Geddy Is Hot: Mk.II

Jaye

I've been feeling really sad all day, I always worry when a tour finishes that it'll be their last. You think I'd be used to it after 35 years, but I still feel the way Geddy looks in that image! :(
  • Like 3

Here's a link to some pics I took of Ged in Nashville this year.

http://s160.photobuc...library/GedNash

Here are a couple from Cincinnati. I was on Alex's side, so didn't get many of Ged.

http://s160.photobucket.com/user/imzadi-7/library/GedNash/GedCIn

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

He does look sad.

They have been playing so long with the triggered stuff I cannot see them do just a 3 instrument show. I also don't know if their style would translate well that way. A couple of songs sure, the whole set no way.

I sure hope they do something in the future even if it isn't such huge productions.

Honestly I don't see most of the theatrics of the shows because I am too focused on their playing. Lights are the main thing I notice and an occasional video in the background.

Edited by hcm
  • Like 1

I was looking for a particular photo, and came across this from 2008, and thought I'd share! It's not often we get to see modern Geddy with a pony tail!

http://imgsrv.kgon.com/image/kgon/UserFiles/Image/AlexGeddy08.JPG

http://imgsrv.kgon.com/image/kgon/UserFiles/Image/geddykeyboard08.JPG

• Like 5

I like the way he looks in a pony tail.

I just noticed - in the second picture - that with his hair tied back, it really brings out his neck! He has a nice neck. Compare with the photo with Alex, whose neck doesn't appear nearly as necky as Geddy's.

And I imagine that Geddy must likely have his hair in a pony tail a lot, when he's not being 'Geddy Lee of Rush' - all that hair hanging around must actually be a bit annoying sometimes. I wonder if he will ever decide to chop it off. Well, probably not - his hair is tied so much in his image, and as long as there's Rush, he will probably keep his image. He will probably let it go grey before he would cut it off. But maybe in 10 years or so, if Rush has kind of called it quits, he might decide to cut it if he's no longer in the Rush limelight.... Hmm, but then, maybe not. He's had bascially the same hairstyle for the past 22 years now, and it fits him very well, and I don't think he would be comfortable with short hair!

Anyway. Nothing like a little expounding on Geddy's hair! :) And neck, for that matter!

• Like 2

Hey girls I just got back from Kansas City yesterday and am still recovering. And yes that is me in that picture! From the Denver show.

I'm exhausted and I'm sad that it's over but I had one of the best most tiring weeks of my whole life.

That picture above where Geddy is pursing his lips together, that's when he was walking off of the stage.

When the band performed The Garden, a whole bunch of us, wearing halos on our head, lit battery-charged tea lights and Geddy's voice broke as he began the song.

It was awesome, my heart is so sad that it's over. Oh to live it all again.

• Like 5

Hey girls I just got back from Kansas City yesterday and am still recovering. And yes that is me in that picture! From the Denver show.

I'm exhausted and I'm sad that it's over but I had one of the best most tiring weeks of my whole life.

That picture above where Geddy is pursing his lips together, that's when he was walking off of the stage.

When the band performed The Garden, a whole bunch of us, wearing halos on our head, lit battery-charged tea lights and Geddy's voice broke as he began the song.

It was awesome, my heart is so sad that it's over. Oh to live it all again.

I'm going to cry.

Gangster, when you have regained your strength, write up a report here for us. If you are exhausted after just one week, Geddy Lee is almost twice your age - imagine how he feels after this tour.

I like the way he looks in a pony tail.

I just noticed - in the second picture - that with his hair tied back, it really brings out his neck! He has a nice neck. Compare with the photo with Alex, whose neck doesn't appear nearly as necky as Geddy's.

And I imagine that Geddy must likely have his hair in a pony tail a lot, when he's not being 'Geddy Lee of Rush' - all that hair hanging around must actually be a bit annoying sometimes. I wonder if he will ever decide to chop it off. Well, probably not - his hair is tied so much in his image, and as long as there's Rush, he will probably keep his image. He will probably let it go grey before he would cut it off. But maybe in 10 years or so, if Rush has kind of called it quits, he might decide to cut it if he's no longer in the Rush limelight.... Hmm, but then, maybe not. He's had bascially the same hairstyle for the past 22 years now, and it fits him very well, and I don't think he would be comfortable with short hair!

Anyway. Nothing like a little expounding on Geddy's hair! :) And neck, for that matter!

What if he starts to go bald?

He has good facial bone structure and a splendid neck. When he wears his hair back, it shows off both very nicely. :yes:

I've wondered too why he doesn't just wear it pulled back during concerts. Like you said, it must be annoying having that hair hanging around ( :laughing guy: ) .

Gangster, you would know - what are we seeing on his face in that picture?

Oh everybody there thought he was emotional.

Well... Geddy was gorgeous as usual. We ended up being fourth row Alex side but... When Geddy came over to our side I put my license plate up, which says "I (heart) Geddy." And he wasn't too impressed. :( He just kind of looked at it. I was hoping for a big toothy smile.

Oh well.

From what you've said about the concert, what with Geddy tearing up during 'The Garden', perhaps he didn't respond to you because he was too emotional. :huh:

I love the picture of you with the license plate!

• Like 1

Well... Geddy was gorgeous as usual. We ended up being fourth row Alex side but... When Geddy came over to our side I put my license plate up, which says "I (heart) Geddy." And he wasn't too impressed. :( He just kind of looked at it. I was hoping for a big toothy smile.

Oh well.

From what you've said about the concert, what with Geddy tearing up during 'The Garden', perhaps he didn't respond to you because he was too emotional. :huh:

I love the picture of you with the license plate!

Thanks for the compliment!

Geddy saw the plate in both Salt Lake and in Denver, not in Kansas City. I had to bolt it back onto the car so that my husband could drive back to California from Denver while I flew out to KC. :(

I ended up finding a pen and piece of paper in my purse during 2112 in Denver and I wrote "ALEX" on it, covered up Geddy's name on my plate and got a 1,000,000 megawat smile and belly laugh from Alex. I think he's my new man now.

We have theories though.

Geddy isn't used to as much female attention and didn't know how to react.

I look like I'm about... 25 according to most people so maybe it creeped him out.

Or the fact that my husband was next to me was weird.

Or YYZ is still really hard to play.

Or... he looked down and saw my chunky ass and belly fat, my snaggle tooth, and my now burgundy hair and was like "honey.... please".

Edited by gangsterfurious

Maybe he didn't see it. I don't know how powerful the stage lights are, but they could have obstructed his vision.

How far away from him were you?

Ten feet away from Geddy on Alex's side. Alex saw it a few times.

Geddy doesn't seem to be quite as reactive as Alex. I think he's just naturally more reserved, but I also think he's got a lot to concentrate on during concerts. I wouldn't take it too personally.
  • Like 1

Maybe he didn't see it. I don't know how powerful the stage lights are, but they could have obstructed his vision.

How far away from him were you?

Ten feet away from Geddy on Alex's side. Alex saw it a few times.

I'm not a person that is given to being a phony, or saying things just for the sake of saying them without sincerely meaning them, but, honestly, I don't know how he couldn't have at least cracked a smile when he saw your smile - a smile that looks like it could charm anyone at anytime when sincerely given.

Maybe he honestly didn't see it. Men are strange like that - in case you don't already know that. ;)

• Like 2

Geddy doesn't seem to be quite as reactive as Alex. I think he's just naturally more reserved, but I also think he's got a lot to concentrate on during concerts. I wouldn't take it too personally.

I'm not, I just imagined giving Geddy a big smile when he saw it, some of my friends got a brilliant smile and reaction to their signs (In SLC & KC) while I stood there making a jackass out of myself trying to get him to see it.

Anyway, if you girls need me I'll be looking at the California DMV website to see if an I (heart) ALEXL plate is available.

• Like 1

Anyway, if you girls need me I'll be looking at the California DMV website to see if an I (heart) ALEXL plate is available.

Big Al sez:

That's the spirit, Gangster!

Anyway,%20if%20you%20girls%20need%20me%20Ihttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Bluefunk/Rush/or16ann_074.jpg

• Like 1

Big Al sez:

That's the spirit, Gangster!

Anyway,%20if%20you%20girls%20need%20me%20Ihttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Bluefunk/Rush/or16ann_074.jpg

Mmmmm Alex is that a roll of quarters or are you just happy to see me?

:drool:

• Like 1