like the show because of Sheldon. He was so damned annoying that you just wanted to take him and beat the shit out of him.

And now I think he's the funniest thing on television. This show is a riot. My favorite episode is when they explain how the elevator broke. Just hilarious.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 15 2010, 05:04 PM)
YES!  It's been one of my three favorite shows since it first aired.  I've got all the DVD's and watch it religiously every week.

I've also contributed a lot of posts about it to the following three-page thread, which we started over a year ago:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...big+bang+theory

Check out what the rest of us are saying about it.

Thanks for the link! I just got into it about two months ago but have seen quite a few episodes because there is a stream on Justin.tv that plays the episodes continuously. The stream is not always up but it's usually up for a good eight to twelve hours, usually beginning at night.

Yeah, Sheldon is definitely the best characters on any show in a long time! He's right up there with Reverend Jim(Iggy) from Taxi and DR. Johnny Fever from WKRP.

Personally, I think that it would be great if they were to make a Big Bang Theory movie. They could have some situation where they have to become spies and have to save the world or something like that. I know that sounds cliche but I think that these are the perfect characters for that type of movie.

Edited by snowdogged

Sheldon and his coitus...that just cracks me up. And Amy Farrah Fawler has been a very funny addition of late. That episode with the slumber party was a scream! rofl3.gif

JIM PARSONS.

♥ ♥ ♥

I adore him. He totally deserved his Emmy. Such a fabulous actor!

But of course I love everything else about BBT, too. The fact that Penny is from Nebraska just makes me happy beyond belief (that episode where Leonard came over to watch a football game had me cracking up) and Amy is an amazing addition to the show.

And WIL WHEATON! I squee whenever he comes up.

I love the show. I've been watching it since it started and it's probably the most consistantly funny sitcom on right now. Every episode there's always a few lines where I z7shysterical.gif

Sheldon has emerged as the standout character on this show, considering Leonard was the main focus originally, and I think Sheldon is one of the biggest reasons for the shows success. The whole cast and the writting is top notch though.

I've always thought I was a bit geeky but this show has made me realize just how big of a one I am. Because i'm always laughing at a lot of the sci-fi and comic book referrences they make biggrin.gif

At first, I was reluctant to watch as I feared the show was demeaning geeks, but once I started watching, I have been hooked. Half the time I laugh at the sci-fi, fantasy, and scientific references while my fiance just rolls her eyes at me.

I've seen episodes that I thought were funny. This week's episode looked funny based on the ad. It looked the guys were dressed up in their favorite super hero costume. They asked the blonde girl what universe was she supposedly from because of her Wonder Woman costume. I meant to watch it but missed it I think.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Dec 18 2010, 01:45 AM)
At first, I was reluctant to watch as I feared the show was demeaning geeks, but once I started watching, I have been hooked. Half the time I laugh at the sci-fi, fantasy, and scientific references while my fiance just rolls her eyes at me.

I think the show's funnier if you are a "nerd", per se.

I proudly proclaim my nerdiness, but I can get away with it because I also like things like football and most mainstream music.

If you're not into scifi at least a liiiiiiiiittle bit, a lot of the BBT jokes go over your head.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Spindrift82 @ Dec 26 2010, 06:38 PM)
I am a huge fan. Got the Season 3 DVD set for Christmas, can't wait to delve into it tomorrow.

I was expecting to get it as a present, but didn't. And here I'd held off buying it myself, in case someone bought it for me! Oh well, I'll run out and buy it ASAP.

Last year at this time, after I was gifted with the Season Two DVD, I was watching the entire season between Christmas and New Year's.

I bought the Season Three DVD last night.

Tonight...oh, tonight. It's supposed to be the first NEW episode of the show in 3 or 4 weeks... but got pre-empted (in my area, anyway) for the St. Jude's Miracle Telethon thingy. It'll air at 2:10 AM... about three hours from when I posted this, in the middle of the night! fists crying.gif

Saw the new episode from tonight. Hysterical!! (As always, aha~)

I recently got this shirt with Sheldon's face on it that says "BAZINGA" in huge, obnoxious, yellow letters.

Jim Parsons is so fabulous... tongue.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 6 2011, 11:24 PM)
Saw the new episode from tonight. Hysterical!! (As always, aha~)
I recently got this shirt with Sheldon's face on it that says "BAZINGA" in huge, obnoxious, yellow letters.
Jim Parsons is so fabulous... tongue.gif

I recorded the new episode (which aired at 2:10 AM, thanks to Marlo Thomas at St. Jude's) and watched it quickly this morning before work.

Loved the reference to the theremin. I've been wanting one of those since I first saw a documentary about them twelve years ago. But the actual plot of the episode: haven't we seen essentially the same thing happen a half-dozen times before? Sheldon trying to become the dictatorial leader of whatever "project" they're engaged in, to stroke his own ego and get his way?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 7 2011, 08:46 AM)
http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nerd-venn-diagram-20090915-092804.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_b9qNoeZofgM/S_h0VJ03IzI/AAAAAAAAG0o/Nnv5SYK2lJ0/s1600/geek-nerd-dork.jpg

According to both charts, I am a geek. |D

Huzzah.